PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman hits in 30 straight games!

Vintagedeputy
05-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Go Ryan, go Ryan, go Ryan, Go!

Look out Joe D!

hey a fella can dream, right?

mr.miracle
05-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Who is Zimmerman and what team does he play for? Is that Dave Zimmerman?

AWA85
05-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Helps my fantasy team, only reason I have to cheer for those darn Nats.

Vintagedeputy
05-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Who is Zimmerman and what team does he play for? Is that Dave Zimmerman?

Surely, you jest.

jobathenut
05-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Look out joe D!....You're kidding right,vintage.This common isn't even going to pass paul molitor.:)
Go Ryan, go Ryan, go Ryan, Go!

Look out Joe D!

hey a fella can dream, right?

Vintagedeputy
05-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Look out joe D!....You're kidding right,vintage.This common isn't even going to pass paul molitor.:)

common? Them's fightin' words!

nationals2k9
05-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Better odds the Nats crack the playoffs or Zim breaks the 56-game record?

I'm still going playoffs at this point.

mr.miracle
05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Surely, you jest.

Just yanking your chain Vintage, I know who that man is and a 30 game hit streak is quite impressive.

:D

Vintagedeputy
05-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Just yanking your chain Vintage, I know who that man is and a 30 game hit streak is quite impressive.

:D

If he keeps this streak up, everyone will know who he is!

jobathenut
05-13-2009, 07:08 PM
done:eek:

jobathenut
05-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Sorry vintage,No disrespect to you,and the last thing i want is a fight.But yes-common.Go into any card store and ask for him and the person will give you a box marked common .Which in the card buinsess,is a term used for non-stars players.
common? Them's fightin' words!

gnishiyama
05-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Zimmerman’s hit streak ends at 30, Nats top Giants

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AtfUxG3UZ0rM0e.86xxi.ScRvLYF?gid=290513 126&prov=ap

Regardless very impressive!!

jv225
05-14-2009, 04:34 AM

You jinxed him :D

Vintagedeputy
05-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Sorry vintage,No disrespect to you,and the last thing i want is a fight.But yes-common.Go into any card store and ask for him and the person will give you a box marked common .Which in the card buinsess,is a term used for non-stars players.

I'm quite familar with the term "common". I've been a collector and (previously) a dealer for the past 23 years.

With that said, any card store that puts a Ryan Zimmerman card in a box with commons has zero knowledge of baseball or how to make a profit at selling cards.

Vintagedeputy
05-14-2009, 06:06 AM
You jinxed him :D

haha! :)

I actually thought that Zito would be the one this week to give Zim the most trouble, although I think intentionally walking someone on a 30 game hitting streak is a candy ass move.

Kudos to the Giants fans for applauding Zim after his last at-bat.

allstarsplus
05-14-2009, 07:21 AM
haha! :)

I actually thought that Zito would be the one this week to give Zim the most trouble, although I think intentionally walking someone on a 30 game hitting streak is a candy ass move.

Kudos to the Giants fans for applauding Zim after his last at-bat.

Jim - Of course I am with you and so were the Nats TV announcers, but we are definitely in the minority on that.

The SF fans were great.

I saw similar decisions with McGwire, Sosa and Bonds when they were all going for HR records, but I also saw some Managers challenge these guys knowing what was at stake.

All in all, 30 games is quite an accomplishment and put him #2 all time for 3rd basemen streaks.

jobathenut
05-15-2009, 01:51 AM
Wow vintage,i did'nt mean to upset you.Is this guy your brother or something?I did'nt mean to offend him or you.And i will make sure i tell all the card dealers i know,including my brother's friend who has owned a card shop for about 30 years that he does'nt know anything about baseball.He will be quite happy to know that.Because he puts a guy who most people proberly could'nt pick out in a line up in the "common" box.:) quote=Vintagedeputy;140266]I'm quite familar with the term "common". I've been a collector and (previously) a dealer for the past 23 years.

With that said, any card store that puts a Ryan Zimmerman card in a box with commons has zero knowledge of baseball or how to make a profit at selling cards.[/quote]

Vintagedeputy
05-15-2009, 05:56 AM
You didnt offend me. Not in the least. Heck, ask allstarsplus how many calls he gets for Zim stuff if you dont believe me.

Look at his stats and tell me that he isnt one of the best in the league. Fans who have watched him know that he ranks right up there with the best 3B in the game right now. With Dunn and a healthy Nick Johnson in the line-up, Zim is finally seeing some pitches to hit. Please tell me where the card store is that has him in the common box. I'll make money all day long. :)

Wow vintage,i did'nt mean to upset you.Is this guy your brother or something?I did'nt mean to offend him or you.And i will make sure i tell all the card dealers i know,including my brother's friend who has owned a card shop for about 30 years that he does'nt know anything about baseball.He will be quite happy to know that.Because he puts a guy who most people proberly could'nt pick out in a line up in the "common" box.:) quote=Vintagedeputy;140266]I'm quite familar with the term "common". I've been a collector and (previously) a dealer for the past 23 years.

With that said, any card store that puts a Ryan Zimmerman card in a box with commons has zero knowledge of baseball or how to make a profit at selling cards.[/quote]

allstarsplus
05-15-2009, 06:58 AM
You didnt offend me. Not in the least. Heck, ask allstarsplus how many calls he gets for Zim stuff if you dont believe me.

Look at his stats and tell me that he isnt one of the best in the league. Fans who have watched him know that he ranks right up there with the best 3B in the game right now. With Dunn and a healthy Nick Johnson in the line-up, Zim is finally seeing some pitches to hit. Please tell me where the card store is that has him in the common box. I'll make money all day long. :)

Jim is absolutely right. Zim's popularity is at an all-time high right now.

If I go to an American League city, I could see Zim being in the common or Semi-star box. At House of Cards in Silver Spring MD they have a case with Zim premium cards on the 1st case as you walk into the shop.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/items/__ryan-zimmerman-game_W0QQLHQ5fCompleteZ1QQ_dmptZUSQ5fSMQ5fSportsQ5 fCardsQQ_flnZ1QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em283?_rdc=1

The above link is what sold in the last week. Just sold that bat for $305 and an Authentic jersey. Now I am sold out of autographed bats. Most of my sales are off of eBay anyways, and by the way, all of my buyers of Zim items this past week are from out of town except one local sale!

allstarsplus
05-15-2009, 10:40 PM
I didn't want to jinx the Zim streak so I didn't post this beauty that was used to extend the streak and cracked on a single way back on April 16 2009!

Hologram number BB942837 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: PHI AT WSH
Session Date: April 16, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: 8TH INNING, R. ZIMMERMAN, SINGLE, UP THE MIDDLE

Vintagedeputy
05-16-2009, 05:55 AM
oooohhh my, I like that!

I didn't want to jinx the Zim streak so I didn't post this beauty that was used to extend the streak and cracked on a single way back on April 16 2009!

Hologram number BB942837 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: PHI AT WSH
Session Date: April 16, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: 8TH INNING, R. ZIMMERMAN, SINGLE, UP THE MIDDLE

metsbats
05-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Awesome ball marks. I love when the MLB logo image gets imprinted into the barrel!