PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Prices: Dugout Lineup Cards - Ripken & Santana

cordovacollector
05-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Reduced Prices: Two Game Used Dugout Lineup Cards From Historically Significant Games!!

1. Game used lineup card (the large dugout wall card, not the umpire's card) from the Orioles @ Twins game on 4/14/2000, the night Cal Ripken hit his 2997th hit. The next game he hit 3000. And, of course, during the streak.

2. Twins' dugout lineup card (large one) from 4/7/2000 Twins @ Royals. Johan Santana's first career major league start. From Wikipedia: "He made his first MLB start on April 7 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_7), 2000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000), at Kansas City (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Royals) and recorded his first Major League win in a relief appearance at Houston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Astros) on June 6 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_6)."

I'd like to keep these pieces but must sell to purchase some Cordova items that better suit my collection. Both cards are in excellent shape. Was originally asking $500 each but now reduced to $750 for the pair ... OBO. (Had a sale pending for the Ripken but buyer didn't pay.) So make me an offer guys ... can't let that Cordova stuff get away so I'm ready to deal! :cool:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/272818/Lineup%20b.jpg

cordovacollector
05-22-2009, 07:52 PM
$150 by PayPal for Ripken 2997th hit dugout lineup. Includes safe packaging and shipping.

(These are from the early days when teams had their own, not the MLB ones now used, and were pre- MLB stickers.)

jobathenut
05-22-2009, 10:31 PM
I alway's thought that dugout cards have a hologram and the mlb logo on the background and is typed out.At least the ones i've seen like on mlb.com have and the ones i've seen while watching a game on tv when they show them.They must have just started doing that recently...just wondering when they started doing them that way?:)

cordovacollector
05-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah, the confusion has been unfortunate for me. I have at least 50 vintage dugout lineup cards from the Twins from significant events. As far as I know, MLB didn't offer their printed lineups with the logo until 2002 for the Twins. And the authentication stickers were after that.

I get great interest on the dugout lineups I want to sell but it seems folks don't think they're authentic without the logo and the sticker. One guy really wanted the Ripken lineup, made an offer that I accepted, and then backed out because someone emailed him that it wasn't authentic because of those very issues.

Kinda like asking for a game used Killebrew bat but only with an MLB g-u authentication sticker.

jobathenut
05-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Believe me cordover's #1 fan-I was'nt even trying to imply that it was'nt authentic.So i hope you did'nt take at that.I'm sorry to hear someone backed out on it.If i was interested in this,i would do my own homework and not take someone's else word for it.And i would'nt make a offer until i did that and i knew for myself that i was authentic.Thats not right that person did that to you.Did you tell the person what you just told me here,that this is what they looked like until they changed them in the 2002 season.So how about a butch wynegar bat with the mlb game used authentication sticker.:)
Yeah, the confusion has been unfortunate for me. I have at least 50 vintage dugout lineup cards from the Twins from significant events. As far as I know, MLB didn't offer their printed lineups with the logo until 2002 for the Twins. And the authentication stickers were after that.

I get great interest on the dugout lineups I want to sell but it seems folks don't think they're authentic without the logo and the sticker. One guy really wanted the Ripken lineup, made an offer that I accepted, and then backed out because someone emailed him that it wasn't authentic because of those very issues.

Kinda like asking for a game used Killebrew bat but only with an MLB g-u authentication sticker.

cordovacollector
05-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Joba ~ I didn't in the least take offense. I was just ticked at the guy that whined about the lack of stickers and such on my lineups.

PS I trade you for the holo'd Wynegar ... I've got a game used Big Fella bat with 55 MLB holos on it. :rolleyes:

Ummmm. Hope yer from MN and know who Big Fella is. :confused:

jobathenut
05-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Yeah,i would be ticked off to.Ain't nothing worse than when you have something authentic and someone questions it.And even worse is when they make a offer and back out on it.I had the same thing with my game used wynegar yankees bat,the person backed out because it did'nt say yankees on it,so how did i know it was from then.I tell you some people.And what makes you madder,is in my case, when you're just selling to help my family,as i was just selling and giving what i made to my mom to help her and so you're thinking,"oh,good a sale",and than the person backs out of it.So i feel for you.I hope you find you're buyer for this.Yes,i'm from the home of the inflatable toliet they call a stadium.But i have no idea who "the big fella" is.I'm not a twins fan,i was when i was a kid as i idolized butch,and was even up to the world series wins in 87 and 91.And even longer than that cause they had players on the team that i loved like todd walker,and than the greatest ever-paul molitor as my brother just loved him.Noone on the team i like anymore,i don;t like candy,so i'm not a fan of m&m's.And i find thier whole marketing like thier commicials kind of childess.But that just me:)
Joba ~ I didn't in the least take offense. I was just ticked at the guy that whined about the lack of stickers and such on my lineups.

PS I trade you for the holo'd Wynegar ... I've got a game used Big Fella bat with 55 MLB holos on it. :rolleyes:

Ummmm. Hope yer from MN and know who Big Fella is. :confused:

cordovacollector
05-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Joba ~ You are right! And it's great of you helping your family like that.

Thought I might stump you with "Big Fella" so I better explain. He's an older fellow that Gardenhire invited to be be in the clubhouse and on the bench whenever he wants. I think he worked in the minors for many years. He's a short man and called all the players, "Hey, big fella ...." That's how he got that as a nickname. Kind of like the Say Hey Kid. His real name is Wayne Hattaway. I heard he had cancer last year, and on TV I haven't noticed him in the dugout so I hope all is well. He was so tickled one year when I asked him to sign a baseball for me with his name and "Big Fella" on it. He's a great guy ... about 5 feet tall and wears a big Texas cowboy hat.

When I get caught up on a few other buys, I hope I can take that Wynegar bat off your hands. He was a favorite of mine too. And I am glad it doesn't say Yankees on it! :D

Best of luck to you!

jobathenut
05-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the kind words.I have'nt been able to help them much though,as i was selling on GREEDbay but can't anymore cause they went to paypal only and im not able to do that.So it's been tough to try to sell on other markets like on here,as i only have a couple of game used items and no big name players.And i'm not about to try craigslist as there is way too many bad things linked to that,and being from minnesota you know what i mean,as there was just a court case here about it.And anyway,my brother tried it on there and almost got conned.Yeah,you would really have to be a big twins fan i think to know who "big fella" is(and that sure sounds like you are).The only games i go to is when my dreadful,hateful and all evil yankees come here to play in the toliet,man,i can't wait for that new stadium.They should have never left the met stadium.Well,i hope to hear from you on the wynegar bat, i hate to sell it as that bat and the high school yearbooks i have of his has been my favorites in my wynegar collection.But if i have to sell it,i would love it to go to another butch fan.And by the way,just for that comment-i'm going to write yankees on it-just kidding....
Joba ~ You are right! And it's great of you helping your family like that.

Thought I might stump you with "Big Fella" so I better explain. He's an older fellow that Gardenhire invited to be be in the clubhouse and on the bench whenever he wants. I think he worked in the minors for many years. He's a short man and called all the players, "Hey, big fella ...." That's how he got that as a nickname. Kind of like the Say Hey Kid. His real name is Wayne Hattaway. I heard he had cancer last year, and on TV I haven't noticed him in the dugout so I hope all is well. He was so tickled one year when I asked him to sign a baseball for me with his name and "Big Fella" on it. He's a great guy ... about 5 feet tall and wears a big Texas cowboy hat.

When I get caught up on a few other buys, I hope I can take that Wynegar bat off your hands. He was a favorite of mine too. And I am glad it doesn't say Yankees on it! :D

Best of luck to you!

cordovacollector
05-23-2009, 02:44 AM
And by the way, just for that comment-i'm going to write yankees on it-just kidding....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

jobathenut
05-23-2009, 02:46 AM
Oh,not the dreadful yankees:eek: :eek: :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

ironmanfan
05-25-2009, 08:50 AM
That game from Friday 04/14/00 brings back memories for me...Before that season started, I was adament about seeing Cal's #3000 hit in person (regardless of where it was). He entered that season 9 hits shy and I did research to see on average what game of the season he normally got his ninth hit. According to my findings and the 2000 schedule, he should have gotten the hit in KC and I subsequently booked a flight there once the season started....Unfortunately, he started the year slow and it was obvious that he wasn't getting it in there, so I changed my airline reservations for MN instead (the Orioles next stop). That series started with him at #2996 and he did get #2997 that night (per the lineup card)..The whole wrinkle to it was that he wasn't going to play in Sunday's game (the streak had ended by then) since he really wanted to try to get the hit in Baltimore (which due to a work commitment I couldn't attend)...So to make a long story short, he needed three hits on Saturday in order for me to witness it in person...He made an out the first time up and then rattled off 3 hits in his next 3 at bats to secure the milestone and I was there to witness it..

A postscript to this story was a few years later I told this story to Cal (how I was like the only guy to spend his vacation in Minneapolis in April)
and how he NEEDED those three hits on Saturday for me to witness it..A short while afterwards, while cleaning out his office, he found a bag with a lot of memorabilia from that 3000 hit game, including a handful of game used balls & he inscribed one "To Bill, Thanks for being there for #3000..."
and gave it to me...Needless to say, it was a memory that I'll never forget..

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/Game%20Used/ebay022.jpghttp://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/Game%20Used/ebay021-1.jpghttp://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/Game%20Used/ebay019-1.jpg