PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Brett Favre Game Used Minnesota Viking Jersey

3arod13
05-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Looking for a Brett Favre Game Used Minnesota Viking Jersey. Oh, sorry. Have to wait for the start of the season.

Does this put the Vikings over the top?

Regards, Tony

Mauer7
05-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Dude, I am so waiting for this to happen.

3arod13
05-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Dude, I am so waiting for this to happen.

I'm a big Viking fan. We have been needing a quarterback for some time now. Favre isn't a young buck, but he still has it. I think it's a done deal.

kellsox
05-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Did you watch him last season- he has Nothing left- he was brutal the second 1/2 of the season- its a bad move for any team to pick him up. I can probably list 20 Qbs that can/will outperform him.
k

helmets
05-05-2009, 09:20 PM
I can't wait for Clay Matthews to blitz from the blind side and put the old man out...

sox83cubs84
05-06-2009, 12:38 PM
If Favre comes out of retirement, I figure John Madden will, too. Why worship your man-crush at home when you can do it in person?:rolleyes:

Dave M.
Chicago area

jhunt28
05-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Being a huge Jets fan, I can only say that this latest stunt is a little disappointing. Obviously Brett used last years stint with the Jets as a move to get his final revenge on the Packers. I'm sure he had this planned out from the start...he used the Jets and had zero interest in being part of that team. What I don't understand is why would he tarnish his 16 or 17 year reputation in Green Bay by playing 1 year (can't see him playing at age 41) for the Vikings? I would think if he misses the game, the players, the crowds that badly, why not go to the booth on Sundays? That way you'll be in the limelight, the entire country will hear what you have to say every week, and you'll still be a part of the game. I used to be a huge #4 fan, now I'm starting to re-think the admiration I had for him.

suicide_squeeze
05-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Did you watch him last season- he has Nothing left- he was brutal the second 1/2 of the season- its a bad move for any team to pick him up. I can probably list 20 Qbs that can/will outperform him.
k

I'd like to see your list.;) It's my perosnal opinion his leadership, talent, and experience as a three-pack are unmatchable. I would place maybe two quarterbacks ahead of him:

Peyton Manning;

a Healthy Tom Brady.

That's it.

Brett may throw a lot of interceptions.....but put him in the right environment, and what he adds is incomparable.

otismalibu
05-06-2009, 02:32 PM
There another dude who has as many belts as Peyton and Favre combined.

But he's simply a game manager. :)

PK
05-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I'd like to see your list.;) It's my perosnal opinion his leadership, talent, and experience as a three-pack are unmatchable. I would place maybe two quarterbacks ahead of him:

Peyton Manning;

a Healthy Tom Brady.

That's it.

Brett may throw a lot of interceptions.....but put him in the right environment, and what he adds is incomparable.

That all may be true, but what happens when he tears his bicep again in game 4 or 12 for that matter. He needed surgury at the end of last year and did not get it done!! He by himself pretty much cost the Jets a playoff spot last year, no way would I take him now unless he came cheap and the Vikes would not have to pay him once he gets injured again

mfsquirrelmaster
05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I was tired of all this stuff with Favre a couple off seasons ago. It would be nice if he went away until his HOF induction.