X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

2007 Posada bat

I am specifically only looking for a bat from his 2007 season Steiner loa.

Bat has to be specified coming from 2007 either on loa or that you purchased it in 2007.

Does anyone have one?
  • Vintagedeputy
    • Oct 2005

Re: 2007 Posada bat

Best of luck in your search, suave.

I have an 07 and 08 Posada bats and they are 2 of the most treasured pieces in my collection. I've always found it interesting that Posada seems to have such a big following among collectors, even though he has never been a star. I'd love to see him make the HOF someday.

Jim

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

Vintage I know for some reason 2007 bats are on of the hardest to obtain of Posada's.

He is not a superstar but I do think he is a star or some may consider a semi star.
      He has a good following because I think he has been one of the hardest working players on the team.
      He has been there from the begining since 95. He is not glamourous with tv commericials or endorsements and such. He is just Posada a Baseball player.
      I consider him the true captain of the team, because when something goes wrong Posada is the one to step up and say something. (this is just my opinion)
      Also I think he has an old school metality to the game and I think he is one of the last players in the majors to have that mentaility.
      I mean who else pees on there hands lol lol

I think at this point the only original team left from 95 is Pettitte, Jeter, Rivera, & Posada.

And now Girardi but he is a manager

Plus for game used collectors he has some of the best bats. Heavy Use, cleat marks, ball marks, his tape job, and of course his heavy pine tar.

Comment

• metsbats
        • Nov 2005

Moises Alou also pees on his hands and like Jorge does not use batting gloves!
        metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
          Vintage I know for some reason 2007 bats are on of the hardest to obtain of Posada's.

He is not a superstar but I do think he is a star or some may consider a semi star.
          He has a good following because I think he has been one of the hardest working players on the team.
          He has been there from the begining since 95. He is not glamourous with tv commericials or endorsements and such. He is just Posada a Baseball player.
          I consider him the true captain of the team, because when something goes wrong Posada is the one to step up and say something. (this is just my opinion)
          Also I think he has an old school metality to the game and I think he is one of the last players in the majors to have that mentaility.
          I mean who else pees on there hands lol lol

I think at this point the only original team left from 95 is Pettitte, Jeter, Rivera, & Posada.

And now Girardi but he is a manager

Plus for game used collectors he has some of the best bats. Heavy Use, cleat marks, ball marks, his tape job, and of course his heavy pine tar.
          I wonder why 2007 bats are hard to find?. I know what you mean about the use characteristics, the tar, tape, cleat marks, etc - Its all there. I love my 2007 bat, even though my 2008 bat shows more use. I have my 2007 bat photomatched to his 800th career rbi, an rbi single against the Blue Jays, driving in Jeter. He is truly a ballplayer, someone who does his job, keeps his mouth shut, and plays the game hard. One of my all time favorites, without a doubt.

Jim

Comment

• suave1477
            Banned
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
            I wonder why 2007 bats are hard to find?
            I believe the reason is not many were released by Steiner and to add to that it was his best season ever.

He led the Yankees for the whole season in average.
            His average from opening day to the all star break was like .383
            After the all star break he dropped to I think .326

I find it funny though how people say AROD that season carried the Yankees when it reality it was Posada who carried them that season.

Comment

• BULBUS
              • Nov 2005

After the 2007 season they had a bunch of them they were blowing out. I bought 3 for either 125 or 150 each. I have sold all 3, wish I kept one though.

I havent seen any for sale in a while, I guess people are just hanging onto them.
              Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
              sigpic
              donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• suave1477
                Banned
                • Jan 2006

Bulbus I remember when Steiner had that blow out, but most of those were not from 2007.

Comment

• BULBUS
                  • Nov 2005

I'm pretty sure they were '07s, but I'll try and check later.
                  Chris

sigpic
                  donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• suave1477
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2006

If we are speaking about the same blow out sale they had, I remember they had a couple of 2007's and a few BP bats but not a lot.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                      • Oct 2005

Mine doesnt have a Steiner cert, but it is as legit as they come. Direct from the fan in Toronto who got it after the game. Photomatched and all. I guess a Steiner cert ot MLB hologram would be nice. Knowing that it was used for a milestone rbi as well is neat! At the time of the at bat, Posada was leading the league in hitting.

Comment

• Yankwood
                        • Nov 2005

Are there markings that would make it 2007 specific?

Comment

• BULBUS
                          • Nov 2005

I went and looked at some old emails and found pics of one of them. They were all the P320M's. Did he use a P320M before 2007? At the time, Bob Malandro (I miss his emails) had 17 Posada's. I bought 3 of them, one cracked in half that glued together nicely for 130 and the other 2 were 200 each. All had great use! Here are the pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	posada2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	651571

Click image for larger version

Name:	posada1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	651572
                          Chris

sigpic
                          donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• metsbats
                            • Nov 2005

According to the info in this old thread the Jorge started on the P320Ms in 2007. I had a Posada I brought from Bob M in last 2007 therefore I probably had a 2007 Posada too
                            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• suave1477
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2006

Bulbus do you mind if I ask specifically when you were offered these bats?

I ask because I was made a similar offer at some time in mid season of 2008 and was told they had all recently came in from the 2008 season. That not too much came in from 2007 of Posadas bats.

Maybe we were offered 2 different offerings

Comment

Working...