PDA

View Full Version : eBay Has Gone To Hell In A Hand Basket!!!

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't know why they have to go and mess up a good thing. I have read all of your posts on here about how bad the recent changes to eBay have made them. Now I am a victim, and I need to vent it off.

So, like most Bears collectors, I was hoping to cash in on our newest 'Dream Man', Jay Cutler.

A few weeks ago I got in touch with my connection at Reebok and asked them to make up 40 Authentic On-Field Cutler jerseys for me. I forked out the cash, up front, and all was good.

They arrived in the mail yesterday, exactly as I ordered, so I took some snapshots, wrote up a listing and posted them on eBay. 5 different sizes, 5 different listings.

4 out of the 5 had bids. No more than 2 hours after I had listed them I got an e-mail from eBay's Trust & Safety Dept. stating that I was in violation of eBay policy and that all of my listings have been removed....WTF!

I called the customer service line, only to be given the run around. I was told that they cannot give me any specifics as to why I was in violation. They could only tell me that I WAS in violation.

Now, why in the hell can they not tell me what's up. How am I supposed to correct the problem if no one is able to tell me what the problem is?

After some hard thought about what I may have violated, I went back on to My eBay, and tried to put them back up, only to be told that I have to take some ridiculous tutorial about policy violation.

So, I took their tutorial, redid the listing, took different photo's, redid the title and description, and relisted them.

4 hours goes by. I have bids on all 5 listings. I go to bed at 10pm. I get up this morning to the same frickin' e-mail!

They removed them AGAIN!

By now I am P*SSED OFF! I get back on the phone with Customer Care. They again tell me that they cannot tell me specifically what I was in violation of. I feel for the poor little girl I was screaming at, but I was not getting any answers and she refused to transfer me to someone who could assist me better.

Getting nowhere with this bimbo, I tried to call a 3rd time to try and get answers. Same story, except this time I was told to e-mail the Trust & Safety Dept. So, I did. I explained everything that was going on, my concerns, my 3 calls to customer care, etc.

Now I have to sit and wait to hear from them........

Why is it that they cannot tell me what I violated? Now my account is suspended & it isn't just 2 violations for 2 sets of listings. It's 10 violations! 1 violation per listing!

ARRRGGGGGG!! I am frustrated!!! Anyone have some advise on what I should do? Sorry about the tirade!

mvandor
04-28-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't know why they have to go and mess up a good thing. I have read all of your posts on here about how bad the recent changes to eBay have made them. Now I am a victim, and I need to vent it off.

So, like most Bears collectors, I was hoping to cash in on our newest 'Dream Man', Jay Cutler.

A few weeks ago I got in touch with my connection at Reebok and asked them to make up 40 Authentic On-Field Cutler jerseys for me. I forked out the cash, up front, and all was good.

They arrived in the mail yesterday, exactly as I ordered, so I took some snapshots, wrote up a listing and posted them on eBay. 5 different sizes, 5 different listings.

4 out of the 5 had bids. No more than 2 hours after I had listed them I got an e-mail from eBay's Trust & Safety Dept. stating that I was in violation of eBay policy and that all of my listings have been removed....WTF!

I called the customer service line, only to be given the run around. I was told that they cannot give me any specifics as to why I was in violation. They could only tell me that I WAS in violation.

Now, why in the hell can they not tell me what's up. How am I supposed to correct the problem if no one is able to tell me what the problem is?

After some hard thought about what I may have violated, I went back on to My eBay, and tried to put them back up, only to be told that I have to take some ridiculous tutorial about policy violation.

So, I took their tutorial, redid the listing, took different photo's, redid the title and description, and relisted them.

4 hours goes by. I have bids on all 5 listings. I go to bed at 10pm. I get up this morning to the same frickin' e-mail!

They removed them AGAIN!

By now I am P*SSED OFF! I get back on the phone with Customer Care. They again tell me that they cannot tell me specifically what I was in violation of. I feel for the poor little girl I was screaming at, but I was not getting any answers and she refused to transfer me to someone who could assist me better.

Getting nowhere with this bimbo, I tried to call a 3rd time to try and get answers. Same story, except this time I was told to e-mail the Trust & Safety Dept. So, I did. I explained everything that was going on, my concerns, my 3 calls to customer care, etc.

Now I have to sit and wait to hear from them........

Why is it that they cannot tell me what I violated? Now my account is suspended & it isn't just 2 violations for 2 sets of listings. It's 10 violations! 1 violation per listing!

ARRRGGGGGG!! I am frustrated!!! Anyone have some advise on what I should do? Sorry about the tirade!

Ebay is essentially a monopoly and they act like it. It is ludicrous they can't tell you what's wrong and what you need to do to correct it.

MiLe HigH
04-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I got SERVED recently too..I deal in vitage skateboards to facilitate my Game Used addiction. I HAD a perfect 100% feedback since '98. The other day i sold to a guy who paid right away. So i sent it out the next day. Two weeks later no feedback. Then out nowhere i have a negitive feedback and paypal coming after me. So i lose the skateboard.$200.00
lose with Paypal 200.00 and get a negitve feedback THAT I CANT RESPOND TO. Buyer did not want confirmation and insurance so I pay.
Lesson Learned....Tried to call Ebay for REASONING, and i must have got the same "Bimbo" triple XXX got.....I"m done with them.. they dont care if you were there sice 98 or 2008..Burn Ebay Burn:mad:

ndevlin
04-28-2009, 11:35 AM
What area did you post these auctions in?

suicide_squeeze
04-28-2009, 12:33 PM
God......I can just feel my blood pressure rising as I read these posts.

This is exactly why I won't sell on ebay anymore.....EVER.

Triple xXx....

Can you please post your listing verbage right here for us? I'll bet I could tell you in short order what your "violation" was, as this happened to me.

It could be something with you mentioning paypal and how the charge for it is handled...It could be about you commenting on another company....

I have had the same thing happen to me, when all I was doing was absolute full disclosure on how I was trying to raise money which was why I was selling the item......and I stated that using paypal was counter-productive to my effort. BUT....I said....."If you want to use paypal, I will aloow it for the extra security it gives you buyers...but you will have to pay their fee they charge me".

IIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! WRONG!....says ebay!

I was in "violation", as it turned out, of dodging selling fees....and they shut my auction down. EVEN as I fully disclosed that I was only selling the item to raise money, and I only wanted a check, money order, or cashier's check.

I hate ebay.

I hate the gen "X'ers" and Gen "Y'ers" that run the place.

They are clueless.....ignorant.....without business sense, and completely void of the ability to reason.

Post your verbage....let me see if I can help you out.

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 12:58 PM
What area did you post these auctions in?

Listed in category: Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop (http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/category64482/index.html?from=R11) > Fan Apparel & Souvenirs (http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/category24409/index.html?from=R11) > Football-NFL (http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/category24475/index.html?from=R11) > Chicago Bears (http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/category24482/index.html?from=R11) > Jerseys (http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/category24951/index.html?from=R11)

camarokids
04-28-2009, 01:00 PM
In retail, it is a violation of law to charge a fee to a customer who uses a credit card. I am not sure how gas companies get away with it????

I know it is a violation of ebay policies to charge a fee to a bidder for using paypal.

I prefer paypal. The fee is not that bad. Always ship delivery confirmation and you are protected. On a expensive item, I would pay insurance or require the buyer to pay the insurance.

Or if the item is really special ship Registered Mail. It is the safest way to ship anything. Every postal employee that touches your item has to sign for it. Plus the addressee has to sign for it.

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 01:00 PM

Triple xXx....

Can you please post your listing verbage right here for us?

CHICAGO BEARS REEBOK AUTHENTIC ON-FIELD JAY CUTLER JERSEY

BRAND NEW FOR THE 2009 SEASON!!

Be the first to own an Authentic REEBOK Jay Cutler Jersey.

These are BRAND NEW, w/ tags.

The jersey is constructed of heavy weight BLACK polyester with spandex trim.

All the letters, numbers, & logos are stitched.

The sleeves are custom cut, w/ spandex sides.

These jerseys are made exactly like the players wear on the field.

We have these jerseys in hand. NO WAITING! READY TO SHIP TODAY!

SIZES 48(M) - 56(XXXL) AVAILABLE!

We ordered a very small quantity of these, and once they are gone - THEY'RE GONE!

Please be sure to ask if you have any questions

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Another thing that gets me is I have Matt Forte jerseys listed with those EXACT SAME WORDS!!

The only difference is I changed MATT FORTE to JAY CUTLER, and obviously the pics.

Same jersey, same color, same tags, same Reebok Hologram, same vendor, SAME LISTING!!

Check it out for yourself. Do an eBay search for 'Chicago Bears Matt Forte Jersey.' You'll find 'em.

Those are still up with no problems. Why am I not in violation with the Matt Forte jerseys if it is the EXACT SAME!? I just don't get it!!!!

earlywynnfan
04-28-2009, 01:12 PM

Triple xXx....

Can you please post your listing verbage right here for us? I'll bet I could tell you in short order what your "violation" was, as this happened to me.

It could be something with you mentioning paypal and how the charge for it is handled...It could be about you commenting on another company....

I have had the same thing happen to me, when all I was doing was absolute full disclosure on how I was trying to raise money which was why I was selling the item......and I stated that using paypal was counter-productive to my effort. BUT....I said....."If you want to use paypal, I will aloow it for the extra security it gives you buyers...but you will have to pay their fee they charge me".

IIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! WRONG!....says ebay!

I was in "violation", as it turned out, of dodging selling fees....and they shut my auction down. EVEN as I fully disclosed that I was only selling the item to raise money, and I only wanted a check, money order, or cashier's check.

I hate ebay.

I hate the gen "X'ers" and Gen "Y'ers" that run the place.

They are clueless.....ignorant.....without business sense, and completely void of the ability to reason.

I'm confused by your post: I agree that ebay is getting very "seller-unfriendly," but ebay rules are VERY clear that you cannot make buyers pay any of your selling fees. Didn't you know that going in? If I put a sign in my store saying "no shirt, no shoes, no service," and you walk in barefoot, would I really be out of line asking you to leave?

Also, you said twice that you were "only selling the item to raise money," as if ebay should've allowed you to break their rules (and cost them money, they aren't a charity, last I looked) so you can fulfill your wish to raise money. Why else would you be selling on ebay, other than to raise money?? Am I missing something?

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I will even throw in my buyer terms and conditions.......

PAYMENTS:
Ø PLEASE SEE LISTING DETAILS FOR ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS
Ø All payments must be made within 7 days from the end of the listing.
Ø If your payment is not received in 7 days we will open a UNPAID ITEM STRIKE against you, and report you to eBay IMMEDIATELY.

SHIPPING & HANDLING:
Ø All postage costs will be calculated based on your zip code.
Ø We charge $1.00 handling fee for up to 2 lbs. and .75c for each additional lb.
Ø International fees are doubled.
ØInsurance is optional, but recommended.
Ø WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR DAMAGED ITEMS IF YOU CHOSE NOT TO INSURE YOUR ITEM.

RETURN POLICY:
Ø We offer a no hassle, no questions asked, money back guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not 100% satisfied with your item, you may return it for up to 7 days. Simply e-mail us and let us know that you will be returning your item. Please be sure to include the item number from the listing. Once the item arrives back to us in its original condition, we will then contact you in regards to your refund.

BIDDING POLICY:
Ø If you cannot accept our terms & conditions – DO NOT BID!
Ø If you have a feedback rating of 5 or less, OR, you have a feedback score of 95% or less, you must contact us before you bid.
Ø If you do not contact us first, your bids will be removed & you will be blocked from our auctions.
Ø If you have 2 UNPAID ITEM STRIKES in the past 12 months, you will be blocked from our auctions.
ØIf you have had 4 or more POLICY VIOLATIONS in the past 6 months, you will be blocked from our auctions.

FEEDBACK POLICY:
Ø If you have any problems, what so ever with your item, please contact us before you post feedback. We are here to work with you and your satisfaction is our guarantee.
Ø Once you have posted feedback for us, we will kindly do so for you.

I generally offer free Priority Shipping with delivery confirmation. Express is available at the buyers expense. I have no hidden fees, or anything else of that nature. This is the same wording that I have used on all my listings since day one.

This is pure BULLSHIT they are pulling!

helmets
04-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Trust and Safety handles items that are not licensed. The NFL has people watching ebay as do other companies such as Coach, Harley Davidson, Monster, RockStar, etc. If you are selling any items that even look like they are not licensed, they whack the listing. If you relist the items, they suspend your account. If you have other accounts under the same household, - like your wife's account, they suspend those too.

Obviously Reebok has not released that jersey to the small dealers for the public yet. It has probably for sale through NFL.com as well as the Bears pro shop, so when you listed them, WHACK, they know or assume that they are pirated - unlicensed and that you applied the numbers, etc yourself. That is why the Forte did not get whacked. Same thing if you were to list Stafford Detroit jerseys.

Now your account is red flagged, and once you are reinstated, if you stray from the straight and narrow path - WHAM - you are gone.

Speaking from experience. I feel for you with the money that is out there on your jerseys. Wait a couple months, and after you can buy them in every Foot Locker in the Country, then you can relist and get rid of them. You won't make a fortune on them like you could now, but you will eventually get rid of them.

earlywynnfan
04-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Maybe they don't like that you charge a "handling fee"?? I don't know, I've never added one. Other than that, I really can't find anything that jumps out.

I had a bunch of mine cancelled once, I was selling a pile of signed Negro League baseballs, and I had put at the bottom "I'm always looking to buy or trade for players I do not have." They took that as some sort of scam to get around paying, so they cancelled me. It stunk, but they told me exactly what was wrong and I had no problems posting again with that sentence removed.

I'm sure you've made mistakes before, but to not tell you what the mistake was is terrible!!

Ken

earlywynnfan
04-28-2009, 01:35 PM
I see that Helmets replied same time as me, he makes sense.

Ken

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 01:38 PM
....and I must say to the moderators;

I AM IN NO WAY OFFERING THESE ITEMS FOR SALE TO FORUM MEMBERS.
I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THAT THESE ITEMS ARE FOR SALE.
I AM IN NO WAY LOOKING TO GAIN RECOGNITION FOR ANY OF MY LISTINGS AT ANY AUCTION INSTITUTE.
I AM IN NO WAY DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION OTHER THAN WHAT IS RELEVANT TO THIS TOPIC.

I AM ONLY POSTING MY VERBAGE FOR REFERENCE TO MY ORIGINAL POST WHICH IS WHY I AM BEING SUSPENDED & VIOLATING EBAY POLICIES.

FORUM MEMBERS HAD QUESTIONED MY WORDING SO I POSTED IT VERBATUM TO GAIN AN OPINION.

THAT IS ALL.

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Trust and Safety handles items that are not licensed. The NFL has people watching ebay as do other companies such as Coach, Harley Davidson, Monster, RockStar, etc. If you are selling any items that even look like they are not licensed, they whack the listing. If you relist the items, they suspend your account. If you have other accounts under the same household, - like your wife's account, they suspend those too.

Obviously Reebok has not released that jersey to the small dealers for the public yet. It has probably for sale through NFL.com as well as the Bears pro shop, so when you listed them, WHACK, they know or assume that they are pirated - unlicensed and that you applied the numbers, etc yourself. That is why the Forte did not get whacked. Same thing if you were to list Stafford Detroit jerseys.

Now your account is red flagged, and once you are reinstated, if you stray from the straight and narrow path - WHAM - you are gone.

Speaking from experience. I feel for you with the money that is out there on your jerseys. Wait a couple months, and after you can buy them in every Foot Locker in the Country, then you can relist and get rid of them. You won't make a fortune on them like you could now, but you will eventually get rid of them.

