PDA

View Full Version : Luis Castillo Signed Game Used Hit Streak #31??????

gameused
05-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Listed on ebay is an Old Hickory Luis Castillo bat signed hit streak #31 from 6-16-02

http://cgi.ebay.com/Luis-Castillo-Signed-Game-Used-Hit-Streak-31-Bat-ESM_W0QQitemZ8805031019QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Checked Getty Images and it shows Castillo with a Mizuno bat for his 31st hit on 6-16-02

MIAMI - JUNE 16: Second Baseman Luis Castillo # 1 of the Florida Marlins gets a hit for his 31st consecutive game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays during the MLB game at Pro Player Stadium in Miami, Florida on June 16, 2002. The Devil Rays defeated the Marlins 4-1. (Photo By Eliot Schechter/Getty Images)

pietraynor
05-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Also note, "Lajoie" is spelled incorrectly on the bat.

justinlm24
05-01-2006, 08:07 PM
This is more than likely a bat he may have used in the game, but not the one he used to get the hit. You see it all the time. For example you may see a bat that is advertised "game used HR #10 bat" on the COA, but in fact it is just a bat used during that game. Unless it comes with an LOA that states it was used to hit the HR, or in your case, used to get the hit for the hit streak, then I'd stay away from it. This is one of the most common misconceptions as far as COA's are concerned. Not that this wasn't used on that day, in that game, but more than likely was not the bat used to extend the streak. It's not uncommon for players to use 2 different bats in a game. Hope this helps.

suave1477
05-01-2006, 10:05 PM
This is very common practice with ESM they name it as the Home Run bat or the Streak bat which what they are actually saying is it was used during that particular game. Which even though it it not the actual bat that added to the significance of the accomplishment of the player it is still pretty cool to have a game used item autographed that was used in that significant game.

pietraynor
05-02-2006, 06:38 AM
How bout it Twins fans? Anyone tape this game? I can see him using different bats during the same game, but this day and age there should be a picture/tape for verification. I'll look further on gettyimages. Not saying he didn't use it, just stating I'd like to see a pic of him using this bat during the game.

djusticefan
05-02-2006, 05:43 PM
As suave said, this is very common with ESM. I have seen several bats that they claim were game used home run bats with the date written on the LOA and the bat but the dates were not correct. I have seen this most commonly on Andruw Jones game used home run bats and batting gloves but I have seen this happen with other players as well.