PDA

View Full Version : Let's see your Jay Buhner game used equipment

deburton
05-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi, here is an oppurtunity to show you Jay Buhner game used equipment. Does anyone have any Buhner/ Yankees stuff?
Can't wait to see. Thanks, David

shafrancollectibles.com
05-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I have to dig through my closet and find the bat Jay gave to me back in '85 in Fort Lauderdale. I lived down there for one year while in 3rd grade and my father and I would go to games 2-3 times a week. I remember Rickey Henderson coming down to play and Bobby Murcer got his last professional hit down in Ft. Lauderdale. Jay Buhner was always nice to me - the first baseman, Mo Ching, would throw a ball over the dugout to me nearly every night and Jay gave me a bat before a game but I am nearly certain it showed no use. I remember it being very heavy but that could also be from the fact I was a little kid.

================================================== ========
brad@shafrancollectibles.com

brianborsch
05-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Hey, if it shows no use, and you are willing to sell it, I am interested. I collect game issued (or unused) bats of Mariners greats. I would be highly interested in the Buhner you got if it is unused. Any pics?

Brian B

brianborsch@yahoo.com

shafrancollectibles.com
05-11-2009, 09:02 PM
I have to go searching for it. I can vividly remember Jay handing it to me and I treasured it for quite some time but I am not exactly sure where it is now. I have an idea though so I'll let you know if I uncover it!

brianborsch
05-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Cool. Can't wait to see it!