PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules

HENMICK44
05-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Can somebody tell me how long you have to wait to bump an item? Some people have been telling me 5 days????????????????????????????????

Eric
05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
You have numerous threads in the "Items wanted" section with many of the same items listed. You keep bumping those threads which don't give others a chance to have their messages seen.

I'd say in the items for sale or items wanted section, wait at least a month. Think about what's fair to everyone. I have told you this before.

Thank you
Eric

Eric
05-10-2009, 10:39 PM
In fact, I posted in one of your threads about this very topic last September.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=18353&highlight=bumping+threads

AWA85
05-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Some reason I thought it was a week, my bad on my past bumps!

jobathenut
05-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I have a question,is it considered "bumping" if you are updating your thread-examples-something being sold,prices reduced or adding more items or pictures.Or is it just when you respond to it by saying " bump " or something like that.just have always wondered the definition:confused:

BergerKing22784
05-11-2009, 04:32 AM
I always thought the post bump was a week?

I think if prices are updated thats a good thing to have the item put back to the top. I know there are some people who sell stuff on here who start their items way way way toooooo high and will do like 4 or 5 price adjustments before someone actually buys it.

Also if items are not available anymore thats another good reason. I've scrolled through items for sale and asked sellers about them and the items are gone.

SkubeBats
05-11-2009, 05:51 AM
The rules say 7 days.

Birdbats
05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
I have a question,is it considered "bumping" if you are updating your thread-examples-something being sold,prices reduced or adding more items or pictures.Or is it just when you respond to it by saying " bump " or something like that.just have always wondered the definition:confused:

If you're listing multiple items and have sold one or more, I'd consider that a legit reason to post. I wouldn't call that a bump, but a message to anyone who may have been interested that an item no longer is available. Same if you're lowering a price or adding photos. It has the added bonus of being a bump, but it truly is new information for potential buyers. If nothing is new, though, and all you want to do is get your post back to the top of the pile, that's a bump. Just my two cents.

sportscentury
05-11-2009, 02:31 PM
If you're listing multiple items and have sold one or more, I'd consider that a legit reason to post. I wouldn't call that a bump, but a message to anyone who may have been interested that an item no longer is available. Same if you're lowering a price or adding photos. It has the added bonus of being a bump, but it truly is new information for potential buyers. If nothing is new, though, and all you want to do is get your post back to the top of the pile, that's a bump. Just my two cents.

Agreed. For those of us who have been here since the original GUF days, this is how we have always viewed/handled it.

Neely8
05-12-2009, 08:43 AM
This is one of the reasons we need to be able edit posts on here so you could just edit your for sale thread instead of bumping it to the top with new information or what has been sold.

ironmanfan
05-12-2009, 09:20 AM
This is one of the reasons we need to be able edit posts on here so you could just edit your for sale thread instead of bumping it to the top with new information or what has been sold.

editing will do nothing for you if your original post is stuck on page 2 or 3

Neely8
05-12-2009, 09:57 AM
editing will do nothing for you if your original post is stuck on page 2 or 3

My point was that if we could edit posts then there wouldn't be as great a need to bring them to the top so soon to provide updated information every other day as some do. If the rules are that you can bring your post back to the top once I week then I doubt it will be stuck all the way back on pages 2 or 3.

beavisrules
05-12-2009, 01:23 PM
An interesting rule I think the mods should consider invoking would be that you also have to decrease your asking price by 10% everytime you bump your listing (or relist an item in a new thread).

Danny899
05-12-2009, 01:43 PM
You even see the same nonsense on the, "Items Wanted" thread. "Bump", "Still looking", "Bump", "Still Looking", "Bump." Then they bump it again using a much larger font. As if that's supposed to make us search harder for items. This rule should be located under, Common Sense and Fairplay.