Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cordovacollector
    • Mar 2009

O/T: LVS Pink Bats -- Personalized

OK, since the game used pink Mother's Day / Cancer bats are always out of my price range for my favorite players, I think I might take LVS up on their offer to personalize my own ... and then only have players I REALLY like sign it.

Here's some backstory: so most of you guys know I am new on the site, and some of you guys know I am a "lady" , and a few of you know I'm battling breast cancer myself. So I need some creative suggestions, guys! (Remember, to keep it "nice", I am a "lady!")

What should I have written on the bat? I've asked our cancer forum for suggestions too. The type of cancer I have is called Her-2 positive (not a good thing ) and one of the break-through new drugs is called Tykerb. I volunteered to be a guinea pig in the the experimental trials of it. Some of us in the trial started calling ourselves Tykerb Tigers.

Here's the bat I have come up with so far:

Got any better thoughts or suggestions?

Do you think I could get Brian Hillerich to be the first to sign it?!?

(By the way, BMH and LVS, thank you for this program, the donations you give, and the awareness you raise!!!)
  • xpress34
    • Sep 2008

Re: O/T: LVS Pink Bats -- Personalized

Cordova -

1st, let me say Thank You for having the courage to put that out their publicly and I wish you nothing but the best for a strong recovery.

When I worked for Rawlings and we had our booth at Coors Field, we obviously didn't have the Pink Bats, but we did have a group of ladies who were battling Breast Cancer themselves who came and asked us to engrave some bats for them for the Susan G Komen Walk for a Cure here in Denver and had us inscribe them 'For the Girls'

Kind of a double meaning, but just wanted to put it out there for you.

Best Wishes!

- Chris

Comment

• the3lads
      • Mar 2007

Helen, the bat looks fantastic! It's great to see that you have a positive and strong attitude towards battling this menace. It seems that half the battle is trying to remain positive and having the will to overcome the disease.

On a side note, it's good to see that ladies are on the forum. I know a female Cubs fan, probably 70-75ish, who I see from time to time. She has some great stories about "hanging out" with DiMaggio and the other Yankees when they would visit Chicago. She called herself a "groupie." Never heard such a story from a male fan!

Anyway, swing away with your new bat and knock cancer out of the park.

Best wishes, Ash.

Comment

• karamaxjoe
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cordovacollector

Do you think I could get Brian Hillerich to be the first to sign it?!?
        I think it would be the least he could do for you. God bless and best of everything to you.
        Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
        ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• gingi79
          • Aug 2007

Thanks for showing these! I am always worried when my Mom or Wife go for a check and support this cause anyway I can.

I ordered one that says "Batting for the Cure" and my full name. I hope the donation helps someone you love and especially fellow collector Helen!

God speed your full recovery!
          Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

Working...