PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Strike Again

dirtyla2000
04-21-2009, 08:43 PM
How dare Elijah Dukes show up 5 minutes late for a practice! OH YA he was doing some charity work at a little league game,the bastard!The good news is that the fine is being paid by the little league team,500.00! I guess they will have to wash a 100 xtra cars in a fundraiser to pay the poor NATIONALS! WAY TO GO NATS

jdr3
04-21-2009, 08:47 PM
What is the point of that post? Funny? No.

markize
04-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm not even a nats fan, but what generosity shown by dukes to give up his time for a little league team, and the team to give up $500 as a thank you. Your posts are absolutely stupid.

Moderators: what does this crap have to do with game used memorabilia?

Mark

skyking26
04-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Dirty's posts are usually directed towards venting about the Expos move to Washington DC. Somehow, he believes that venting here about Nats' early woes means something... Problem is, nobody here has a clue, including I, what he is trying to communicate...

He's best off ignored.

RK

markize
04-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Dirty's posts are usually directed towards venting about the Expos move to Washington DC. Somehow, he believes that venting here about Nats' early woes means something... Problem is, nobody here has a clue, including I, what he is trying to communicate...

He's best off ignored.

RK

Bob,

You are 100% right. I guess it's just pathetic to take something good like an MLB player giving up their time for some kids and trying to piss all over it. There were plenty of things I wanted to say, but I tried to respect the forum rules. Some people just live a sad, bitter life.

Mark

Lokee
04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
I might get some heat but Dukes has a job. His job is a pro baseball player and he should show up on time to his job.

End of story.

mr.miracle
04-21-2009, 10:14 PM
How dare Elijah Dukes show up 5 minutes late for a practice! OH YA he was doing some charity work at a little league game,the bastard!The good news is that the fine is being paid by the little league team,500.00! I guess they will have to wash a 100 xtra cars in a fundraiser to pay the poor NATIONALS! WAY TO GO NATS

I thought he was being sacrastic? Am I the only one who saw it that way???

allstarsplus
04-21-2009, 10:19 PM
I thought he was being sacrastic? Am I the only one who saw it that way???

Brett - He is not being sarcastic or funny. He seriously hates the Nationals because he was a huge Expos fan and holds the Nationals responsible.

It is ridiculous. Read some of his old posts and inaccurate #'s on attendence.

He tried to be a revisionist to the Expos history. Those of us in Washington that are in our 40's or older met the same fate with the Washington Senators. It sucks to lose your team. You find allegiance in another team or become a multi-millionaire and buy your own team. To blame the new franchise is ridiculous.

allstarsplus
04-21-2009, 10:22 PM

He's best off ignored.

RK

Now that is funny. By the way, a majestic HR tonight by Adam Dunn. The HR ball sat in the centerfield grass and was retrieved by the authenticator!!!! I want that ball!!!!

mr.miracle
04-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Brett - He is not being sarcastic or funny. He seriously hates the Nationals because he was a huge Expos fan and holds the Nationals responsible.

He tried to be a revisionist to the Expos history. Those of us in Washington that are in our 40's or older met the same fate with the Washington Senators. It sucks to lose your team. You find allegiance in another team or become a multi-millionaire and buy your own team. To blame the new franchise is ridiculous.

Strange, very strange. If their fan base will not support their team then they have to go somewhere. Blame ownership if you want but don't blame the city they went to.

skyking26
04-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Now that is funny. By the way, a majestic HR tonight by Adam Dunn. The HR ball sat in the centerfield grass and was retrieved by the authenticator!!!! I want that ball!!!!
Heard about the HR. Hope to see it on ESPN. Going to send my helmet and hats off to that signing Dunn is doing in May.

allstarsplus
04-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Strange, very strange. If their fan base will not support their team then they have to go somewhere. Blame ownership if you want but don't blame the city they went to.

Exactly. I said the same to him before.

Like I said, I lived through it as a 12 year old when the Senators left town. Can you imagine having Ted Williams as your Manager and hero and he leaves for Texas. It sucked. I never blamed Texas, I blamed the lousy owner Robert Short!!!!:D

mr.miracle
04-21-2009, 10:31 PM

He tried to be a revisionist to the Expos history. Those of us in Washington that are in our 40's or older met the same fate with the Washington Senators. It sucks to lose your team. You find allegiance in another team or become a multi-millionaire and buy your own team. To blame the new franchise is ridiculous.\

I now stand corrected and see what you mean.

mr.miracle
04-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Exactly. I said the same to him before.

Like I said, I lived through it as a 12 year old when the Senators left town. Can you imagine having Ted Williams as your Manager and hero and he leaves for Texas. It sucked. I never blamed Texas, I blamed the lousy owner Robert Short!!!!:D

Yeah, that had to really stink. I saw his post on Washington being a bunch of losers. I guess the Skins don't count??? I know the Caps, Bullets/Wizards, Senators/Nats don't have a very full trophy case, but then again, there are a number of cities that don't exactly have overloaded trophy cases.

dirtyla2000
04-22-2009, 03:30 AM
it was sarcasm the Nationals are the laughing stock of baseball. as for its relevance to this site,I guess it has about the same as most posts on this sie,none! WE IN MTL. WERE SCREWED BY MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL AND OUR EX PATHETIC OWNER JEFFRIE LORIA.GO ON UTUBE AND LISTEN TO BILL LEE,HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS! I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE CITY OF WASHINGTON,JUST THERE LOUSY TEAM.WE DID NOT LOSE OUR TEAM BECAUSE OF LOUSY ATTENDANCE A CAREFULLY DEVISED PLAN BY SELIG AND LORIA.I simply want this reconized.ANY EXPOS FANS OUTHERE AT ALL,PLEASE COMMENT,AS FOR THE NATS FANS CONGRATS YOU ARE NOW THE NEW LAUGHING STOCKS OF THE MLB. THIS WILL BE MTY LAST HATE POST ON THE NATS I WILL LET THERE ORGANIZATION SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. VIVE NOS AMOURS LES EXPOS!!!!!!

jobathenut
04-22-2009, 04:13 AM
For what it's worth,Lokee...I'll take the heat right with you,as you said what i was going to say about this.I mean if i'm late to work,if i tell my boss i was helping kids,than that makes it ok?And my boss should'nt do anything about it?:)
I might get some heat but Dukes has a job. His job is a pro baseball player and he should show up on time to his job.

End of story.

mr.miracle
04-22-2009, 09:52 PM
it was sarcasm the Nationals are the laughing stock of baseball. as for its relevance to this site,I guess it has about the same as most posts on this sie,none! WE IN MTL. WERE SCREWED BY MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL AND OUR EX PATHETIC OWNER JEFFRIE LORIA.GO ON UTUBE AND LISTEN TO BILL LEE,HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS! I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE CITY OF WASHINGTON,JUST THERE LOUSY TEAM.WE DID NOT LOSE OUR TEAM BECAUSE OF LOUSY ATTENDANCE A CAREFULLY DEVISED PLAN BY SELIG AND LORIA.I simply want this reconized.ANY EXPOS FANS OUTHERE AT ALL,PLEASE COMMENT,AS FOR THE NATS FANS CONGRATS YOU ARE NOW THE NEW LAUGHING STOCKS OF THE MLB. THIS WILL BE MTY LAST HATE POST ON THE NATS I WILL LET THERE ORGANIZATION SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. VIVE NOS AMOURS LES EXPOS!!!!!!

UHHHH so why exactly would MLB consipire against Montreal to remove the Expos? Did team ownership and MLB pay the fans to stay away? Did they cook the attendance numbers? I guess all the photos taken of Olympic Stadium with nobody present for games must have been doctored? I was a bit upset when the Colts left Baltimore but oh well life goes on.

dirtyla2000
04-23-2009, 03:55 AM
just go on youtube and punch in Bill Lee,he tells the whole story!Dont be ignorant,Washington will have the same crowds soon as do many MLB teams,but there is no conspiracy to move them!

Vintagedeputy
04-23-2009, 06:58 AM
http://hoboken411.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/please-do-not-feed-the-hoboken-trolls.jpg

allstarsplus
04-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Forbes did their annual team valuations and the Nationals had the largest drop-

The Washington Nationals ($406 million) were down 12 percent.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090422/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbo_team_values_1

Yep, baseball team can go down in value so the $450 million the ownership group paid in 2006 plus all the money they spent in capital improvements are worth probably $60 million less today.

The team they bought in 2005 had a depleted farm system and probably wasn't worth anywhere near the $450 million they paid in the first place. :mad:

bigtime59
04-23-2009, 07:53 AM
To be fair...
MLB in Montreal was killed by the 1994 strike-to-preempt-the-1995-lockout. (Attendance in Toronto took one hell of a hit, too, but they weren't plagued by the ownership/stadium issues Montreal had.)
Absent that strike, there's a pretty good chance the Expos go to the World Series in 1994, Labatt Field gets built, and the Expos don't leave.
Washington remains in place as the pawn in everyone's "build me a stadium or I move" game until every MLB city has a new park, and gets an expansion franchise in 2014 or so. Nationals Park is built in Northern Virginia close to both surface and rail transportation, instead of an undeveloped part of DC served by only one rail line. People in DC get an extra excuse to hate Peter Angelos for another decade, and the current Orioles team gets a chance to reclaim the loyalties of the wealthier portion of their fan base with World Series appearances in 2012 and 2013 before it gets sawed off and given to a DC club. Everybody goes home happy.
That's my story. Everything before "the Expos don't leave" is true. The rest...well, a boy can dream, can't he? :D

dirtyla2000
04-23-2009, 07:52 PM
thankyou,someone who is informed,THE MLB made the money from the fools who bought the Nationals! 1994 was a perfect year to lock the players out,we were going to win it all! VINTAGE DEPUTY YOU ARE NOW A LITTLE WISER THAN 5 MINUTES AGO! YOU COULD NOW GO BACK TO POLISHING YOUR GUNS ON YOUR FRONT PORCH!

mr.miracle
04-23-2009, 07:59 PM
http://hoboken411.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/please-do-not-feed-the-hoboken-trolls.jpg

Vintage, man you are cracking me up. You have to stop it man. Now back to polishing my gun collection on my front porch

mr.miracle
04-23-2009, 08:00 PM
thankyou,someone who is informed,THE MLB made the money from the fools who bought the Nationals! 1994 was a perfect year to lock the players out,we were going to win it all! VINTAGE DEPUTY YOU ARE NOW A LITTLE WISER THAN 5 MINUTES AGO! YOU COULD NOW GO BACK TO POLISHING YOUR GUNS ON YOUR FRONT PORCH!

Dude, whatever you are smoking, I am begging you please for the love of god send some to me. I really need to escape reality soon.

Vintagedeputy
04-23-2009, 08:07 PM

I clean my guns on the BACK porch.

I only use the front porch for drinking beer and shooting as passing cars....

you comin' to visit?

allstarsplus
04-23-2009, 08:11 PM
THE MLB made the money from the fools who bought the Nationals! !

We can agree on that. Like I said, they created an environment around the bidding to push the prices up to $450 million. Where was it that a team with limited TV revenue (Orioles owned the TV network), an old stadium (owned by the Government), depleted farm system, and public relations issues, and shakey fan base could command an unheard of price like that.

It basically meant that the geographic location demanded the premium. Just compare it to what the Oakland A's sold for $180 million.

Do the math, $270 million more just based on geographic location!!!!

So on this issue I agree with DIRTYLA2000.

dirtyla2000
04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
finally ,you got me to laugh and hard,well done!