PDA

View Full Version : Calling all A's experts...questions on 2008 gamers

staindsox
05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm not an expert on A's game used stuff and have some questions about equipment from the 2008 season. First, like many other teams, the A's used both regular jerseys and cool base jerseys last year. A lot of teams used to issue two sets of each jersey style to a player. I'm not sure how it is handled now that cool base jerseys are in the mix. Did A's players get one regular and one cool base of each style (white, gray, green, and black)? Or did they get two regular and two cool base of each style? Or did the number of jerseys each player was issued depend on whether it was one of the white home or gray road jerseys versus the less used green and black alternate jerseys? I have no idea how the jerseys were issued and want to know how many each player received. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

My other question was about the 2008 Opening Day. The A's opened the 2008 season in Japan against the Red Sox. The teams had corporate logos on their batting helmets for the games. Does anyone know if the A's sold these helmets with the corporate logo stickers still on the helmets or did they just remove the sticker after the series and the players continued to use the same helmets throughout the rest of the season?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

spartakid
05-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I got a few helmets at the fanfest, and there weren't any helmets that I saw with the logo. They must have removed the stickers afterwards. I have some cool bases and regular jerseys from the 2008 seasons, but I have no idea how many of each were issued. Ricardo

staindsox
05-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Did you come across any instances where there was more than one of the same cool base style of the same player?

Thanks again.

Chris

spartakid
05-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't recall to be honest, is there something you're trying to find out specifically?

staindsox
05-06-2009, 09:15 PM
As a few of the A's and Tigers collectors know, I am always looking for any Jack Hannahan stuff, even though he is in the majors by the skin of his teeth. I am looking for photos of him wearing some of the jerseys I have. That is why I am asking how many of both the regular and cool base jerseys the A's players were issued in 2008. If they were only issued one regular and one cool base of each style, it would make my photomatching efforts much easier. For example, if I had a green cool base jersey and I found a photo of him wearing a green cool base jersey, is it highly likely that it is indeed the same jersey?

As far as the 2008 Japan opening goes, I have some of his 2008 stuff and was wondering if it could have been used in that opening series.

Thanks again for all the help!

Chris