But these are not 'PIRATED' & I did not do anything to them. These are shipped to me directly from Reebok, as per my order.

I have the receipt from Reebok. Every one of these jerseys has the Officially liscensed holograms. Every one of these jerseys has the original Reebok retail tags, etc.

I mean, WTF? why would Reebok accept my order, make the jerseys, ship them, etc. if they are not allowed for resale?

sammy
04-28-2009, 01:47 PM
I personally do not give any buyers the option to purchase insurance. I charge enough in shipping to cover insurance and the requirement of a signature for delivery.

Even if it is less then a hundred, I get a signature and tracking every time.

If what I charge doesn't cover it, I pay the extra.

Spending a few extra dollars is better then getting ripped off for the item, for the money, and a negative.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the way eBay operates now, I gave up caring last year when I was ridiculed for promoting the worldwide boycott, in regard to the announced rules changes that a lot of people complain about now.

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 01:48 PM
.....took that as some sort of scam to get around paying, so they cancelled me. It stunk, but they told me exactly what was wrong and I had no problems posting again with that sentence removed.

I'm sure you've made mistakes before, but to not tell you what the mistake was is terrible!!

Ken

I would like to know what makes this instance so significant that they cannot tell me what I violated.

If they had a problem with me adding shipping & handling charges, then they would have a section in your listing where you can add those charges. I don't think that is why....

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Obviously Reebok has not released that jersey to the small dealers for the public yet.

By no means am I a 'DEALER.' I'm just a smuck with a big pocket and good contacts....:D

ndevlin
04-28-2009, 02:18 PM
By no means am I a 'DEALER.' I'm just a smuck with a big pocket and good contacts....:D

What? Didnt you buy 40 jerseys for resale, to make profit? Isnt that a dealer?

Either way, people complain about Ebay all the time. The fees suck, the policies arent all that great, and the search engine blows. But I think all of us would agree when I say that we have gotten some pretty sweet deals on Ebay.

Lets bash on it all we want, but Im going to bet you bid on 3 things tonight and list 4 things next week.

You can complain all you want about Ebay. If someone can come up with something better right now, please, enlighten us.

And it sucks the most as a seller I know, but no one is forcing you to sell your item to millions of people in the world. Sheesh, Id say thats better than your neighborhood garage sale.

I know you're pissed about your jerseys, which I understand, but its not Ebay's fault you bought 40 jerseys before you knew how to sell them. Couldnt sell them, and its Ebays fault because you are supposedly breaking rules? Maybe you should have started with buying just 5? I dunno, just a thought.

mdube16
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
I had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago with some Marlins Mitchell and Ness throwback jerseys. They were sold in the Marlins team store when they did a turn back the clock night. I coudnt get an answer as to the problem. I even wrote numerous times with the proof that they were authentic and still nothing. THese were essentially game issued jerseys with the same tagging confirmed with Kyle Hess' Juan Encarnacion jersey from that night but I was warned. Now I have these jerseys (autographed and JSA authenticated) but no way to sell them.

genius
04-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Put them on Craigslist.

helmets
04-28-2009, 02:34 PM

You are not a dealer. That is the point. The jersey's did not get released yet to the smaller dealers, so hence, you are selling a product that the NFL knows to be unlicensed, since they have not been released and the only way to get them is through NFL.com.

suicide_squeeze
04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm confused by your post: I agree that ebay is getting very "seller-unfriendly," but ebay rules are VERY clear that you cannot make buyers pay any of your selling fees. Didn't you know that going in? If I put a sign in my store saying "no shirt, no shoes, no service," and you walk in barefoot, would I really be out of line asking you to leave?

Also, you said twice that you were "only selling the item to raise money," as if ebay should've allowed you to break their rules (and cost them money, they aren't a charity, last I looked) so you can fulfill your wish to raise money. Why else would you be selling on ebay, other than to raise money?? Am I missing something?

Ken

But Ken.......

Yes, I knew their "policy".

But listen.....Who in the f&$k is EBAY to tell a seller who is using their service what to charge for an item?

Don't you see...I was not saying "I am rufusing to pay paypal's fees, so if you want to use their service, YOU pay them!". No...this is very different. Even if the result is the SAME. I don't understand why people can't get the reasoning behind this?

If I clearly state in an auction, "I am selling this (enter for whatever reason, that's not important) and I want payment in the form of a personal check, cashier's check, or money order....", then that's IT!

But then I take it one step further, to try to be a decent and user friendly ebay seller, and I offer up "But if you want to use paypal because of the extra added buyer's protection they offer, then I will accept it. All I ask is that you pay the additional fee incurred, based on the closing auction price."

Now please don't come at me with the obvious.....YES, I know, ebay has a policy that states you can't pass along paypals fees to a buyer.

My argument stands on it's merit. I was not, am not, trying to get the buyer to pay for fees I NORMALLY would have. I already stated, essentially, that this is a NO-PAYPAL auction...BUT, if that's the something you just MUST have, then reimburse me because I AM GOING TO PAY PAYPAL for it.

Don't you see? I am paying paypal. I am PAYING the darn service! I AM....not the buyer......I AM....it is automatically TAKEN from my proceeds when the payer pays for the item!

So why if I make it perfectly clear....now listen Ken.....if I make it perfectly clear this is the CHOICE OF THE BUYER in INSISTING on using PAYPAL on my auction which I STATE I PREFER THEY NOT BE used....that they should pay whatever amount is taken from me (again....I payed for it!) THAT I WAS FORCED TO PAY PAYPAL by offering their service to the buyer.....with his/her understanding that using paypal, which was HIS/HER CHOICE KNOWING THE ADDITIONAL FEES INCURRED BY THE BUYER WILL BE PAID BY THE SELLER, BUT REIMBURSED BY THE BUYER.............will result in this request.

Don't you get it???????

ebay gets their normal part of fee as on any auction...

paypal is not involved when they normally wouldn't have been, so they will get THEIR fees from the seller automatically......

......and HERE is THE RUB.....

AFTER THAT POINT, WHO IN THE HELL IS EBAY TO TELL THE BUYER AND SELLER HOW TO HANDLE THE REST OF THE TRANSACTION? THEY HAVE ALREADY MADE THEIR FEES WHICH IS WHY THEY ARE IN BUSINESS......WHY BE USER UNFRIENDLY IF BOTH SIDES TOTALLY AGREE WITH HOW THE REST OF THE TRANSACTION IS BEING HANDLED???????????

They suck......I hate them......the idiots employed there that make these rules are all imbeciles with no business sense, no ability to reason, and are user-UNFRIENDLY. The only solice I can take from it is that they are losing millions of dollars because guys like me that won't put up with that kind of stupid mentality REFUSE TO USE THEM ANYMORE!

I hope you see it my way......because if you don't, you're wrong.:D

suicide_squeeze
04-28-2009, 02:58 PM

There's your answer Triple xXx......

Maybe you should have flew a little under the radar and not come out with such an ilicit auction.....but I feel your pain. You try to jump in the mix, and make a buck, and they are there to shut you down. It's a harsh reality.......but this is over and above ebay's rules.

In this particular case, I'm not sure it's an ebay "policy" thing you're breaking.....it's a policy they have to adhere to for THEM to stay in business.....not necessarilly a "rule" they made up that you are breaking.

Vintagedeputy
04-28-2009, 03:08 PM
I will even throw in my buyer terms and conditions.......

PAYMENTS:
Ø PLEASE SEE LISTING DETAILS FOR ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS
Ø All payments must be made within 7 days from the end of the listing.
Ø If your payment is not received in 7 days we will open a UNPAID ITEM STRIKE against you, and report you to eBay IMMEDIATELY.

SHIPPING & HANDLING:
Ø All postage costs will be calculated based on your zip code.
Ø We charge $1.00 handling fee for up to 2 lbs. and .75c for each additional lb.
Ø International fees are doubled.
ØInsurance is optional, but recommended.
Ø WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR DAMAGED ITEMS IF YOU CHOSE NOT TO INSURE YOUR ITEM.

RETURN POLICY:
Ø We offer a no hassle, no questions asked, money back guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not 100% satisfied with your item, you may return it for up to 7 days. Simply e-mail us and let us know that you will be returning your item. Please be sure to include the item number from the listing. Once the item arrives back to us in its original condition, we will then contact you in regards to your refund.

BIDDING POLICY:
Ø If you cannot accept our terms & conditions – DO NOT BID!
Ø If you have a feedback rating of 5 or less, OR, you have a feedback score of 95% or less, you must contact us before you bid.
Ø If you do not contact us first, your bids will be removed & you will be blocked from our auctions.
Ø If you have 2 UNPAID ITEM STRIKES in the past 12 months, you will be blocked from our auctions.
ØIf you have had 4 or more POLICY VIOLATIONS in the past 6 months, you will be blocked from our auctions.

FEEDBACK POLICY:
Ø If you have any problems, what so ever with your item, please contact us before you post feedback. We are here to work with you and your satisfaction is our guarantee.
Ø Once you have posted feedback for us, we will kindly do so for you.

I generally offer free Priority Shipping with delivery confirmation. Express is available at the buyers expense. I have no hidden fees, or anything else of that nature. This is the same wording that I have used on all my listings since day one.

This is pure BULLSHIT they are pulling!

By the time that I finished reading all of your terms and conditions, I'd have forgotten what it was I was bidding on, and the auction would have ended. What a buzz killer, man.

suicide_squeeze
04-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Triple xXx,

That tutorial they had you painfully go through? What did it cover?

After reviewing your shipping fees, I see you may have a type of "open-ended" shipping charge based on weight.

I have no idea, but could this be the policy buster? You have a set charge for a 2-lb. box, but then charge .75 for every pound incriment increase.

Maybe they feel you might be using cinder blocks as shipping peanuts to jack up the money you're making on shipping??:rolleyes:

BULBUS
04-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I know you don't state this in your auction, but sellers are no longer allowed to accept checks or money orders as payment, period. That is their policy and as I found out the hard way (canceled auctions), you can no longer state that you accept these forms of payment. You can only accept Paypal or other approved forms of electonic payment.

Just for those of you who don't know this. Like I said, I found out the hard way.

suicide_squeeze
04-28-2009, 03:19 PM
paypal is not involved when they normally wouldn't have been, so they will get THEIR fees from the seller automatically......

DANG!!......I hate when I do this.....I MADE A TYPO......

See the underlined word "not" should have been "now".......sorry! :o

suicide_squeeze
04-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I know you don't state this in your auction, but sellers are no longer allowed to accept checks or money orders as payment, period. That is their policy and as I found out the hard way (canceled auctions), you can no longer state that you accept these forms of payment. You can only accept Paypal or other approved forms of electonic payment.

Just for those of you who don't know this. Like I said, I found out the hard way.

Are you SERIOUS BULBUS?

That, folks, is proof positive that I haven't used them in a long while.

Thanks, BULBUS, I was completely unaware of that.

Now I hate em even more.......:mad:

jonincleve
04-28-2009, 03:24 PM
unless you paid any money to the NFL for licensing, i would say that was the problem. even though you bought them from reebok the NFL has not received their check yet from reebok.

if you want to shoot me a private email i have a couple of phone numbers i can relay to you. from work i have an ebay account rep that handles our business account. as larry the cable guys says "we've gone aluminum"

take care
john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net

jbcindc
04-28-2009, 04:30 PM
unless you paid any money to the NFL for licensing, i would say that was the problem. even though you bought them from reebok the NFL has not received their check yet from reebok.

if you want to shoot me a private email i have a couple of phone numbers i can relay to you. from work i have an ebay account rep that handles our business account. as larry the cable guys says "we've gone aluminum"

take care
john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net

John's right. For the NFL it becomes an intellectual property rights (IPR) issue. You had the jerseys made by Reebok the NFL did not and they and the teams own the copyrights and trademarks that are used.. Because the NFL didn't commission the production of the jerseys they will call them counterfeit or black market. By legal definition they are counterfeit.

If/when the NFL commissions jerseys made to the same specifications as those you're selling, it becomes virtually impossible to discern them from the NFL-commissioned jerseys. Your jerseys would then fall into a category called gray market goods; made by the company licensed to manufacture for the NFL, but never delivered to the NFL. Then you could sell them on e-bay. This happens a lot with apparel in Asia. A company will order 20,000 pair of running shoes and the company will manufacture 25,000 of them. They deliver the 20,000 that were ordered and sell the others on the local market for far less.

About three-four years ago there was a guy selling "game jerseys" on e-bay that were well made counterfeits out of South Korea, I think. I believe that I heard he sold more than 40,000 before his jerseys and user name disappeared from e-bay.

All that said, at the end of today's IPR lesson, I've been on e-bay for over 10 years and have many of the same complaints as everyone else. While I'm mostly a buyer there is very little that protects the seller.

The Favre jersey from Triplexxxsports currently listed on e-bay looks great. I may bid.

Jason

TriplexXxSports
04-28-2009, 05:57 PM
If it is not licensed then how can Reebok do this? Here's the tag.

Lokee
04-28-2009, 10:43 PM
In the original email it would say whay the items where taken down it will look like this...

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item

What did yours say ?

Also could you copy the message ebay sent you...minus any personal info...that way we can see whay it was taken down.

Sometimes fellow ebayers will turn you in if you copy there description. The description you typed out in your previous posts looks very similiar to other sellers seller the Cutler jersey's (so if you have a copyright violation that is probaby why). If you search ebay there is 42 Cutler Bears items including plenty of Jersey's so there has to be a REASON why yours was singled out.

kudu
04-29-2009, 12:40 AM
If it was a copyright violation, you would have received a VERO notice from Ebay. If your notice was from Ebay Trust & Safety, it was probably due to your shipping and handling fees, and/or notifying buyers that you accept checks/money orders. Ebay has changed many policies over the past couple years. Two of those major changes deal with Paypal(online payment) only for Ebay auctions, and sellers not making any money off of shipping/handling fees. Sucks, but Ebay can do whatever they want to. You might want to try Amazon or Craigslist.

TriplexXxSports
04-29-2009, 06:10 AM
In the original email it would say whay the items where taken down it will look like this...

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item

What did yours say ?

Also could you copy the message ebay sent you...minus any personal info...that way we can see whay it was taken down.

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif Dear triplexxxsports(triplexxxsports@yahoo.com),

You recently listed the following listing:

230339866142 - Chicago Bears Jay Cutler Authentic On-Field Jersey - 48
230339866261 - Chicago Bears Jay Cutler Authentic On-Field Jersey - 50
230339866331 - Chicago Bears Jay Cutler Authentic On-Field Jersey - 52
230339866397 - Chicago Bears Jay Cutler Authentic On-Field Jersey - 54
230339866474 - Chicago Bears Jay Cutler Authentic On-Field Jersey - 56

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorized replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorized by that company, don't sell it on eBay.

It's against the law to sell unauthorized replicas of brand name products. Accordingly, listings for unauthorized replicas are not permitted on eBay.

For more information, please visit the following Help pages:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/trademark.html

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/verotutorial/intro.html

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/listing-ended.html

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. We rely on reports from our members to help maintain the safety and security of our Community. We encourage you to report any items by using the REPORT THIS ITEM button on the listing so we can quickly remove any other items that should be removed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H5265

TriplexXxSports
04-29-2009, 06:32 AM
I should just list them as 'Jay Cutler Jerseys' and describe them with 1 picture, and 'you are bidding on a Jay Cutler Jersey. PAYPAL ONLY. Please ask questions'

No mention of Reebok, or any other significant name. Let the buyer decide what the jersey is based on the 1 picture....:D

I still haven't received a reply from eBay. No surprise there! I'm calling again this morning..

I'll keep everyone updated.

Thanks for all you comments and suggestions!

allstarsplus
04-29-2009, 07:19 AM
I haven't posted yet and will give my opinion that you are the victim of the big problem on eBay of counterfeits with Trademarked items.

Reebok.

I know a guy that does a big business in signed hockey jerseys and he finds the Reebok Ovechkin jerseys on eBay all the time with tags and fighting straps in size 48 to 52.

If you check completed auctions for these you will see some selling for over $100 and some less than $100. This guy concentrates on out of the country sellers for under $100.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/items/__ovechkin-reebok_W0QQLHQ5fCompleteZ1QQ_dmptZUSQ5fSMQ5fFanQ5f ShopQQ_flnZ1QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em283?MA2ShowIte ms&_rdc=1&guest=1

The guy bought several and showed me the difference between a "Fake" and real. Unreal. The fake ones even had the NHL holograms.

Reebok and the NHL and Reekbok and the NFL are losing tens of $1,000's on these fakes.

eBay's programmers have put in their software programs ways to cut off certain auctions and something in your auction(s) set off their software.

Why don't you try listing 1 at a time and see if that works.

allstarsplus
04-29-2009, 07:28 AM
http://sports-cards.shop.ebay.com/items/Fan-Apparel-Souvenirs__jay-cutler-bears-jersey_W0QQ_catrefZ1QQ_dmptZUSQ5fSMQ5fFanQ5fShopQQ _flnZ1QQ_sacatZ24409QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282

37 Cutler jerseys on eBay right now

bigtime59
04-29-2009, 08:23 AM
As much as eBay drives us all crazy, I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes when it comes to policing all the crap floating around out there.
I recently got dinged for using the words "like new" to describe a lens I was selling. I could understand eBay's not liking that wording...what I couldn't understand is why they didn't give me the opportunity to change the title instead of them pulling the listing and "violating" me.
At this point, I'd be willing to bet that they're filtering listings just like lazy HR departments filter resumes...by keywords.
Now how they didn't catch the very interesting Orioles jerseys that just popped up today, I don't know! (Seller is in PA, but these "Majestic Authentics" are knit, use the wrong font for "Orioles", yet have all the correct patches...the Majestic jock tag is too high, though, which is always a good sign of a bad jersey.)

TriplexXxSports
04-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Well I finally got somewhere on the phone with a rep. Here's what I was told.

It is not the fact that I am in violation of counterfeit items. The jersey that I had ordered from Reebok are 100% authentic, w/ holograms, but they are a variation of the 'Shadow' jersey that have not been released yet. Reebok is still in the process of filling that order.

The reason that you are seeing Cutler jerseys on eBay right now is because they are the blue, white, and orange versions. That order has been filled by Reebok and given to the NFL for resale. That is how these sellers are getting away with underselling the NFL shop. It is impossible for eBay to distinguish the good and the bad between these 3 because they have been released already, and there is no way to prove where these sellers got them from. Mine have not been released. VeRO!!!!!

I think Suicide said it, but I should have flown under the radar a little bit. The rep said that I need to sit on these for a couple of weeks, and relist them with a 'vaguer' description. He also said that using the words 'Authentic' & 'Reebok' along with 'Bears' & 'Cutler' are what set off the alarms. The red flag came up, they saw the black jerseys in the listing and pulled the plug! Andy you were dead on when you spoke about key words setting off a red flag in the system. Like Bourne Ultimatium when the reporter said 'Black Briar' over the cell phone, then had the CIA all over his ass.

Helmets (I think) made a good point as well. Although I would be making a killing be the first to sell the Black Edition jerseys, its better to fly on the straight a narrow, wait it out, and take the small loss. They will still sell and I have plenty of time before preseason.

So here's my next question. If Reebok is still filling the order for the Shadow jerseys to give the NFL, why was I able to make an order, for customized jerseys at that, and receive my jerseys before they are released? Shouldn't they be filling the major orders first? I guess I should be happy that I got mine already and I'm ready to attack the market. Its my own dumb ass for not doing more research before I posted them.

2000mvpfan
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
TripleX-
Had the same thing happen to me a month ago.Tried selling 3 authentic Mitchell & Ness and 2 Majestic jerseys-bang:shut down for "copyright infringement".Meanwhile,the sweatshop jerseys with fake manufacturer tags don't get shut down-how are they not infringing by selling an obviously fake jersey with obviously fake tags?Anyway,I relisted without company names but kept in the tag pics so people could see they were real and they were allowed to stay up.
Anyway,eBay sucks.

Good Luck,
Joe

suicide_squeeze
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
TripleX-
Had the same thing happen to me a month ago.Tried selling 3 authentic Mitchell & Ness and 2 Majestic jerseys-bang:shut down for "copyright infringement".Meanwhile,the sweatshop jerseys with fake manufacturer tags don't get shut down-how are they not infringing by selling an obviously fake jersey with obviously fake tags?Anyway,I relisted without company names but kept in the tag pics so people could see they were real and they were allowed to stay up.
Anyway,eBay sucks.

Good Luck,
Joe

Geezuz K-RYST......you need to be fricken COPYRIGHT lawyer to sell on ebay anymore.....what a disgrace. What overkill.

