PDA

View Full Version : need QUICK opinions

justinlm24
04-29-2009, 05:15 PM
what are some thoughts on this griffey jr bat? I am interested but wanted to hear some thoughts. 2 hours and 45 minutes left.......GO!!!!!!

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail3.aspx?lotid=21052

justinlm24
04-29-2009, 07:34 PM
25 minutes.....NO ONE has any comments on this???

MSpecht
04-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Photos look good---unfortunately there is a lack of info regarding length, weight, etc to allow records comparison. JSA for the signature and PSA/DNA (presumably for the bat) are reliable. Hopefully you already bid once as it is in extended session. Good Luck.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com (jackitout7@aol.com)

suicide_squeeze
04-29-2009, 11:32 PM
2nd home run of WHAT season?

I have seen PLENTY of Ken Griffey Jr. home run bats......I wouldn't pay .05 for this one.

Griffey always puts the "year" (ex. "94", "97") on a bat he inscribes with a home run inscription.

The handle looks like it has black paint on the criss-cross tape....not pine tar.

The criss-cross tape isn't spaced in a nice even pattern, IMO, like Junior does his bats.

Wait for a better one with an inscription you can read.....that's my advice.

suicide_squeeze
04-29-2009, 11:34 PM
.......oh, and pa-LEASE.......

Junior is going to sign and inscribe a black bat with black sharpie???

Really?

REALLY?

What a joke.....

justinlm24
05-01-2009, 07:13 PM
I take it you don't feel this bat is legit?? Well glad I didn't win it then.....Still a nice looking piece weather the signature is legit or not IMO...oh well

ndevlin
05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
I myself have a few black and brown bats that have been signed in black. So if you guys think the sig might not be authentic because the ink is black and so is the bat, you'll need more evidence than that.

spartakid
05-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say that a black signature on a black bat automatically renders it a fake, but why would you do that? If I was going somewhere to get a bat signed, you obviously are prepared enough to have the bat, why not use a silver sharpie???? Although, you may get a good deal on a bat like this because it's less asthetically pleasing.