PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Gamer on Ebay

Gillymo
04-23-2009, 11:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Green-Bay-Packers-BRETT-FAVRE-Game-Worn-Jersey_W0QQitemZ380119477526QQihZ025QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you guys think?

TriplexXxSports
04-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Questionable.....Sleeves seem to short. Looks more of a 'L' cut jersey.

TriplexXxSports
04-24-2009, 06:18 AM
But, how can the one you are asking about be the 'Real Deal', when this one claims to be the 'Real Deal' too?

ISSUED BY TEAM BRETT FAVRE JERSEY,1997 SEASON VERY RARE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140311049866&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123)

Are they both good? NO, both conflict with each other, and both conflict with Brett's ACTUAL GAMERS - Size, sleeve cut, jersey cut, tag placement, etc.....

When 2 of the same jerseys are listed, at the same time, it makes it easy to compare......

IMO - I wouldn't let them pay me to take either one. There's just been too many problems with Favre Gamers that magically appearing on the market.

Did the seller give you any info on the Grey Flannel Favre jersey?

TriplexXxSports
04-24-2009, 08:19 AM
I just exchanged a series of e-mails with the seller of the 'TEAM ISSUED' jersey that he is trying to pass off for a modest sum of $2500:eek:

Here's how that went......

Dear titletown-sports,

I was looking at this jersey and a couple of things have me concerned. I was looking to find out the history behind this jersey. Is there any paperwork that accompanied the jersey? Where was it obtained from?

The things I'm concerned about are Brett has always worn a size 52 jersey. The one in your listing is a 50. Another thing is that the Pro Line tail tag is too close to the #4 on the front. Do you have any input?

Thanks in advance for your time,
-Matthew

HIS RESPONSE......

Hello MATT,
Thanks for looking,i find your comments very interesting. The jersry came from a source ,close to the team.Ihave had this jersey for about 10 years now.Ialso have a direct source who is on the board of directors with the club.Iwas lucky enough to buy a fair amount of items years ago,they came from brett or the club,i never doubted or questioned my friend,i bought my share of bogus crap over the years on ebay,and my grey hair gives me street smarts.I have 1 jersey that holingquest wore # 56 and that came from the equipment mgr with a coa,that about the story and history,as for the pro-line tag its low,your missing the acurate placement frpm my picture,not your fault.
its the real deal,thats my story and i am sticking to it,
take care ,,,go pak!
bill

I RESPONDED.....

Bill,

I admire your loyalty to your source, but I have to tell you that this jersey is NOT genuine. Like I said previously, Brett has ALWAYS worn a size 52. The dead giveaway is the fact that the numbers and lettering on the jersey are heat pressed. Look at any images from Getty, or other named picture sites, from the Packers 1997 season, and you will see that all of the players had stitched numbers.

I am not doubting your 'street smarts', but I have been in the game worn business for quite some time and I have owned, and sold, numerous Favre gamers ......so I am confident when I state my claim to you. In no way am I judging your character, but I know for a fact that this jersey is NOT a GENUINE GAME ISSUED JERSEY.

HE RESPONDED.....

I see, you write reviews in your spare time ,YOUR THE BEST MATT!

A typical response from someone who just got called out on an item they were selling. I write reviews....that's funny! But the point is that jersey is bogus. And back to what I said earlier in this thread, there are just too many problems with FAVRE GAMERS these day to ever consider one to be good.

gwh11
04-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Matt,
Thanks for engaging this seller on this obviously bogus jersey.

He could quite easily run into trouble w/numerous authorities, I would think.

I don't believe I've ever seen a legitimate "game issued" Favre jersey on eBay. Ever.

Guy

TriplexXxSports
04-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Matt,
Thanks for engaging this seller on this obviously bogus jersey.

He could quite easily run into trouble w/numerous authorities, I would think.

I don't believe I've ever seen a legitimate "game issued" Favre jersey on eBay. Ever.

Guy

I had one up, and may post it again, once this GARBAGE sells off.....:D

gwh11
04-24-2009, 03:05 PM
What did you have up?

TriplexXxSports
04-24-2009, 06:59 PM
2001 Thanksgiving Day Game Jersey - All white Reebok

suicide_squeeze
04-24-2009, 11:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Green-Bay-Packers-BRETT-FAVRE-Game-Worn-Jersey_W0QQitemZ380119477526QQihZ025QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you guys think?

Hey.....It comes with a Grey Flannel letter??!!......I'M IN!! That's good enough for ME!

I'm going to do my usual and place a max bid on this beaut! Always wanted a Favre gamer! I'm going.....let's see........$20,000! Yeah, that'll do it!

Gosh dang it, just tried to log in and hand my cash to Russek's fine group of top shelf employees....you know, T.J. the MAN, and co.

My account is still suspended. Another major loss in my life.:rolleyes:

gwh11
04-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Matt,
Those Thanksgiving Throwbacks were sold through the Packers Pro Shop in the fall of '01, around the time of that game. They were tagged like the "real" ones, and you could specify what size you wanted. A lot of size 52s were sold for obvious reasons. They weren't meant to be backup jerseys for Brett; they were made to be sold to the public.
Guy

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Matt,
Those Thanksgiving Throwbacks were sold through the Packers Pro Shop in the fall of '01, around the time of that game. They were tagged like the "real" ones, and you could specify what size you wanted. A lot of size 52s were sold for obvious reasons. They weren't meant to be backup jerseys for Brett; they were made to be sold to the public.
Guy

Thanks for the heads up, but I am 100% confident when I say, this jersey did not come from the pro shop......

gwh11
04-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Matt,
Not trying to pick a fight here, but I don't see anything that leads me to believe this didn't originate from the Pro Shop. Please advise.
Guy

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Matt,
Not trying to pick a fight here, but I don't see anything that leads me to believe this didn't originate from the Pro Shop. Please advise.
Guy

All pro shop gamers are made to resemble true gamers, but there are specific identifiers, such as font, tags, tag placement, the way it is stitched, etc. There is always a way to tell true team issued jerseys from pro shop authentics.

Take a look at the Manny Ramirez thread in the auction discussion board. That identifier is the NOB. Has the exact tags, and so on but the letter spacing is just slightly off.

This trait goes across the board. Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball......

gwh11
04-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Matt,
Let me phrase this a different way:
What differentiates your jersey from one sold by the Packers Pro Shop?
Guy

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 07:02 PM
The fact that I had Col. Rast & Lou look at it........:D

Send me an e-mail - TriplexXxSports@yahoo.com

sportscentury
04-28-2009, 07:32 PM
The fact that I had Col. Rast & Lou look at it........:D

Send me an e-mail - TriplexXxSports@yahoo.com

I must admit that I share Guy's curiosity ... but I am confused as to why this is a secret matter. Isn't this exactly the type of information that is supposed to be shared on GUU, and that we share with each other on a daily basis? Please share so that we can all learn something.

suicide_squeeze
04-28-2009, 08:00 PM
I will start by saying I am NOT a football jersey expert in any way....

Doesn't the NFL Shield on the neckline appear to be undersized on this ebay Favre jersey?

Anyone?

Even the picture that comes with in, in the auction, shows the shield covering the entire neckline top to bottom.....not on the jersey(?).

Just a simple observation.....

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Hell, start up a new thread. Nothing to hide here. We were discussing different jerseys that were listed, yet it somehow got turned over to mine. To keep this thread on topic, I just said e-mail me. If you wanna make it public, start up another thread. I'll be happy to run with it.:D