PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY landed my pujols.....

justinlm24
05-08-2009, 06:45 PM
After months of searching and searching I finally landed a pujols. I walked into a memorabilia shop here in downtown cincinnati and there it was.... inside a display case. I talked with the guy for a good hour about it and where he got it from. He said he guarantees it will pass any certification or my money back. Plus he gave me a good deal on it so I couldn't pass it up. It's a 2007 blonde sam bat. Shows medium use with a few blue marks and few seam impressions. Does have about a 8 inch hairline crack up the handle but is solid. got the 5 on the knob and the same bat manufacture info on the end of the barrell. Hopefully I did ok. How bout some thoughts....

AWA85
05-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Awesome bat, congrats on the pick up.

do you know what was the name of the store you picked it up from?

justinlm24
05-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Sports investments INC. Great place. You from the cincinnati area? If so you should check it out. They got alot of game used stuff there.

justinlm24
05-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Anyone know what it would cost to have this PSA/DNA certified? I have never done it, just wondering how much I'd be looking at.

sportscentury
05-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Anyone know what it would cost to have this PSA/DNA certified? I have never done it, just wondering how much I'd be looking at.

John Taube is very accessible:

JT Sports • 1 South Granville Ave., Margate, NJ 08402 • (609) 487-8003 • Fax: (609) 487-8090 • info@gameusedbats.com (info@gameusedbats.com)

He typically responds to emails and calls in a very timely manner... even on weekends.

chakes89
05-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Sports investments INC. Great place. You from the cincinnati area? If so you should check it out. They got alot of game used stuff there.
Is that on Montgomery Road?

If so, I have been there once before

They have some AMAZING stuff

AWA85
05-09-2009, 07:31 AM
I have seen some of their items hit ebay, real unique items. I think they are the ones that have the Pete Rose $8,000 personal check on ebay right now.

Do they carry any current Reds game used items or is it mostly older items?

rj_lucas
05-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Taube is a well-respected resource, and of course Jeff Scott is as knowledgeable as they come.

Are there other markings on the knob, and can you see evidence of pine tar on the handle? It's hard to tell from the photos.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

sportscentury
05-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Taube is a well-respected resource, and of course Jeff Scott is as knowledgeable as they come.

Are there other markings on the knob, and can you see evidence of pine tar on the handle? It's hard to tell from the photos.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

I think John Taube is terrific, as is Vince Malta. I gave John's information because Justin had asked about PSA/DNA authentication. As for Pujols bats, though, no one knows more than Jeff Scott (Andrew Lang and Rob Steinmetz also know a good bit).

notxpensv4u
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Great looking bat!!!! Great shop to buy from also.

justinlm24
05-09-2009, 10:49 PM
I would say light tar at best. There is some down towards the lower knob. I have checked through getty images and the blonde sam bats he used in 07 show little to no tar. So I'd say that is characteristic with his bats in that year. there is a number 5 on the knob written small. has faded some but is still visible.

Yes that is on montgomery road I do believe. Great shop to check out. Especially for reds items.

justinlm24
05-11-2009, 04:35 PM
yes great shop. Will definitely go back in the future.....