PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers J. Martin

encinorick
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
For the many Dodger fans that inhabit GUU, be advised that Russell Martin, All-Star catcher and future HOF, has a NOB "J. Martin" above his number 55 on both home and away jerseys. Haven't a clue as to why, but, that's what he's been wearing this year.

Rob L
04-21-2009, 11:07 PM
The J is for Russell Martin's mothers maiden name which is Jeanson. His full name is: Russell Nathan Jeanson Coltrane Martin.

encinorick
04-22-2009, 12:38 PM
So the NOB should read "RNJC Martin." Never heard of such a thing, I'm surprised MLB allows it.

Rob L
04-22-2009, 01:20 PM
So the NOB should read "RNJC Martin." Never heard of such a thing, I'm surprised MLB allows it.

That would be classic!!

yanks12025
04-22-2009, 02:18 PM
How can you say future hall of famer when he has only played a couple seasons.

encinorick
04-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Great, great player with all the skills, hits, runs, throws, steals, hits for power, defense and he manages his pitchers and calls a game without peer. He's the reincarnation of Campy.

Besides, you Yankee guys say it all the time. Oh, yeah, wasn't Yoba the next Clemens? On second thought, perhaps he is.

Yankees have to buy talent, Dodgers breed them.

Dodgers v. Jays, Dodgers in six. :p

treant985
04-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Well MLB allows 'Ichiro' on the back of a jersey, so I doubt they care if somebody wants to put (one of his several) middle initials...

I remember a few years back, some of the Rays players got a Baldelli jersey that had 'Rocco' on the back and he wore it for several innings before an umpire pointed it out to him.

GarkoCollector
04-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Well MLB allows 'Ichiro' on the back of a jersey, so I doubt they care if somebody wants to put (one of his several) middle initials...

I remember a few years back, some of the Rays players got a Baldelli jersey that had 'Rocco' on the back and he wore it for several innings before an umpire pointed it out to him.

Ichiro I believe has his first name on his jersey as Japanese custom is last name first, first name last.

suicide_squeeze
04-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Um......encinorick,

I'm as big a Dodger fan as you'll ever meet.

But our future Hall of Famer mis-caught an intentional ball on an intentional walk tonight, which eventually led to us losing the game.

I love Russell Martin, but I am becoming alarmed. His bat disappeared last year in the NLCS (if not the series prior againt the Cubs)......and he just doesn't appear to be the same guy behind the plate either.

I hope it's only a temporary lapse.