PDA

View Full Version : Neal Anderson Pro Bowl jersey in Grey Flannel

gatorcollector
04-23-2009, 07:39 PM
The first picture is the jersey being offered by Grey Flannel as a 1990 Pro Bowl game worn jersey. The second picture is the only I could find on Getty of Neal Anderson in that game. You can plainly see a large tear on the 3 on the right sleeve. You can read my e-mail to GF and their response. I'm not doing this to call out GF, I'm trying to find out if it was common practice for players to wear multiple jerseys, especially if one was damaged. Or is it more likely to be a team issued but unused backup jersey?

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding two items in your current auction. One is a question I submitted previously but have not gotten an answer. The other is new.

As I requested previously, I was hoping you could provide a more detailed description of the wear exhibited by the Danny Wuerffel Redskins jersey. Are there hit marks, team repairs, laundry use, etc?

My new question is regarding the Neal Anderson Pro Bowl jersey. I was looking at photos from the 1990 Pro Bowl and found one of Anderson. There appears to be a fairly large tear right across the 3 on the right sleeve. Considering that your description says "The jersey shows light game-use and appears to have no alterations of any kind", I was wondering if maybe your jersey is actually a back-up jersey or one he wore doing publicity in the days before the game. I would be interested to hear your explanation.

There's only a week left in the auction so I look forward to your prompt reply. Thank you.

Hello Jay. I apologize for not answering your question on the Wuerffel shirt, but I never received that email. It does show light game-use with only light wash wear on the manufacturers tag and also on the name and nameplate on back, no other hit marks, etc to speak of.

On the Anderson, you may be right. However, it is also possible that he switched jersey's at the half and wore several during the game. If you are not comfortable, please do not bid on these lots. Thank you and be well.