Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cugolfnut
    • Nov 2007

Need help on this Tennessee vintage helmet

Can anyone tell me if this looks like the real deal? Looking at some of the photos, I do know the orange stripe in the middle is missing, and here is the other info I was able to get out of the seller:

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']The inside just has the padding only. It does not have the ear pads. The outside of the helmet has an "R" then "HC35 small U.S.A." It has a chinstrap with "Nokona" "made in U.S.A."

Seller doesn't know the history, came across it in a box.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Anyone's thoughts???? Would love to hear. I'm not a big tennesse fan, but wanted to maybe pick this up and re-sell.[/FONT]
    Attached Files
  • aeneas01
    • May 2007

Re: Need help on this Tennessee vintage helmet

Originally posted by cugolfnut
    Can anyone tell me if this looks like the real deal? Looking at some of the photos, I do know the orange stripe in the middle is missing, and here is the other info I was able to get out of the seller:

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']The inside just has the padding only. It does not have the ear pads. The outside of the helmet has an "R" then "HC35 small U.S.A." It has a chinstrap with "Nokona" "made in U.S.A."

Seller doesn't know the history, came across it in a box.[/font]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/font]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Anyone's thoughts???? Would love to hear. I'm not a big tennesse fan, but wanted to maybe pick this up and re-sell.[/font]
    it's a toy, a rawlings youth helmet reproduction, not an authentic gamer....

robert

Comment

• cugolfnut
      • Nov 2007

thanks robert....I went back and read some of your older threads and noticed some comments on the nokona being a pee-wee football helmet....that clued me in.

Comment

• aeneas01
        • May 2007

should have read your post a little more carefully - the photo struck me as a rawlings hnfl, which are reproduction helmets, display/toy helmets, often fitted with team decals. but you mention that it's a hc35 - this model is a step up but wasn't worn for adult play. perhaps a very early hc35 given the lack of "cross-hair" screws in the front and back...

robert

Comment

• cugolfnut
          • Nov 2007

the guy wants 60 bucks for it, I assumed like you this was a toy or replica. I was going to try to list and sell it on ebay and make some $$$$ on it since I really don'tl like tennessee.

What are your thoughts?

Comment

Working...