PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Howard Rookie bat

justinlm24
04-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Does anyone know if Ryan Howard ever used a diablo bat during his rookie year? There is one on ebay and I may be interested but can't find any pics of him using one or any documentation of his ever using one. I saw mostly sam bats during his rookie year and Marucci thereafter.....any thoughts??

b.heagy
04-19-2009, 02:23 AM
I have not viewed the bat on ebay. It has been my experience with Diablo bats that they are probably BP bats. I am told Howard was given bats by Diablo to use but he will not use them in a game because he has endorsements with Marucci and other companies? Not sure how true that is but just a thought. I have a Diablo Howard myself but advertise it as a BP.

bigtruck260
04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
I have seen probably 10-15 Diablo BLOOD RED bats advertised on eBay and other places over the past 3 years...and almost all of them were listed as BP bats - or had green ink transfers (from BP balls) on them.

I was interested in buying one last year for a friend, but after researching a little, I decided that the best bet is to buy a Marucci - or a Black M9 LS from earlier in his career. Just my opinion - I am not an expert on Howard by any means.

2000mvpfan
04-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Agreed...I own one of the blood red Diablos and it's definitely a BP bat-hammered,but a BP bat (green ball marks) nonetheless.And I never have been able to find a pic of him using one in a game...

Joe