And what a freakin JOKE our country has become.

Honest guys like Matt at Triple xXx try to be open, forthright, and honest in their listing, and because of it he gets a cattle-prod lodged up his whoseyerdaddy and shut down. SHAME on you Matt! How DARE you try to be American and amake a buck? Don't you know that's for the Koreans who are shipping out black-market forgeries? What the hell is wrong with you!??

Hey, Andrew....If we've determined that the phonies that are stealing from us Americans is in fact coming from Korea.....that's not to far from Iraq. I believe our fly boys can "gas up" and drop a few hay-makers over there and make this right awfully quick......;)

Oh yeah..........did I mention I HATE the holy BEGEEZUZ out of ebay??

ndevlin
04-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Saying that Ebay sucks....it blows.....etc etc....

Is it safe to say some of you guys saying this will never be using Ebay ever again in the future?

dcrules01
04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I will get slammed for this by you TripleXXX but the Forte jerseys you have listed are fakes.Look at the placement of the jock tag that says everything about the jersey. Also I was not aware that the Chicago Bears had a retail authentic in all black and my information is very updated.If the Cutler jersey has the same placement of the jock tag the jerseys should have been pulled.I am not sure who your contact with Reebok is or if you deal with an in between guy but someone is taking you.Reebok and the NFL have become very strict in there policies.Your Forte jersey is being advertised as an authentic when it is no more than a fashion jersey..As for Cutler not being available for purchase you can order any Cutler jersey of any legit website..Here is a legit blank from the NFL shop look at the placement of the jocktag and here is a picture of your Forte and if I am guessing right you all black Cutler is no different.
http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1368852dt.jpghttp://i13.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/45/68/8543_12.JPG

TriplexXxSports
04-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Its the way the jersey is laid out and photo'd. They are the same. I assure you.

34swtns
04-29-2009, 08:44 PM
I feel for you Matt. The ebay offices are certainly overrun with people sorely in need of a good asswhippin'.

And if I hear one more ebay "cheerleader" chime in on this thread there might be a hostage situation. :rolleyes:

You're not on their payroll.....they couldn't give a crap if you live or die.....don't bother defending them.

suicide_squeeze
04-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Saying that Ebay sucks....it blows.....etc etc....

Is it safe to say some of you guys saying this will never be using Ebay ever again in the future?

Nate,

I use them to buy Dodger tickets on occasion, and a few other items now and then.

But that's the point. I use them to buy. Selling has too many issues that come along along with it, like having your paypal account frozen when some other moron posts a 100% totally bogus claim against you. But we all hit on that on another thread.

It's just not worth it to me to list on their anymore. The aggravation and one-sided (and unfair) mentality that runs the show there has gotten completely out of control. But that's me. If you find it works for you, go at it, good luck and I wish you all the success in the world. And, I suppose some day I will use them to sell again. Once.

TriplexXxSports
04-30-2009, 06:07 AM
I feel for you Matt. The ebay offices are certainly overrun with people sorely in need of a good asswhippin'.

And if I hear one more ebay "cheerleader" chime in on this thread there might be a hostage situation. :rolleyes:

You're not on their payroll.....they couldn't give a crap if you live or die.....don't bother defending them.

I was once told by a great ol' wise one - 'BUT SOMETIMES eBay IS A NECESSARY EVIL'. ;)

MikeM
05-14-2009, 01:20 PM
TripleX-
Anyway,eBay sucks.

Good Luck,
Joe
Same thing happened to me too.

I bought a bunch of Mitchell & Ness jerseys on eBay a few years back and all are legit. One in particular was a Robin Yount M&N jersey that was simply too big for me. So I end up putting the very same jersey I bought on eBay, right back on eBay with the same listing....and it gets removed for a copyright violation.

Makes no sense.

So I have a jersey I bought on eBay, that I can't sell on eBay. :confused:

There are so many fake Mitchell & Ness jerseys on eBay that are so bad it's unreal that they allowed to be listed. I'm an A's fan, and just look for the "A's" logo on the front. The overseas sweatshop usually makes the apostrophe BACKWARDS which is laughable. Check this one for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130306490698

Not only is the apostrophe backwards, but it's a jersey Mitchell & Ness couldn't have ever made (black??).

But these are allowed, WHY?
Because they never say "Mitchell & Ness". They usually get around it by showing the picture far away, (no close up of the tag), and then they say "Cooperstown Collection" or something but NOT "Mitchell & Ness" or "M&N". Both are flagged terms.

Thus, for your Cutler jersey, you can probably get around it by having your ad simply state that it's a Limited run Jay Cutler Jersey. That's it. No mention of the NFL, no mention of Reebok, no mention of the Chicago Bears. It might work, but then again eBay is so messed up that it's impossible to tell what gets through their screening process and what doesn't.

And when/if it does get yanked, you're screwed and can't do anything about it...welcome to the new eBay. Sucks.

Capital-Sports
05-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Im on vacation in South Korea (have been for the past month) and I went to Osan market, and man do they have A TON of fake baseball and football jerseys for sale there! Plus and Amry and AF base is located right near there so im sure troops are taking them back to the states to sell or sending them back. Good money to be made if you want to sell fake jerseys.......BTW the Army and AF has nothing on the MARINES! haha