PDA

View Full Version : Mets @ Citifield

MikeSimon
04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Am i better off getting tickets now or waiting to get scalper tickets at the game? Do scalpers sell near the park???

suave1477
04-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Scalping is illegal in New York City.

Well what is the difference between you getting them now or later?

metsbats
04-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Us New Yorkers are such law abiding citizens. As Suave points out scalping is illegal in our fine state therefore good luck trying to find anyone approaching you in the Citi Field parking lot, after you park your car, as you walk to the Field, asking if you wanted to buy tickets. We frown on that type of behavior:rolleyes:

MikeSimon
04-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Usually, you can pick up half decent scalper tickets for cheap...depending on the visiting team. We're going to a "gold" series game!!

Thanks for your help guys!

metsbats
04-28-2009, 06:33 AM
Other than opening day, I don't believe they've sold out any of the games. Have you tried mets.com. Also Andy Fogel who is a member of this forum posted that he has tickets for some games left and he sells them at face.

metsbats
04-28-2009, 06:36 AM
Other than opening day, I don't believe they've sold out any of the games. Have you tried mets.com. Also Andy Fogel who is a member of this forum posted that he has tickets for some games left and he sells them at face.

Bear in mind they only opened up ticket sales to games up till end of May. I believe the rest of the tickets for June thru end of the year go on sale this week or soon.

sayhey24
04-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Just to set the record straight -- New York State legalized ticket scalping two years ago. The new law does place restrictions on just how close a scalper can be to a venue -- I think it's a 1500 foot buffer zone.

metsbats
04-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Just to set the record straight -- New York State legalized ticket scalping two years ago. The new law does place restrictions on just how close a scalper can be to a venue -- I think it's a 1500 foot buffer zone.

That would explain why the parking lots are full of them.

Thanks sayhey24.

suave1477
04-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Us New Yorkers are such law abiding citizens. As Suave points out scalping is illegal in our fine state therefore good luck trying to find anyone approaching you in the Citi Field parking lot, after you park your car, as you walk to the Field, asking if you wanted to buy tickets. We frown on that type of behavior:rolleyes:

Metsbats I understand my point was when you go to Camden yards it is legal there to scalp so its down right out in the open. Pepople come right up to you loudly that they are selling tickets.

Which is different for New York, so I didn't want him to be traveling from far to expext that same kind of openess to scalpers just being right there. It's one thing if your from New York to go to a game to try to find a scalper but to travel from afar, I wouldn;t want him to take the risk.

Sayhey as far as it becoming legal 2 years ago to scalp in New York, I will take your word for it as I was not aware of that and obviously New York doesn't make the public aware that it is legal to scalp now. So you don't really see people advertsing in public that they are scalping.

Metsfan808
04-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Here is something to keep in mind when buying tickets at Citi Field or anywhere for that matter. With StubHub's electronic ticketing the sellers are now able to retain possession of the actual tickets that they sell. There have been numerous occassions this year in which people have scanned their ticket and it reads invalid, no entry. People are buying tickets in the parking lot and then finding out when they try to get into the stadium that the ticket is invalid. At that point good luck finding the guy who sold you the ticket. The Mets and their staff will do absolutely NOTHING to help you out the police officers in the area will do nothing to help you out either other than take a report. I know a lot of the cops who work the games at Citi Field and they have been getting a lot of complaints about fake or invalid tickets since Citi Field opened.

Keep that in mind when you are considering buying a ticket in the parking lot.

MikeSimon
04-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Mets.com it is. Tickets aren't cheap for "gold" series games. I'm bringing my two sons from Canada and they said they don't mind sitting in the outfield bleachers.

MikeSimon
04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks for everyone's help...that's what I love about this forum!!!

suave1477
04-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Try ebay for those seats you might be able to find them cheaper on ebay

MikeSimon
04-29-2009, 10:14 AM
What are some of the "good" seats @ Citifield that are affordable? Has anyone been there this season??

MikeSimon
05-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Got my tickets!

Do the Mets sell game used jerseys @ Citifield or is that an exclusive Steiner thing???

metsbats
05-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Got my tickets!

Do the Mets sell game used jerseys @ Citifield or is that an exclusive Steiner thing???

Mike,

The Mets Team store has game used jerseys and bats on display for sale.

You can also buy direct from Amazin Memorabilia. (Mets Steiner relationship dissolved after the 2006 season)

Contact Tryel Kirkham at tkirkham@nymets.com

LastingsMilledge85
05-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Heroes and Heritage on the promenade level has game used jerseys, bases, and autographed memrobilia.