PDA

View Full Version : Please post pics of Brown/Black bats signed in silver

TFig27
04-22-2009, 02:57 PM
I am looking to get a brown bat autographed. Silver is always tricky.

I am looking for some example photos of your signed bats with what type of marker was used.

Any recommendations? Silver Sharpie? Silver Decocolor?

Thanks for any help,

Tom

TFig27@aol.com

nomarmauerfan
04-22-2009, 03:40 PM
TFig,
Take a look in the April thread a few pages back and you'll see a black Morneau I had signed with a silver paint pen. Came out great. Do NOT put it in a bat tube though (I learned that with a different bat)!!!

Mike

godwulf
04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Paint pen, and not those Fine Point things - they're useless. If the signer doesn't press hard enough, you can barely see the autograph, and if they press too hard with it (as Eric Byrnes did with one of my red Diablos) you get a big blob of paint running down the bat.

The Medium Point pens, the ones that are about the size of a Magic Marker, work great.

cordovacollector
04-22-2009, 06:15 PM
I always prefer gold on brown. WalMart craft department.

TFig27
04-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks for replies!

TFig,
Take a look in the April thread a few pages back and you'll see a black Morneau I had signed with a silver paint pen. Came out great. Do NOT put it in a bat tube though (I learned that with a different bat)!!!

Mike

Mike, email sent

Paint pen, and not those Fine Point things - they're useless. If the signer doesn't press hard enough, you can barely see the autograph, and if they press too hard with it (as Eric Byrnes did with one of my red Diablos) you get a big blob of paint running down the bat.

The Medium Point pens, the ones that are about the size of a Magic Marker, work great.

You remember which brand?

metsbats
04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I have these two bat signed in silver which I obtained during the 1999-2000 seasons. Nine years later the silver signatures are still as sharp as the day I received them.

The Ventura bat would have looked nicer in gold to match the branding though.

gameused
04-22-2009, 09:30 PM
I would go with a fine tip gold pen on a brown bat.

AWA85
04-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I have these two bat signed in silver which I obtained during the 1999-2000 seasons. Nine years later the silver signatures are still as sharp as the day I received them.

The Ventura bat would have looked nicer in gold to match the branding though.

Which type of marker/ paint pen and brand is that? I like that method!

godwulf
04-23-2009, 09:07 AM
You remember which brand?

The last one I bought, and which works great, is a "Pilot". I bought it at Michael's, but I'd imagine any crafts-type store would have them.

Some folks like the fine point paint pens, but honestly, I've found it to be a crapshoot. Some signers and some bats, it looks nice - others, same pen, you can barely see that there's a signature. I'm just sayin'...

nationals2k9
04-23-2009, 09:08 AM
I was really drawn to the gold signature on this Manny bat! It may be a lighter brown though than what you have.

OaklandAsFan
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM

I almost always get them signed in gold if the names are stamped in gold and silver if they are in silver.

OaklandAsFan
04-23-2009, 11:02 AM
personally I would stick to the Pilot medium point markers. I tried the Sharpie paint pens and the tips seem to gets screwed up pretty quickly and the sigs come out like crap after that.

godwulf
04-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Along the same lines, I've always gone with a black Sharpie on natural-colored bats, but a lot of times, if the finish of the bat is glossy at all, the signature ends up looking like crap. I think I've only ever seen Gold and Silver paint pens...do they make Black ones? Or does someone have a better idea (aside from sanding the place where you want the guy to sign)?

OaklandAsFan
04-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I have strayed completely away from Sharpies and use these pens and have not ever had a problem. They are medium point Staedtler permanent lumocolor pens. They work great on gloss (primarily why I started to use them is they don't bleed out as often on todays glossy cards and the ink is vibrant and bright. I also attached a picture several bats signed with those pens. one of the McCutchens is shiny the other isn't and the Nolan Reimold is shiny and as you can see no problems.

godwulf
04-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks, OAF, I'll check them out!

tigerdale
04-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Just curious Oaklandasfan, is that second picture, after the johnson bat...whose is that??giambi??

OaklandAsFan
04-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Just curious Oaklandasfan, is that second picture, after the johnson bat...whose is that??giambi??

first picture was Donny Lucy and Dan Johnson
second pic was Bobby Kielty and Jeremy Giambi
third pic was Eric Chavez and Johnny Damon
fourth pic was Rafael Palmeiro and you can see a Giambi on the side.
fifth pic was Ryan Goleski,JJ Furmaniak,Mark Grudzielanek and Adam Piatt
sixth pic was Ben Grieve,Jeremy Brown,Terrence Long and Rob Bowen.

MUSEOVEN
04-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Check :

OaklandAsFan
04-23-2009, 02:10 PM
what kind of pen was that? I dig it on the black bat a lot, kinda wishy washy about it on the brown one though.

MUSEOVEN
04-23-2009, 02:14 PM
SRX METALLIC COLOR SHARP.-

WWW.MEGABRANDS.COM (http://www.MEGABRANDS.COM)

metsbats
04-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Which type of marker/ paint pen and brand is that? I like that method!

It was done in a silver paint pen. The type you have to shake and press down on the point before using.

I found an old GUF thread on silver pens.

https://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/archive/index.php/t-13322.html

GarkoCollector
04-24-2009, 08:54 AM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk301/GarkoCollector/Memorabilia/PlayoffBat.jpg

eisenreich8
04-24-2009, 09:32 AM

I can't now post pics, but I agree with gold. I have a Baerga brown w/gold sig. It is awesome.

suave1477
04-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Tfig I would personally receccomend Silver Paint Sharpie on all colored bats (Brown/Black) - The autograph stands out and silver paint holds up longer.

Gold Paint over years tends to fade a bit.

Natural wood bats I prefer blue sharpie over black as over years black tends to turn a brownish color if not kept properly.

In both cases use a medium point - not fine point.

Also with Sharpie - try to use a brand new one after so many autographs (If you have too, bring your own to the signing)

After a few autographs with a sharpie you tend to lose the pointy tip and then the autographs come out looking (blah)