PDA

View Full Version : Offering $50 for Pujols photo match

rj_lucas
05-02-2009, 11:05 PM
For anyone who enjoys the thrill of the hunt, I would like to offer $50 to the first person who can provide a definitive photo match to this Pujols gamer from 2001.

I purchased the bat November 3, 2001 from Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation 2001 Baseball Stars to the Rescue auction.

Jeff Scott recently provided me with the following information:

“Shipping records from Hillerich & Bradsby show that Pujols received three orders of bats in 2001 matching the specs of this bat: (3) were shipped to the team on 8/22/01; (12) were shipped to the team on 9/5/01; and (4) were delivered to Pujols by H&B representative Chuck Schupp on 10/8/01. These dates suggest the bat was used late in the Pujols’ rookie season and possibly during the post-season.”

In my pictures, I’ve tried to capture the areas of the bat most useful for photo matching. I was unable to find a solid photo match on Getty, but thought the members of this forum might have access to other image sources that I’m unaware of.

I realize this may be an impossible task, but figured if anybody wanted to give it a shot I’d throw that small incentive out there. Feel free to contact me with any questions, but please note the bat is not for sale. Thanks for reading.

Rick Lucas
rickjlucas@gmail.com