PDA

View Full Version : Bob Costas (COSTAS NOW) New Season episode!!!

suave1477
05-03-2006, 09:11 AM
If anyone gets a chance to catch this episode it aired last night and will air a few more times this month it goes into the Topic of Roids with the players especially Bonds and to go into further detail with an interview with Willie Mays ( Bonds Godfather ) and how he views the situtation.

What I even found more interesting at the same time dissapointed that basically all the old hall of famers that he also interviewed or spoke with.
He asked if you had the opportunity to take steiroids when you were playing would you? - and they all answered "YES"

I couldnt believe that these players didnt have any moral to say "NO" "I would rather make it on my own natural ability"

Here is a quick excerpt from the show.
The May 2nd show will feature a one-on-one interview with Hall of Famer Willie Mays, who turns 75 next week. The former Giant great talked to Costas about his brilliant career as well as offered his take on the state of baseball today.

The program will also feature a chronological look at the history of steroids in baseball and includes interviews with former outfielder Andy Van Slyke and admitted steroid user Jose Canseco, among others.

A segment on the history of the home run and its enduring appeal will be featured, including interviews with sluggers Reggie Jackson and Mike Schmidt, plus two of Roger Maris' sons, Kevin and Randy.

As always, Costas Now concludes with a signature roundtable discussion featuring Hall of Famers Bob Gibson and Joe Morgan, plus broadcaster Tim McCarver.