PDA

View Full Version : New Member with a question about NBA gamers!!

Yankeesfan09
05-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Hello everyone, I just found out about this great site a few days ago and loved looking through old threads and seeing everyones amazing memorabilia. I have a question I hope someone may be able to help me with. I was wondering of anyone could tell me what to look for in an NBA game used jersey. Is there a distinct difference between a game used jersey and a Pro-cut jersey? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

suave1477
05-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Yankeesfan welcome to the forum!!

And may I add the fact your a Yankees fan, that already makes you a great member here lol lol:D

Yankeesfan09
05-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Yankeesfan welcome to the forum!!

And may I add the fact your a Yankees fan, that already makes you a great member here lol lol:D

Thanks for the welcome! Lol being a Yankees fan is a nice little plus, although they sure have been a disappointment so far this season. :(

suave1477
05-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Yankeesfan tell me about it.

CC didn't get off to the start I was hoping for but Burnett although he gave up a few runs yesterday has been a nice surprise.
Teixiera has been a disaster
AROD starting off on the DL was terrible
Posada Bruney & Molina on the DL is terrible
Cody Ransom wasn;t so hot
Beroa I am not even sure what they were thinking of bringing him up
Pena is ok
Gardner I never thought was all that great to begin with
and I was hoping Pettitte would have been a tiny bit better then he has been.

Other then that everything is great lol lol:p

trsent
05-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Hello everyone, I just found out about this great site a few days ago and loved looking through old threads and seeing everyones amazing memorabilia. I have a question I hope someone may be able to help me with. I was wondering of anyone could tell me what to look for in an NBA game used jersey. Is there a distinct difference between a game used jersey and a Pro-cut jersey? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't care for The Yankees (though I like many of their individual players) but I will gladly help with the question you have asked.

A NBA "Game Used Jersey" should have been worn by the player in a NBA game. It is not "Used" if it was not worn in a game, even if just worn on the bench, available to play in a game. The jersey must have been worn by the player to be classified as "Game Used".

A player doesn't have to get into the game for it to be "Game Used" but as a buyer it would sure have been nice to have it worn in the game and not just while sitting on the bench.

Now, a NBA "Pro-Cut" jersey is one that is generally tagged, stitched and sized identically to what the player would wear, but it was never worn. The jersey sometimes can be found to have numbers and letters placed similar to the NBA game used jersey, but I have been pro-cuts with the numbers placed in a different place than the game used jerseys of the same player.

If you continue the discussion, often NBA Pro-Cut jerseys can be found being sold as Team Issued jerseys. A team issued jersey is one tagged and sized just like the player would wear in a NBA game. Many people do not like seeing a Pro-Cut jersey being sold as a Team Issued jersey, as they do not like the terminology but these two terms are often mixed and rightfully so because if the jersey is the same size, same tags (often NBA jersey have Made Exclusively for tags and year tags) and overall is the same thing - There is little difference from Team Issued and Pro-Cut when it comes to NBA jerseys.

Just keep this in mind, no where except in people's dreams does Team Issued have to mean a jersey hung in a locker but was never worn. Figure when looking at NBA Pro-Cut/Team Issued jerseys they are the same thing or often very similar.

Finally, if you buy a NBA Game Used Jersey - It has to be a Pro-Cut, Team Issued Jersey for it to have been worn in an NBA game. If you are looking at a jersey you bought as game used and trying to determine if it is or not - A good tool, though often not the only method - Is to use online photo files such as Getty Images and US Presswire (http://www.gettyimages.com/Editorial/Editorial.aspx?pg=1 and http://uspresswire.com/features/) and look for player pictures from the same time period and see if your numbers and letters are sewn in the same location.

If your jersey matches, this is a great start to verify that it was game used. If your jersey doesn't perfectly match - This doesn't mean the jersey is not game used, as sometimes not every jersey worn during the season can be viewed on these sites, but it is a helpful starting place.

Yankeesfan09
05-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Thank you very very much for the info trsent! I really appreciate that. I will be going to the sites you recommended and try to find matching photos. I hope the seller accepts my offer I just made him!

Yankeesfan09
05-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Also I forgot to ask, do you know how many jerseys a player goes through in a season roughly?

both-teams-played-hard
05-13-2009, 12:40 PM
If you want recent, modern NBA jerseys actually worn by NBA players, in NBA games...don't hesitate:http://www.meigray.com/

trsent
05-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Also I forgot to ask, do you know how many jerseys a player goes through in a season roughly?

No one can really say anymore. Remember Dennis Rodman used to throw a jersey in the stands after most games?

If a player wants to feed his entourage, he can wear two jerseys a game.

reed1216
05-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I agree with BTPH. If you're looking for jerseys worn from current players, I would go with MeiGray. There are a LOT of fakes and with MeiGray, you know you're getting the real thing. Best of luck!