PDA

View Full Version : Pujols bat on ebay

justinlm24
04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
I am not looking to buy this, but was wondering what everyones thoughts were on this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250409141786

I was always under the impression pujols never used this much tar on his bats. I searched through getty images and found plenty of him using a blonde sam bat, but none with tar this heavy. in fact it looked like he had no tar on them at all. Birdbats, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one. The knob has no writing on it other than the fading 5 as stated in the description, and I always thought he wrote his number and weight on his knobs. Let's hear the thoughts....

justinlm24
04-25-2009, 08:03 AM
It amazes me so many people will bid on an item for the name only. Knowing the bat does not exhibit game use characteristics the player has shown on his bats. I wouldn't think this bat is worth more than $400-$500. It will probably sell for over $1000. Just crazy!!!!!

Birdbats
04-25-2009, 08:57 AM
You are correct... this bat does not have Albert's characteristics. Albert is using more tar this season than in past seasons, but as always, it's brown. When you see the gray Mota stick on a Pujols bat, that's a red flag -- and this amount automatically means someone else used the bat. Whether Albert used it first, one can't say with any certainty... but the characteristics certainly aren't what you'd want in a Pujols bat.

justinlm24
04-25-2009, 10:38 AM
You are correct... this bat does not have Albert's characteristics. Albert is using more tar this season than in past seasons, but as always, it's brown. When you see the gray Mota stick on a Pujols bat, that's a red flag -- and this amount automatically means someone else used the bat. Whether Albert used it first, one can't say with any certainty... but the characteristics certainly aren't what you'd want in a Pujols bat.

The seller states he got this bat from a family member of alberts......I find that quite odd. How would your average everyday guy obtain a bat from a family member of a pro baseball player...??