PDA

View Full Version : Robert Edward 2009

mfsquirrelmaster
05-03-2009, 03:01 AM
They finally stopped the auction a few minutes ago. The extended bidding time lasted just under 12hours. When they ended it they were still getting a new bids every minute or two. The auction houses that are having problems keeping the doors open should learn a lesson from the pros at REA. Anyone win the James Worthy lot and interested in parting with those goggles? Let me know.

mvandor
05-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Extended bidding is an annoyance, it's time they follow ebay and end things on time in the auction industry.

russyurk
05-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Extended bidding is an annoyance, it's time they follow ebay and end things on time in the auction industry.

Or extend bidding by lot, why should I have to wait hours when I may be only interested in one lot?

mr.miracle
05-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Or extend bidding by lot, why should I have to wait hours when I may be only interested in one lot?

Amen Brother:

I had to be at work at 6:00 am this morning. It makes it a bit difficult unless I load in a max bid to follow this auction or any auction for that matter into the wee hours of the morning when it does not end until the time that I need to be getting up for work.

Other than that, no complaints Robert Edward Auctions are a completely class act. I wish they had two auctions a year unlike some of the other companies running 6 or more per year and they cannot get it right. I prefer quality over quantity and Edward Auctions definitely has the quality and service end of it down.

shafrancollectibles.com
05-03-2009, 10:58 AM
I stayed up until 3:30am watching the "Recent Bids" keep coming in. I think REA does a great job but it would be better to end it lot-by-lot with a 15 or 30-minute clock on each. They claim their system is implemented to prevent bidding strategies but it is still whoever stays up the latest has an advantage over the other bidders.

I wasn't bidding on the sports lots this time around. Glad to got a bargain on a Charles Lindbergh signed photo but was the underbidder on the Reagan letters to Charlie Grimm's wife and not winning that lot is going to haunt me for awhile.

karamaxjoe
05-03-2009, 11:04 AM

I would not be surprised if ebay someday adopted extended bidding on individual auctions. Lets face it, extended bidding gives a conflicted bidder more chances to go against a budget. That makes more money for the consignor and auction house. Let's hope ebay never stoops that low.

mr.miracle
05-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I was bidding on the Honus Wager T206 Stolen and recovered card until it crossed $300,000k at that point it became too rich for me.:rolleyes: