PDA

View Full Version : Rangers game used bats question

cjclong
04-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know why the Rangers stores at the ballpark only sell cracked game used bats? I have been to other ballparks and they sell game used bats from their players that are not broken. Also, you almost never see Rangers players bats on the market. And while the team itself has not been real successful they have had individual players that are very good.

tbone90
04-30-2009, 11:30 AM
There's always a few players that just seem to EAT their bats instead of them getting out to the collector market. And as you mentioned with some Ranger players, Ian Kinsler appears to be one of those guys. I'm sure there is a long list of us GUU members that always have an eye for for a quality gamer from him. Another person would be Nick Markakis. I don't even know the last time was I saw one of his gamers for sale.

Fnazxc0114
04-30-2009, 12:28 PM
you can get all the kinslers you want at the ball park. the hardest part about collecting the rangers is the fact that i have to buy most of my stuff at the park. i have gotten a few things on ebay but they dont happen too often.

cjclong
04-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Fnazxc0114, you and I appear to be among the few interested in the Rangers on this forum. Have you had any success in finding Rangers bats for players like Hamilton, Young, Kinsler, and any really any other Ranger players that were not cracked? They have some bats for the above players at the ballpark, but all are cracked in my experience. I had a good source for bats that were not cracked a while back but that dried up. Have you had any experience getting bats for current Ranger players at the Ballpark that weren't cracked?

Fnazxc0114
04-30-2009, 03:14 PM
all of the uncracked bats i have gotten have been through bph. i havent ever seen any uncracked ones at the park.

worldchamps
04-30-2009, 05:43 PM
The only bats the store ever gets are cracked. Uncracked are either given out by players (very rare) or out the back door by a clubbie.

nationals2k9
05-02-2009, 10:29 AM
The team has stuff, yes, but it's not quite as easy as Josh describes. You've gotta be on top of things and get some folks on your side for help on having early dibs. Kinsler stuff should cool down some and be more available the more seasons he plays. I've had 4 bats, glove, jersey pass through my hands in the last year and I'm just a casual collector. I agree with Markakis though... that pink Mother's Day bat is about the only I've ever seen.

Fnazxc0114
05-02-2009, 01:57 PM
if you go to the ball park it is as easy as i described. if they dont have it out odds are its somewhere and theyll get it for you