PDA

View Full Version : Arod+manny=whose Next?

HENMICK44
05-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Who will be the next MLB superstar named or fail a drug test?

dirtyla2000
05-09-2009, 02:56 AM
Who will be the next MLB superstar named or fail a drug test?
hopefully no VLADDY

gameu08
05-09-2009, 06:30 AM
delgado,thome,thomas,Ortiz hate to say this one and hope not but Pujols?

3arod13
05-09-2009, 07:26 AM
I realize many enjoy pouncing on Arod, but this was the era of performance enhancers and many were doing it. Sad, but true!

jwasserman
05-09-2009, 09:23 AM
not exactly superstars but i wouldnt be surprised by nomar or damon getting implicated

kingjammy24
05-09-2009, 09:44 AM
delgado,thome,thomas,Ortiz hate to say this one and hope not but Pujols?

i see nothing about thomas that would indicate PED use.

1) he's never been spoken about by canseco

2) physically, he looks the same as he did 15 yrs ago

3) his HR numbers show no aberrations. the most he ever hit was 43 and that's for a guy who's 6'5, 260lbs. he seemed to average 30-40 HRs a season which seems to be a realistic number. he was never one of these guys clubbing in the upper 40s/low 50s.

rudy.

kingjammy24
05-09-2009, 10:22 AM
plus, thomas' numbers, like griffeys, taper off towards the end of his career, unlike clemens, bonds, sosa, and mcgwire who were having career seasons in their twilight years. in his 15th season, mcgwire hit 65 HRs for petes sake. like bonds and his 73 HRs, mcgwire wasn't exactly subtle about it.

both griffey and thomas' production has noticeably broken down for the past few years.

if you want to look at "who's next", look at who's having improbably good seasons at an old age, whose body and head have undergone bizarre changes (ala tejada), who's been named by canseco, whose numbers show aberrations.

rudy.

metsbats
05-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Are they going to exposure retired players?

I have alot invested in Mike Piazza and hope his name never comes up.

emann
05-09-2009, 10:58 AM

I think the only way they're going to expose retired players is if they're on that list from 2003. Those names WILL come out at some point. I personally think MLB is trying to figure out the best way to approach doing it since it's probably an even more shocking bombshell and includes just about every top name on it. It's one reason I think MLB is going about this in a very calculated way, I think they're targeting certain high profile players (A-Rod, Palmeiro, Manny, Bonds/McGwire) to establish high water marks, so when they drop the big list of 140+ it's less shocking.

Arguably, nobody is bigger in public's eye than A-Rod and we've already seen proof he's done them, is it really going to shock the public when they see Ortiz or Vlad's or even Pujols name on there? They're sports page level stars, the front page superstar's name has already been released to test the water...

suicide_squeeze
05-09-2009, 12:57 PM

metsbats,

Partner, if I may, let me give you some professional advice.

Start to unload his stuff. Keep a few favorites, but know this: He juiced.

Trust me when I say this. He absolutely, positively, withOUT question was a HEAVY steroid user. This is coming from a Dodger fan who was heartbroken when he left the Dodgers because they wouldn't pay him the big bucks. He was smart enough to get off of them in time, and he avoided all of the problems. Mike is a smart guy, there's no question about that. I own one of his rookie bats, and one of his Mizunnos.....but that's it.

If you are heavily invested, lighten up. It will eventually come out. I am interested if he will get lambasted along with the rest of them, before his voting time comes up for the Hall.

I may take a beating here for saying this, but Mike Piazza would have NEVER even made the bigs if it hadn't been for his relationship with Lasorda. Even then, he needed bigtime help. Steroids made him into the Hall of Famer he was. And again, I am a Dodger fan and LOVED Mike Piazza. But I've read tons about his tenure over the years with the Dodgers, I've seen his physique turn into that of a greek GOD right before our eyes, and I was at Dodger Stadium the night he hit a home run out of the park which landed on top of the accordian awning over deep left center field and ricocheted into the players parking lot.....an inhuman accomplishment.

The dude has muscles on top of muscles.

Oh yeah.....he juiced heavily.

suicide_squeeze
05-09-2009, 01:00 PM
not exactly superstars but i wouldnt be surprised by nomar or damon getting implicated

Again....IMHO.....Nomar juiced for sure.

He had the body of a juicer. Not of a baseball player, but of a serious weight-lifting body builder. Even though he is a little guy, he was built like a brick s#!t house.

Baseball players just don't have bodies like that.

suicide_squeeze
05-09-2009, 01:06 PM
plus, thomas' numbers, like griffeys, taper off towards the end of his career, unlike clemens, bonds, sosa, and mcgwire who were having career seasons in their twilight years. in his 15th season, mcgwire hit 65 HRs for petes sake. like bonds and his 73 HRs, mcgwire wasn't exactly subtle about it.

both griffey and thomas' production has noticeably broken down for the past few years.

if you want to look at "who's next", look at who's having improbably good seasons at an old age, whose body and head have undergone bizarre changes (ala tejada), who's been named by canseco, whose numbers show aberrations.

rudy.

Agreed, across the board.

I would also say that Thome is an impelling case of being clean.

He never appeared to posess the body style of a juicer, but the dude has a masterfully powerfull swing. I would be seriously disappointed if it ever came out that he juiced. He kind of reminded me of an "Eddie Mathews" type....just a picture perfect power-stroke.

But nothing at this point would surprise me.

suicide_squeeze
05-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I think the only way they're going to expose retired players is if they're on that list from 2003. Those names WILL come out at some point. I personally think MLB is trying to figure out the best way to approach doing it since it's probably an even more shocking bombshell and includes just about every top name on it. It's one reason I think MLB is going about this in a very calculated way, I think they're targeting certain high profile players (A-Rod, Palmeiro, Manny, Bonds/McGwire) to establish high water marks, so when they drop the big list of 140+ it's less shocking.

Arguably, nobody is bigger in public's eye than A-Rod and we've already seen proof he's done them, is it really going to shock the public when they see Ortiz or Vlad's or even Pujols name on there? They're sports page level stars, the front page superstar's name has already been released to test the water...

I honestly feel that if Albert Pujols name ever came up on the list, that would be the final blow to baseball.

I think attendance would fall off the face of the earth, and people would just kinda throw in the towel on baseball for a few years.

It would take a different commishioner, and much stricter testing and punishment, with teams instituting their own high standards and punishments against cheaters, to get the fan base back. It's already bad enough....just ask us here in Los Angeles!

Manny has been gone two games, and the Dodgers have rolled over and died already, losing them both, and looking like a lost puppy in search of their mommy.

Baseball needs to fix this garbage. The current policy is a start, but they need to step it up and inflict more damage on the players that consciously choose to cheat. They are making way too high of a paycheck for this to be tolerable.

rj_lucas
05-09-2009, 03:05 PM

To his credit, Pujols answers to a higher authority than Bud Selig:

http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.org/faith.htm

If Pujols were ever shown to have juiced, for many of his fans (myself included) it would be tremendously sad and disheartening for reasons that have nothing to do with baseball...

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

cordovacollector
05-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Easy way to fix all this:

1. Permanently ban users.

And a lot of this MESS would have been avoided if we had:

2. Permanently banned Bud Selig for his wishy-washy approach to penalizing cheaters. He showed us how he handles tough but obvious decisions in the All Star game tie.

suicide_squeeze
05-09-2009, 03:27 PM
To his credit, Pujols answers to a higher authority than Bud Selig:

http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.org/faith.htm

If Pujols were ever shown to have juiced, for many of his fans (myself included) it would be tremendously sad and disheartening for reasons that have nothing to do with baseball...

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Hey Rick, I hear you.

But remember.......MONEY has a way of making people turn a deaf ear to almost anything, because it dictates the quality and status of our here and now.

We can always ask for "forgiveness" later on in life for our sins.

suicide_squeeze
05-09-2009, 03:34 PM

2. Permanently banned Bud Selig for his wishy-washy approach to penalizing cheaters. He showed us how he handles tough but obvious decisions in the All Star game tie.

I honestly thing Selig has been on HCG himself for a long time.

That could be explained by the obvious fact the man has no balls.

rj_lucas
05-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I honestly thing Selig has been on HCG himself for a long time.

That could be explained by the obvious fact the man has no balls.

Ahh, I shouldn't laugh, but that's just funny :)

joelsabi
05-09-2009, 04:28 PM

this works for cycling. also saving samples from 2004 and on to be used for testing later when new ways of detecting are found.

dirtyla2000
05-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Nomar No Doubt! Why Cant The Guy Stay Healthy For 1 Month At A Time! He Ripped His Groin On A Swing A Couple Of Years Back,on A Friggin Swing!

metsbats
05-09-2009, 06:48 PM
metsbats,

Partner, if I may, let me give you some professional advice.

Start to unload his stuff. Keep a few favorites, but know this: He juiced.

Trust me when I say this. He absolutely, positively, withOUT question was a HEAVY steroid user. This is coming from a Dodger fan who was heartbroken when he left the Dodgers because they wouldn't pay him the big bucks. He was smart enough to get off of them in time, and he avoided all of the problems. Mike is a smart guy, there's no question about that. I own one of his rookie bats, and one of his Mizunnos.....but that's it.

If you are heavily invested, lighten up. It will eventually come out. I am interested if he will get lambasted along with the rest of them, before his voting time comes up for the Hall.

I may take a beating here for saying this, but Mike Piazza would have NEVER even made the bigs if it hadn't been for his relationship with Lasorda. Even then, he needed bigtime help. Steroids made him into the Hall of Famer he was. And again, I am a Dodger fan and LOVED Mike Piazza. But I've read tons about his tenure over the years with the Dodgers, I've seen his physique turn into that of a greek GOD right before our eyes, and I was at Dodger Stadium the night he hit a home run out of the park which landed on top of the accordian awning over deep left center field and ricocheted into the players parking lot.....an inhuman accomplishment.

The dude has muscles on top of muscles.

Oh yeah.....he juiced heavily.

Say it isn't so Mike, Say it isn't so.

No matter I'm still a fan like others staying a loyal fan no matter what happens.

gingi79
05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Pujols would be a killer. I think he has taken the mantle as the guy we all trust is just naturally gifted and works hard.

I am beginning to wonder if you need talent to play baseball or just need to lose your testicles. If so, I have bills to pay and may look into it. :D

GoTigers
05-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I think baseball needs to take a stance on this now,, its way overdue. Selig needs to anounce how records and HOF entry will be handled. Right now the only punishment is 50 games. If he announced that if your caught cheating, all records will be erased and you cannot enter the HOF at any point I think that would go a long way to cleaning up the game.

Do you guys think this problem is here to stay? Do you think the next batch of stars are clean? I've heard the testing has gotten pretty hard since 04. I guess Manny did a cycle in the off seaon, but got busted comming off it during spring training.

kingjammy24
05-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I think baseball needs to take a stance on this now,, its way overdue. Selig needs to anounce how records and HOF entry will be handled. Right now the only punishment is 50 games. If he announced that if your caught cheating, all records will be erased and you cannot enter the HOF at any point I think that would go a long way to cleaning up the game.

Do you guys think this problem is here to stay? Do you think the next batch of stars are clean? I've heard the testing has gotten pretty hard since 04. I guess Manny did a cycle in the off seaon, but got busted comming off it during spring training.

i don't think erasing records or barring HOF entry is going to matter much to the legions of impoverished kids in places like the dominican who see major league baseball as the only route to get them and their families out of misery. the only thing that matters is the money. it's also naive and unrealistic to expect kids like that not to do everything they can from lying about their age to juicing it in order to make the majors. between being barred from the HOF or going hungry everyday, i think they'll choose the former.

of course, mcgwire, bonds, giambi, etc didn't do it to escape poverty. i guess they just did it out of ego, stupidity, and greed.

rudy.

kingjammy24
05-09-2009, 10:49 PM
more about latin players and steroids:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2763194

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-latinosteroids092508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"The American guys don't have this pressure for having food for their family, maybe 20 people to support. Think about that: four brothers and four sisters. Lots of cousins, nephews. I support my brothers' kids, sisters' kids. And parents. Some uncles. Every Dominican player is the same."

rudy.

xpress34
05-10-2009, 12:32 AM

Jimmy -

Contrary to popular belief, MLB has NO say and NO authority when it comes to the Hall of Fame. Per the National Baseball Hall of Fame website: (http://web.baseballhalloffame.org/about/faq.jsp#hof_mlb)

What is the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum's relationship with Major League Baseball? The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is independent of Major League Baseball, however it does maintain an excellent relationship with MLB.

With that stated, MLB has NO say and NO Authority to keep Shoeless Joe or Pete Rose or anyone else out of the Hall... that all comes down to the BBWAA and the Living HOF members who vote on who goes in or not and it is their vote and their vote alone that decidesa ny single players fate as it pertainf to the Hall.

Will Shoeless or Pete ever be elected? Probably not because of the relationship the Hall maintains with MLB, the voters don't want to rock the boat as MLB is their single biggest donator of GU items...

Yes, MLB BANNED Jackson and Rose from ever playing Major League Baseball again, but (again, contrary to popular belief) MLB has NO say whether Jackson or Rose gain entrance to the Hall.

I just wanted to clear this up, because it is a very common mistake, even among well educated baseball fans.

All the best -

Chris