PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a N.Y. Jets Jersey...game used or not?

hockeytigers
05-09-2009, 10:17 PM
If anyone with knowledge of NFL jerseys could help me out...it would be greatly appreciated...

I have a feeling that this is not a game used jersey and here is why...

1) I saw a Boomer jersey same year and color and the tags were different.
2) I think the champion logo should be above the stripes and not in the stripes.

I can't find a photo of this player wearing this style and color jersey...

What gives me some hope is who would fake a kickers jersey?

Thanks Everyone!! I am new at this and need a little input.

nyjetsfan14
05-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Nobody is trying to fake a kickers jersey, that is just Champions retail line of the era. You can pick em up fairly reasonable on e-Bay, usually around 50 bones or less when they pop up. I had a 1994 Aaron Glenn that I sold a while back. Happy collecting.

nyjetsfan14
05-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Here's a Pro Line on e-Bay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VTG-90S-NEW-YORK-JETS-CHAMPION-PROLINE-GAME-CUT-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ110387743055QQihZ001QQcategoryZ249 67QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Invariably sellers usually list as "game cut" or "game jersey" most likely because of the spandex panels and dual tagging but rest assured, Pro Line was simply the Champion retail line of the era and besides the retail tagging there are easily noticeable differences. Interestly enough I have seen some of these very retail jerseys with their tails cut in an effort to claim them as game worn by players who would have cut their game jerseys...and they actually sold for decent $. Sad what folks will do to make a buck so be aware. As always, happy collecting.

NEFAN
05-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Here's a Pro Line on e-Bay right now:
rest assured, Pro Line was simply the Champion retail line of the era and besides the retail tagging there are easily noticeable differences.

Does that rule apply to other manufacuturers too?