PDA

View Full Version : Gary Carter catchers gear from 86 WS??

metsbats
04-20-2009, 08:27 PM
I've owned a pair of shin guards and a chest protector used by Gary Carter which i can style match to the 86 season. The shin guards are heavily used and the chest protector was missing the straps and have these stains on them which I never thought twice about. However after seeing some forum members post about jerseys with stains which are attributed to champagne I can't help wondering if the gear I have can be directly attributed to the 86 WS.

There are stains on the blue chest protector which look like splatter marks and the fact that the straps are missing may have been attributed to the being pulled off during the rowdy celebration pile up.

I've attached photos of the chest protector and photos of Carter from the 86 WS.

I 'm sure there no way to prove that the stains could have been a result of a champagne bath after the final out of game 7 of the 86 WS.

Perhaps I'm just dreaming a little too much.

suicide_squeeze
04-20-2009, 10:00 PM
I've owned a pair of shin guards and a chest protector used by Gary Carter which i can style match to the 86 season. The shin guards are heavily used and the chest protector was missing the straps and have these stains on them which I never thought twice about. However after seeing some forum members post about jerseys with stains which are attributed to champagne I can't help wondering if the gear I have can be directly attributed to the 86 WS.

There are stains on the blue chest protector which look like splatter marks and the fact that the straps are missing may have been attributed to the being pulled off during the rowdy celebration pile up.

I've attached photos of the chest protector and photos of Carter from the 86 WS.

I 'm sure there no way to prove that the stains could have been a result of a champagne bath after the final out of game 7 of the 86 WS.

Perhaps I'm just dreaming a little too much.

Nothing wrong with dreams. Sometimes they come true.

And what you have there is pretty darn intriguing...looks really really close to a photo match. I spent some time counting the rows on the pad, and trying to match up the spacing on the verticle stitching....I'd do some more homework if I were you. Never know what you might be able to find?

Lokee
04-20-2009, 10:10 PM
tru dat !

Nice Carter item.