PDA

View Full Version : SCDA LOAs- The Thread!

Eric
05-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone-

I noticed last week one of the new membership programs on Game Used Universe now allow members free access to copies of the SCDA LOAs.

It's a nice resource- and definitely something worth discussing

Seems like a great opportunity for everyone to go through these LOAs and learn more about the things that are considered when authenticating items as well as learn about specific items that have been authenticated.

It would be great if we could start a thread where people could discuss these SCDA LOAs.

For those who haven't tried it, click on "Game Used Library" on the toolbar above- go to LOA Archives. Some great stuff in there.

Let me know what you guys think.
Eric

allstarsplus
05-02-2006, 07:07 AM
The search by player feature is helpful. This should be a great resource for everyone.

Does anyone know if they going to add photos of the items to all of the .pdf downloads?

suave1477
05-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Ok im a little bit confused by this option we have avilable now? Is this for if we have items that have been authenticated? Or sowe can list them in the archives to keep record? Also does the authentication have to be from scda?

Eric
05-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Here's what it's about. Game Used Universe is allowing subscribers to use for free as a research tool, a database of SCDA Letters.

It serves to show what criteria was used for them to call items authentic. It gives a glimpse into what examples of tagging, nameplate, manufacturer etc. should be for a nice cross section of items.

Eric

suave1477
05-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks Eric.

ChrisCavalier
05-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Ok im a little bit confused by this option we have avilable now? Is this for if we have items that have been authenticated? Or sowe can list them in the archives to keep record? Also does the authentication have to be from scda?
First of all, let me apologize if we didn't make it clear that the copies of the SCDA LOAs that are now available for FREE to all members as a research tool (all anyone needs to do to access them is sign up for the 'Complimentary' membership). Thank you Eric for making that clear to everyone.

I also wanted to make note that while there are already a large number of SCDA LOA copies on the site, we still have some more that we will be adding over the next month or so. The reason we need a little more time to add the additional SCDA LOA copies is because we have been busy preparing for more potential content (outside the SCDA LOA copies) that we are looking to add to the site soon. If all goes as expected, the additional content we are hoping to add should serve as an enormous resource tool for participants on this site. We will keep everyone informed as to when that may happen.

In the meantime, I hope every member takes the time to view the LOA Archive on the site (as Eric mentioned simply browse over the 'Game Used Library' tab on the site's global navigation and click on 'LOA Archives'). I also hope we can have some discussions on the forum to help collectors become more educated about the factors used in authenticating items as well as learn some specifics about items that have already been authenticated.

We hope the LOA Archives are a useful tool for everyone and we also look forward to continuously working to help the collecting community every way possible.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe