PDA

View Full Version : Removing Signature from a baseball

Sheffield11
04-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I just picked up a dual signed baseball and didnt want the one signature, Any ideas how to safely remove it?

kylehess10
04-29-2009, 02:14 AM
I heard that the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works good but if you're dealing with a really expensive baseball then I'd send it to a professional. There are companies out there that remove it without it ever looking like it was there.....but the only problem though is that they're not cheap.

dirtyla2000
04-29-2009, 03:17 AM
signedbaseballmagic.com,they made my 1938 Yankees team signed ball into a sweet spot Gehrig baseball,and you cant tell ,amazing!

Sheffield11
04-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Its not a super expensive ball, has anyone ever used the mr. clean? Does it leave any kind of marks or anything? And which side should be used?

godwulf
04-29-2009, 11:00 AM
signedbaseballmagic.com,they made my 1938 Yankees team signed ball into a sweet spot Gehrig baseball,and you cant tell ,amazing!

Are you serious?

ndevlin
04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Ive used mr. clean on old bats that have some unwanted writing and you have to be very gentle. Even then, its wears a little on a bat. I bet it really does a number on a ball. Id definitely test it on a different ball first and see how it works.

Id personally not do it.

AWA85
04-29-2009, 01:12 PM

:eek:

Capital-Sports
04-29-2009, 02:52 PM
They have been around for a few years. Its good for single signed baseball collectors. PSA/DNA, JSA, and Richard Simon that I know of will disclose the fact that the baseball has had signatures removed. If you look at the baseball under a black light is shows where the "chemicals" were used to remove the other signatures, but you cant notice upon regular inspection. But when the ball is gettin authenticated, the top 2 authentication companies note this, as single signed baseballs of some of the past stars go for records amounts to compared to multi signed baseballs.

Capital-Sports
04-29-2009, 02:53 PM
And dirtyla2000 , I wouldv'e just kept that 1938 Yankees team signed ball with all the signatures!!!! I know Gehrig single signed baseballs are rare, but man.......All comes down to personal preference

ndevlin
04-29-2009, 04:12 PM
And dirtyla2000 , I wouldv'e just kept that 1938 Yankees team signed ball with all the signatures!!!! I know Gehrig single signed baseballs are rare, but man.......All comes down to personal preference

I thought the same thing.

chakes89
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
I have heard that Packing Tape will work

David
04-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Duly note that it can be identified that signatures were removed from a ball, so don't expect removed signatures to remain a secret.

xpress34
04-29-2009, 11:51 PM
:eek: Not trying to start an argument here, but isn't this the same thing as doctoring a jersey or a bat?

Especially if you are trying to make a multi signed ball into a single signed ball that may have more value.

I have seen guys do this with bats as well - in St Louis about 15 years or so ago (when my parents were living there) I was visiting and I attended a Tri-State show with Yogi Berra, Dale Berra, Stan Musial, etc.

Yogi would not sign any bats that were not signed by Dale 1st, so guys would go get Dale, go get Yogi on the Label side of the bat and then go immediately back to their table, grab the nail polish remover and wipe off Dale's auto before the sharpie dried so they didn't damage the bat's finish.

Just my .02 - but for the sake of the thread, YES - Mr Clean 'Magic Eraser' will remove autos - a friend of mine did it a few times when he got some balls signed then decided the guys were busts but he didn't want to buy new balls - he would Magic Erase the Sweet Spot clean and have it re-signed.

- Chris

dirtyla2000
04-30-2009, 11:36 PM
no its not because it isnt a secret,the other sigs will be revealed under that magic light.I wont pay 30,000.00 and up for a GEHRIG single signed ball!The added bonus is that I know it to be 100% real because it was signed by 18 other guys! I love my baseball!

dodgersfan
05-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Would you please post some pics of your ball,I would love to see how the ball looks.

Thanks,

Rudy

no its not because it isnt a secret,the other sigs will be revealed under that magic light.I wont pay 30,000.00 and up for a GEHRIG single signed ball!The added bonus is that I know it to be 100% real because it was signed by 18 other guys! I love my baseball!

dodgersfan
05-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Dirty,can we please get some pics of the ball?
I would love to see how it came out,thanks alot.
Iam pretty sure other members would like to see how it came out also.
(2nd request)

Rudy

sportscentury
06-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Dirty,can we please get some pics of the ball?
I would love to see how it came out,thanks alot.
Iam pretty sure other members would like to see how it came out also.
(2nd request)

Rudy

I'd like to see pics of the baseball, too. Dirty, would you please post some?

dirtyla2000
06-11-2009, 03:52 AM
I'd like to see pics of the baseball, too. Dirty, would you please post some?
cool,I will post tomorrow guys!

dirtyla2000
06-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Sorry that the pics came out fuzzy, horrible at photography. Ball is clean as a whistle

dirtyla2000
06-11-2009, 07:58 PM
wow they came out worse than I thought! sorry!

sportscentury
06-11-2009, 11:34 PM
wow they came out worse than I thought! sorry!

Wow, that process worked a little too well ... it removed all of the signatures!
:)

dirtyla2000
06-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Wow, that process worked a little too well ... it removed all of the signatures!
:)

the Gehrig sig was a 7 and it remained in tact the rest of the 22 sigs are gone without a trace and the ball is offwhite with bold stampings. I went to the trouble of taking the pics to help out a fellow member.thanks though for wiseass remark.

sportscentury
06-12-2009, 01:13 AM
the Gehrig sig was a 7 and it remained in tact the rest of the 22 sigs are gone without a trace and the ball is offwhite with bold stampings. I went to the trouble of taking the pics to help out a fellow member.thanks though for wiseass remark.

Dirty, did you forget to take your meds again?

It was just a joke ... geez.

dirtyla2000
06-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Dirty, did you forget to take your meds again?

It was just a joke ... geez.
I m waiting to refill my prescription,the ball is great though and I do recommend signed baseball magic! if I find a team signed ball with Mel Ott on it I will do it again,like Gehrig his single signed are way expensive! off to the drug store I go!

sportscentury
06-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I m waiting to refill my prescription,the ball is great though and I do recommend signed baseball magic! if I find a team signed ball with Mel Ott on it I will do it again,like Gehrig his single signed are way expensive! off to the drug store I go!

I'm glad you're happy with the ball, and thanks for trying with the photos.