PDA

View Full Version : regular season vs pre-season/spring value

nick1980
05-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm currious what you guys think something used during preseason or spring training is worth compared to something used during regular season? I'm thinking of items such as bats jersey's etc.... I think some teams use BP style jersey's during preseason but I have seen others wear normal season style jersey's also. I'm also thinking of higher end star player items.

nick1980
05-04-2009, 03:24 PM
does anyone have any input? I know some of you guys have pre-season or spring training jersey's along with regular season. I'm just wondering how much less something not used during regular season would be?
Thanks

justinlm24
05-04-2009, 03:46 PM
In general, regular season items are more sought after than spring training items. Therefore the amount one will pay for one vs the other is very different. I personally would pay more for a regular season game used bat as opposed to a spring training bat of the same player. You really can't put a number on it as far as value, as the value is up to how much the buyer covets the item in question and is willing to pay. As a general rule though, regular season items will demand higher sell prices vs spring training items. For example if you had a spring training game used bat from albert pujols sitting next to one that was used in regular season play one would expect to get more money for the regular season bat. Just the nature of the hobby. The ST bat would draw interest and likely sell, but not for the same amount as the RS bat. Just my opinion.