PDA

View Full Version : O/T: LVS Pink Bats -- Personalized

cordovacollector
05-08-2009, 02:16 AM
OK, since the game used pink Mother's Day / Cancer bats are always out of my price range for my favorite players, I think I might take LVS up on their offer to personalize my own ... and then only have players I REALLY like sign it.

Here's some backstory: so most of you guys know I am new on the site, and some of you guys know I am a "lady" :p , and a few of you know I'm battling breast cancer myself. :( So I need some creative suggestions, guys! (Remember, to keep it "nice", I am a "lady!")

What should I have written on the bat? I've asked our cancer forum for suggestions too. The type of cancer I have is called Her-2 positive (not a good thing :mad: ) and one of the break-through new drugs is called Tykerb. I volunteered to be a guinea pig in the the experimental trials of it. Some of us in the trial started calling ourselves Tykerb Tigers.

Here's the bat I have come up with so far:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/272818/Pink%20Bat%20-%20hh.bmp.jpg

Got any better thoughts or suggestions?

Do you think I could get Brian Hillerich to be the first to sign it?!? :rolleyes:

(By the way, BMH and LVS, thank you for this program, the donations you give, and the awareness you raise!!!)

xpress34
05-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Cordova -

1st, let me say Thank You for having the courage to put that out their publicly and I wish you nothing but the best for a strong recovery.

When I worked for Rawlings and we had our booth at Coors Field, we obviously didn't have the Pink Bats, but we did have a group of ladies who were battling Breast Cancer themselves who came and asked us to engrave some bats for them for the Susan G Komen Walk for a Cure here in Denver and had us inscribe them 'For the Girls' :)

Kind of a double meaning, but just wanted to put it out there for you.

Best Wishes!

- Chris

the3lads
05-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Helen, the bat looks fantastic! It's great to see that you have a positive and strong attitude towards battling this menace. It seems that half the battle is trying to remain positive and having the will to overcome the disease.

On a side note, it's good to see that ladies are on the forum. I know a female Cubs fan, probably 70-75ish, who I see from time to time. She has some great stories about "hanging out" with DiMaggio and the other Yankees when they would visit Chicago. She called herself a "groupie." Never heard such a story from a male fan! :rolleyes:

Anyway, swing away with your new bat and knock cancer out of the park. :)

Best wishes, Ash.

karamaxjoe
05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Do you think I could get Brian Hillerich to be the first to sign it?!? :rolleyes:

I think it would be the least he could do for you. God bless and best of everything to you.

gingi79
05-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks for showing these! I am always worried when my Mom or Wife go for a check and support this cause anyway I can.

I ordered one that says "Batting for the Cure" and my full name. I hope the donation helps someone you love and especially fellow collector Helen!

God speed your full recovery!