PDA

View Full Version : O.T:Mets fan streaker,he slides on his ass!

dodgersfan
05-13-2009, 08:56 AM
This must have hurt!

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=d86888c2-5309-402f-8afc-f36dabe9aca7

Rudy

Vintagedeputy
05-13-2009, 10:01 AM
What an idiot

jv225
05-13-2009, 04:12 PM
The moron should have slid head first. Now that would have been something :D

dodgersfan
05-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Anyone know this clown?

Rudy

The first streaker at Citi Field (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Citi+Field) showed Mets (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/New+York+Mets) fans how to get a major league wedgie Tuesday night.
The nearly-naked doofus dashed from the first-base seats and slid into second with "Let's Go Mets" painted on his back and wearing only a stuffed animal wrapped like a thong around the middle of his strike zone for modesty.
As security guards came after the 29-year-old Queens (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Queens+County) man and more than 39,000 fans whooped and hollered, he got up with a raspberry flourishing on his right buttock, adjusted his stuffed animal and ran into center field.
The performance ended badly when he fell and the guards dragged him away through a tunnel on the third-base side.
The Braves (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Atlanta+Braves) were leading 1-0 when the streaker, identified as Craig Coakley (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Craig+Coakley), made his appearance in the fifth inning, but the Mets won 4-3 in 10.
Coakley was charged with interfering with a sporting event and trespassing. He is expected to be arraigned this morning.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/queens/2009/05/12/2009-05-12_mets_get_their_first_citi_field_streaker.html#i xzz0FQN7lANU&B (http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/queens/2009/05/12/2009-05-12_mets_get_their_first_citi_field_streaker.html#i xzz0FQN7lANU&B)

Mr.3000
05-13-2009, 07:04 PM
lol that was funny. More than well worth the fines and jail time if any. People have been doing that kind of stuff for decades. I don't mind it so long as it is ONLY in fun and not meant in a harmful manner towards players.

People takes things too seriously sometimes. Relax and enjoy life, you only get one shot at it.

metsbats
05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
I want that streak worn thong for my Met collection :D

suicide_squeeze
05-13-2009, 11:32 PM
lol that was funny. More than well worth the fines and jail time if any. People have been doing that kind of stuff for decades. I don't mind it so long as it is ONLY in fun and not meant in a harmful manner towards players.

People takes things too seriously sometimes. Relax and enjoy life, you only get one shot at it.

I couldn't agree more.

Further more, he was partially covered up, so it wasn't completely disrespectful to the kids at the stadium.....there's nothing wrong with a little fun now and then. I just would have liked to see the guy elude security for a bit longer......he gave up way to quickly. If he had made a mad dash for awhile, he would have REALLY gotten the crowd into it.

I don't know about the slide, though......(ouch)

suicide_squeeze
05-13-2009, 11:33 PM
The moron should have slid head first. Now that would have been something :D

Wouldn't that be "heads" first? :o

geoff
05-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Funny Stuff

jv225
05-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Wouldn't that be "heads" first? :o

LOL good point. But on second thought I don't think I would have wanted to see that :p

Vintagedeputy
05-14-2009, 06:13 AM

Well worth the fines and jail time? Are you kidding? Displays like that are ridiculous.

Vintagedeputy
05-14-2009, 06:22 AM
I couldn't agree more.

Further more, he was partially covered up, so it wasn't completely disrespectful to the kids at the stadium.....there's nothing wrong with a little fun now and then. I just would have liked to see the guy elude security for a bit longer......he gave up way to quickly. If he had made a mad dash for awhile, he would have REALLY gotten the crowd into it.

I don't know about the slide, though......(ouch)

But there was something disrepectful to the kids....and to the families, the players, etc. The disrepect can be found in the fact that one idiot decided to break the law for his own amusement. He inconvenienced everyone at the game. He put people at risk of being injured while chasing after him. Its no different that kids joyriding and running from the police. His "innocent" fun put others at risk AND taught the kids that its ok to break the law for your own personal enjoyment. Remember the drunken father and son who thought it was funny to run onto the field and beat up the Royals 1st base coach ? Its sad really....sad that we can't just enjoy being at a baseball game with becoming part of the entertainment.

GarkoCollector
05-14-2009, 07:29 AM
But there was something disrepectful to the kids....and to the families, the players, etc. The disrepect can be found in the fact that one idiot decided to break the law for his own amusement. He inconvenienced everyone at the game. He put people at risk of being injured while chasing after him. Its no different that kids joyriding and running from the police. His "innocent" fun put others at risk AND taught the kids that its ok to break the law for your own personal enjoyment. Remember the drunken father and son who thought it was funny to run onto the field and beat up the Royals 1st base coach ? Its sad really....sad that we can't just enjoy being at a baseball game with becoming part of the entertainment.

Who was at risk of being injured? He didnt run toward anyone. He specifically did it when no players were on the field. This was clearly done in fun, and from the crowd reaction, they enjoyed it too! Granted that he willingly broke the law and it sets a bad example for kids, but kids also need to realize that people will often do things at a personal expense to make others happy. Thats a parents responsibility for teaching the difference between right and wrong. A kid isnt going to become a criminal because he saw a guy run partially naked on a baseball field. Cant really compare a guy running onto an empty field to 2 assholes that got drunk and went out onto the field with the intent on causing physical injury to someone. Its apples and oranges.

allstarsplus
05-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Well worth the fines and jail time? Are you kidding? Displays like that are ridiculous.

Isn't he bunned, I mean banned forever from the ballpark? I am sure he can sneak in, butt come on. This guy is an a$s. LMAO, it did crack me up though.

Plus he and his booty, I mean buddy ended up profiting by selling this video to TMZ so now here come the idiot copycats.

Vintagedeputy
05-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Who was at risk of being injured?

Every security officer who ran after him. Just like any police officer that gets into a pursuit. Just like any player that gets injured playing the game. Injuries occur. If a security person ran after him and slipped and fell, it would be this nitwit's fault. The security people dont know what his intentions are. They dont know that he isnt trying to hurt a player. All they know is that he doesnt belong on the field. Its their job to stop him despite his fun driven intentions.

His actions show kids that its ok to break rules. Maybe not a strong example, but people are products of their environment. The negative reinforcement of his actions could be a precursor to poor judgement and decisions. It also sets an example that having a criminal record and being arrested mean nothing. People should be ashamed of an arrest/conviction on his record. Its not a badge of honor.

He is still an ass, even if people laughed.

orioles03
05-14-2009, 02:35 PM
i remember two guys in 2002 one guy decided to silde into homeplate the cop working the orioles dugout speared him so hard into home plate the guys head got busted open
the second guy how he walked into the main locker room doors i have no idea but it was a sunday game he came down to the dugout and sat on the steps i was putting the ondeck stuff on the circle when i went back down to the bat rack to put the bat away the guy was swinging broken bats so i went gotthe cop who was working the dug out he went to the guy he would not go down so he had to taser him all while the game was going on i had no idea what was going on the players did nothing they just went up to bat

suicide_squeeze
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Every security officer who ran after him. Just like any police officer that gets into a pursuit. Just like any player that gets injured playing the game. Injuries occur. If a security person ran after him and slipped and fell, it would be this nitwit's fault. The security people dont know what his intentions are. They dont know that he isnt trying to hurt a player. All they know is that he doesnt belong on the field. Its their job to stop him despite his fun driven intentions.

His actions show kids that its ok to break rules. Maybe not a strong example, but people are products of their environment. The negative reinforcement of his actions could be a precursor to poor judgement and decisions. It also sets an example that having a criminal record and being arrested mean nothing. People should be ashamed of an arrest/conviction on his record. Its not a badge of honor.

He is still an ass, even if people laughed.

Vintage....

I am not arguing the fact that what this guy did should be condoned....but look, he did something wrong, no doubt, and for self gratification (being the first idiot to streak at the new park). S#!t happens, and since it does, it's not the end of the world to laugh along for a moment. If the guy had been totally naked, it would have been disgraceful....he wasn't, so at least he consciously thought about what he was about to do.

The part I totally disagree with you on is the part I highlighted of your last post.....

How in the WORLD does it show kids that it's OK to break the rules....when you are run down by a group of law enforcement, and dragged off in handcuffs?

suicide_squeeze
05-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Isn't he bunned, I mean banned forever from the ballpark? I am sure he can sneak in, butt come on. This guy is an a$s. LMAO, it did crack me up though.

Plus he and his booty, I mean buddy ended up profiting by selling this video to TMZ so now here come the idiot copycats.

Andrew,

You'll be getting a call from CBS studios soon....they are looking for a new writer for David Letterman....

Vintagedeputy
05-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Vintage....

I am not arguing the fact that what this guy did should be condoned....but look, he did something wrong, no doubt, and for self gratification (being the first idiot to streak at the new park). S#!t happens, and since it does, it's not the end of the world to laugh along for a moment. If the guy had been totally naked, it would have been disgraceful....he wasn't, so at least he consciously thought about what he was about to do.

The part I totally disagree with you on is the part I highlighted of your last post.....

How in the WORLD does it show kids that it's OK to break the rules....when you are run down by a group of law enforcement, and dragged off in handcuffs?

Because it teaches bad behavior and shows people that they can get a laugh or approval from the masses for their actions. Its just another stunning example of the degradation of our society.

For example, years ago, a kid would never talk back to a cop. You'd get your ass beat. You had respect, for your teachers, for your elders, for the police. Now? Its all gone to hell. 14 year olds shoot each other over "respect", 17 year old girls have 3 kids, people look to welfare before looking for a job. Extreme examples, but the behavior starts somewhere. Show respect for yourself, your family, hell show respect for the game. This isnt an exuberant fan running onto the field to congratulate Aaron on hitting 715. This is an idiot who writes stuff on his body and runs half naked onto the field to fulfill some desire of being an ass and doing something to please himself. It takes away from MY enjoyment of the game that I love. That's why tv crews have stopped showing this nonsense when someone does it - they are trying to show people that their 15 minutes of fame is now 15 seconds. If people had a bit more respect for themselves, their families and others in society, we wouldn't even be having this discussion and I'd be sitting back enjoying a ballgame with my family after a hard days work.

allstarsplus
05-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Because it teaches bad behavior and shows people that they can get a laugh or approval from the masses for their actions. Its just another stunning example of the degradation of our society.

For example, years ago, a kid would never talk back to a cop. You'd get your ass beat. You had respect, for your teachers, for your elders, for the police. Now? Its all gone to hell. 14 year olds shoot each other over "respect", 17 year old girls have 3 kids, people look to welfare before looking for a job. Extreme examples, but the behavior starts somewhere. Show respect for yourself, your family, hell show respect for the game. This isnt an exuberant fan running onto the field to congratulate Aaron on hitting 715. This is an idiot who writes stuff on his body and runs half naked onto the field to fulfill some desire of being an ass and doing something to please himself. It takes away from MY enjoyment of the game that I love. That's why tv crews have stopped showing this nonsense when someone does it - they are trying to show people that their 15 minutes of fame is now 15 seconds. If people had a bit more respect for themselves, their families and others in society, we wouldn't even be having this discussion and I'd be sitting back enjoying a ballgame with my family after a hard days work.

I don't know what these idiot's motivations were to start, but I do know that TMZ purchases videos and the possibility exists that this was all pre-planned to profit and get 15 minutes of fame.

As an adult, I got a chuckle from it and always loved the jerk that ran on the football field that got clotheslined by a player, but I would really be upset if one of my young kids was there to witness it and I have to agree with VintageDeputy on that one.

Mr.3000
05-14-2009, 06:42 PM

To each their own. Great thing about opinions, we're all entitled to our own. ;)

rose14
05-15-2009, 09:35 AM
It would help society if scum bags like TMZ would fall off the face of the earth. Why they are allowed to do some of the crap that they do is beyond me. Thankfully, I am not a celebrity because I would been in jail with a lawsuit on my hands if I had to deal with those idiots on a daily basis.

camarokids
05-15-2009, 10:15 AM
I have to say Jim, lighten up some and smile for a moment....even you know it was funny....:D

Your cop mentality is showing.....;)

If anything is a great teaching moment for all the responsible parents.....

both-teams-played-hard
05-15-2009, 12:11 PM
It would help society if scum bags like TMZ would fall off the face of the earth. Why they are allowed to do some of the crap that they do is beyond me. Thankfully, I am not a celebrity because I would been in jail with a lawsuit on my hands if I had to deal with those idiots on a daily basis.
TMZ is a menace. There seems to be stalking laws on the books, that are not enforced.

Danny899
05-15-2009, 12:16 PM

Vintage, I have read and agree with all your posts regarding this incident. At the very least it is a blatant disregard for stadium policy and law enforcement, not to mention the enjoyment of the game's progress. A lot of people looked at this as being funny but when I saw it I thought, "what an idiot." You are correct that the potential for this incident to escalate into a dangerous encounter exists. From a police stanpoint, when you are chasing a suspect, regardless of the offense, the threat does not end when you apprehend the individual as you have no way of knowing his intentions. People are not aware of this fear (yes fear) unless they are ever involved in this capacity. Fortunately this encounter ended safely. Many folks think that because they watch "NYPD Blue" or "COPS" on TV, it makes them an expert on law enforcement. So, no, I don't think it was worth the jail time or fines, not to mention making a fool out of yourself for generations to come and putting security and police personnel at risk.

Vintagedeputy
05-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Actually, when I watched the video, not once did I think it was funny. I still don't. I think the guy was an idiot who deserved an ass whipin.

I have to say Jim, lighten up some and smile for a moment....even you know it was funny....:D

Your cop mentality is showing.....;)

If anything is a great teaching moment for all the responsible parents.....

Vintagedeputy
05-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Thank you Danny

Vintage, I have read and agree with all your posts regarding this incident. At the very least it is a blatant disregard for stadium policy and law enforcement, not to mention the enjoyment of the game's progress. A lot of people looked at this as being funny but when I saw it I thought, "what an idiot." You are correct that the potential for this incident to escalate into a dangerous encounter exists. From a police stanpoint, when you are chasing a suspect, regardless of the offense, the threat does not end when you apprehend the individual as you have no way of knowing his intentions. People are not aware of this fear (yes fear) unless they are ever involved in this capacity. Fortunately this encounter ended safely. Many folks think that because they watch "NYPD Blue" or "COPS" on TV, it makes them an expert on law enforcement. So, no, I don't think it was worth the jail time or fines, not to mention making a fool out of yourself for generations to come and putting security and police personnel at risk.

suicide_squeeze
05-17-2009, 03:18 PM

I hear you vintage. Can't say I don't agree with you.

I want to add that I agree with Andrew that the best part of these silly events are to see the jerk doing it getting close-lined by a player or security. That's as much of an exclamation point on the issue as can be made.

suicide_squeeze
05-17-2009, 03:29 PM
From a police stanpoint, when you are chasing a suspect, regardless of the offense, the threat does not end when you apprehend the individual as you have no way of knowing his intentions. People are not aware of this fear (yes fear) unless they are ever involved in this capacity. Fortunately this encounter ended safely. Many folks think that because they watch "NYPD Blue" or "COPS" on TV, it makes them an expert on law enforcement. So, no, I don't think it was worth the jail time or fines, not to mention making a fool out of yourself for generations to come and putting security and police personnel at risk.

Danny,

You speaking with knowledge, or just giving your opinion?

I have cops in my family. It takes a certain type to want to be a law enforcement officer. "Fear" is not on their mind....at any point....during a "confrontation" like this silly event.

If they were approaching a vehicle with a known armed suspect....that's a different story.

Trust me in saying the security officers that "apprehended" that idiot at the Mets game were not fearful about what he was going to do when they were surrounding him, nor were they fearful about what his intentions were at that point, or what he might do.

The personnel was not put at "risk". They were merely inconvenienced to have to get off their duffs and chase the dude down.

Maybe it's those "NYPD Blue" or "Cops" episodes on TV that you've seen that are leading you to believe otherwise, I don't know.

sportscentury
05-17-2009, 03:44 PM
For what it's worth, I have to agree with Jim and Dan about this. Perhaps it is easy for me to agree with them because I don't find this stuff all that funny. But I'm afraid that even if I did, I would still be concerned with the security issues they raise. The rules are in place for a reason. Folks are safer and generally better off when everyone abides by them.

Vintagedeputy
05-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Danny,

The personnel was not put at "risk". They were merely inconvenienced to have to get off their duffs and chase the dude down.

Maybe it's those "NYPD Blue" or "Cops" episodes on TV that you've seen that are leading you to believe otherwise, I don't know.

You have got to be kidding. If you really believe this, and I mean this as nice as I can say it, you are pretty clueless about what other people's jobs entail. Anyone who was drawn into using their physical abilities to restrain this nitwit, were most certainly at risk.

When I was in LE, I used to tell people "I dont get paid for what I do, I get paid for what I might have to do"........

suicide_squeeze
05-17-2009, 07:48 PM
You have got to be kidding. If you really believe this, and I mean this as nice as I can say it, you are pretty clueless about what other people's jobs entail. Anyone who was drawn into using their physical abilities to restrain this nitwit, were most certainly at risk.

When I was in LE, I used to tell people "I dont get paid for what I do, I get paid for what I might have to do"........

Whatever.

I mean, this is silly.

Do we really need to go into the fact that a guy who is goofing around in such a manner, who then lies face down on the ground as the security guys are closing in......is in any way a threat to these guys? Are YOU kidding?

Or....are you trying to say that, as a security officer, it's putting you at RISK to have to run after a guy? If you can't place one foot in front of the other without hurting yourself, then WHAT are you doing in a position of security?

Look, I was a security "bouncer" at 18 and 19 years of age at the Fabulous Forum in Los Angeles. I worked Laker games, and Music concerts. I don't need to be lectured on what constitutes a threat to one's well being. If you aren't somewhat phyically fit, you have NO BUSINESS being in security. What that loser did on the Mets baseball diamond was as "threatening" to those security people as....well, running down a loose cat with a 15 lb. bag of kitty litter tied to it's back.

Get real.

Stop arguing just to argue.

Vintagedeputy
05-17-2009, 08:30 PM
I know that its difficult to accept the fact that you are wrong. Don't worry, happens to the best of us. We're all here to support you through this difficult time. You will survive.

Whatever.

I mean, this is silly.

Do we really need to go into the fact that a guy who is goofing around in such a manner, who then lies face down on the ground as the security guys are closing in......is in any way a threat to these guys? Are YOU kidding?

Or....are you trying to say that, as a security officer, it's putting you at RISK to have to run after a guy? If you can't place one foot in front of the other without hurting yourself, then WHAT are you doing in a position of security?

Look, I was a security "bouncer" at 18 and 19 years of age at the Fabulous Forum in Los Angeles. I worked Laker games, and Music concerts. I don't need to be lectured on what constitutes a threat to one's well being. If you aren't somewhat phyically fit, you have NO BUSINESS being in security. What that loser did on the Mets baseball diamond was as "threatening" to those security people as....well, running down a loose cat with a 15 lb. bag of kitty litter tied to it's back.

Get real.

Mr.3000
05-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Whatever.

I mean, this is silly.

Get real.

WELL SAID.

Thanks.

dodgersfan
05-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Here is the video from You Tube that is still working,the TMZ video has been taken off their site.

Rudy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlD7t8jjUmo&feature=related

dodgersfan
09-11-2009, 03:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4462899

Updated: September 10, 2009, 8:10 PM ET
Streaker earns one-year ban

Comment (http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=4462899) Email (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4462899#) Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4462899&type=story) Share (javascript:void(0);) var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Mets%20streaker%20gets%20one-year%20ban%20from%20ballpark", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4462899", published: "2009-09-10" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink"));
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- A streaker who disrupted a New York Mets (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nym) game by jumping onto Citi Field naked except for a stuffed monkey tied around his waist is banned from the ballpark for life.
Prosecutors say Craig Coakley of Queens pleaded guilty Thursday to interfering with a sporting event. He must pay a $1,000 fine and $2,000 in civil penalties to the New York Mets. He also has to complete 20 days of community service by Dec. 15.
District Attorney Richard A. Brown said in a statement that Coakley's antics cost him dearly -- "perhaps the worse punishment for any true Mets fan."
Coakley was banned from Citi Field for one year in connection with his criminal case but the Mets banned him for life from all their facilities including KeySpan Park in Brooklyn and Tradition Field in Port St. Lucie, Fla., according to Brown.
The incident occurred on May 12. The 38-year-old plumber told police afterward that it was a bet; his boss told him he'd pay a week's salary if he did it.
Coakley faced up to a year in prison. His lawyer says he's very sorry.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

TNTtoys
09-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Just out of curiosity...

How is a lifetime ban from a sporting complex enforced? I find it very hard to believe that stadium security can reject any attempt from 1 person to visit any ballpark operated by a specific team in any year for the next 50 years.

Has any security folk here on this website had to "enforce" a ban such as this? Is it even possible?

metsbats
09-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Just out of curiosity...

How is a lifetime ban from a sporting complex enforced? I find it very hard to believe that stadium security can reject any attempt from 1 person to visit any ballpark operated by a specific team in any year for the next 50 years.

Has any security folk here on this website had to "enforce" a ban such as this? Is it even possible?

That's a very good question. Sounds almost impossible to enforce.

sox83cubs84
09-11-2009, 07:44 PM
That's a very good question. Sounds almost impossible to enforce.

I agree that, for ticket takers, it would be almost impossible, as, at least here in Chicago, most of them are high school/college kids or seniors. It's not impossible, though, if park security is on the ball.

Several years ago, two teens were banned from New Comiskey after being caught after hours at Sox Fest stealing bats from the garage sale. A third teen, who didn't actually steal anything, but was friends with both thieves and was present when his 2 buddies got nabbed, was also banned. He came in once during the season and hung out by the visitors dugout to get autographs. Someone in security recognized him, and he was escorted out about halfway through BP. I never saw him there again.

Dave M.
Chicago area

sox83cubs84
09-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I want that streak worn thong for my Met collection :D

I'd bet the rent that Lampson would be willing to authenticate it. :)

Dave M.
Chicago area

Bobby Jenks
09-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I guess it is the "younger" baseball audience who does find it funny. I mean people got all pissy when the Brewers did a walk-off celebration. And ESPN is right "the fans need to lighten up". The odds of a kid being "damaged" from seeing a semi-naked man make an ass of himself are very small. Last year we had a streaker (+ boxers) at our HS football season opener, we were down and the other team was in the red zone. I believe if it weren't for him running onto the field we would have lost. The crowd and the team was so pumped after that.