PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Jr. scams Ichiro?

kingjammy24
05-09-2009, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppb0libuNVw&feature=related

ichiro meets griffey jr. for the first time. griffey gives him a jersey and at the 5:53 mark ichiro (via his interpreter) asks him if it's game-worn. griffey nods in the affirmative. clearly, ichiro couldn't be more ecstatic at receiving a griffey gamer. oddly, the jersey has a UDA sticker on the back and at around the 6:45 mark you can see a retail neck tag and it seems to lack any strip tagging typically seen on mariners shirts of that era. to make it even worse, it seems ichiro may have given griffey one of his orix gamers! poor ichiro! seems griffey wasn't just pawning his procuts off on collectors.

rudy.

both-teams-played-hard
05-09-2009, 12:43 PM
C'mon Rudy...do you honestly expect Griffey to understand Japanese?...or English?
Is it game worn? Griffey nods, but doesn't make eye contact...was it a trade? I'd take an Ichiro gamer over Griffey, anyday.
Thanks for posting.

suave1477
05-09-2009, 01:41 PM
C'mon Rudy...do you honestly expect Griffey to understand Japanese?...or English?
Is it game worn? Griffey nods, but doesn't make eye contact...was it a trade? I'd take an Ichiro gamer over Griffey, anyday.
Thanks for posting.

Well in all honesty I agree somewhat. Even though it was clear what Ichiro was asking. It doesn't really seem like Griffey Jr. was paying attention to the question and just nodded.

Just my 2 cents

ironmanfan
05-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Well in all honesty I agree somewhat. Even though it was clear what Ichiro was asking. It doesn't really seem like Griffey Jr. was paying attention to the question and just nodded.

Just my 2 cents

That's the same technique used by Lou Lampson......

both-teams-played-hard
05-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Just my 2 cents

I think Griffey was embarrassed. He was like..."he actually wanted a jersey I wore"? Griffey conveniently misunderstood the question.

bubbrubb25
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
I think Griffey was embarrassed. He was like..."he actually wanted a jersey I wore"? Griffey conveniently misunderstood the question.
I agree 100%

suave1477
05-13-2009, 08:53 AM
That's the same technique used by Lou Lampson......

If it can work for good Ole Lou it can work for Griffey Jr. lol lol:D :rolleyes: