PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on this jeter gamer...

gameu08
05-14-2009, 08:30 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360146995767&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&salenotsupported

I know kim has been around along time...its just a big investment into a bat for me wanted to hear what everyone thought

sportscentury
05-14-2009, 09:52 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360146995767&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&salenotsupported

I know kim has been around along time...its just a big investment into a bat for me wanted to hear what everyone thought

It looks good. I do not keep up on Jeter bat pricing, but from what I remember from skimming eBay, the price seems reasonable. This is probably not a bad time to buy Yankees items. You may want to call Kim/David and ask more about the bat (or get some more detailed photos). Seems like it would be a reasonable purchase, though.

Rboitano
05-15-2009, 11:51 PM
I personally do not like the bat because it is not the normal double dipped finish, also known as smith finish. If I were looking for a Jeter bat of that era 01-08, I would prefer the smith finish.

FanofGriffey3
05-16-2009, 11:51 AM
I personally do not like the bat because it is not the normal double dipped finish, also known as smith finish. If I were looking for a Jeter bat of that era 01-08, I would prefer the smith finish.

How can you tell the difference ? Sorry if this is a dumb question ! Chris

BMH
05-16-2009, 04:12 PM
The Smith finish consists of a filler applied twice to the bat and then a black finish coat. It is very hard to see the soft grain in a Smith finish bat unlike the pictures of the barrel of this bat in which you can see the grain.

On a side note, the last time Jeter received a bat without the Smith finish was 2004 for an order of Maple (3 bats) and an order of Beech. I'm not saying it's not real, but there was no order in 2007 for non Smith finish bats except for bats ordered by Steiner Sports.

BMH
05-16-2009, 04:14 PM
His last order for an Ash P72 in black was 2002.

ndevlin
05-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I know where there are two quality Jeter bats for sale. I'd list the link but it was either this one or a different one where I did and my post got deleted for whatever reason.

suicide_squeeze
05-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but Brian just explained the origins of this bat.

Non-Smith finish in 2007 was ordered by...........Steiner.

Add to that Derek's last order for an ash P72 model was..........in 2002.

Um, that says it all for me.

But whoever applied the game use on it did a real fine job!

suicide_squeeze
05-16-2009, 05:07 PM
BMH,

This post is a case in point why this site, and your information you so graciously share, is so important to the collecting community.

Abscent the insight collected here, people would be buying non-authentic stuff a LOT more often, and I for one commend you for the truthful tidbits you share with us all. Thanks again, Brian.

And good catch, Rboitano....a guys who knows his Jeter bats:)

FanofGriffey3
05-16-2009, 07:09 PM
The Smith finish consists of a filler applied twice to the bat and then a black finish coat. It is very hard to see the soft grain in a Smith finish bat unlike the pictures of the barrel of this bat in which you can see the grain.

On a side note, the last time Jeter received a bat without the Smith finish was 2004 for an order of Maple (3 bats) and an order of Beech. I'm not saying it's not real, but there was no order in 2007 for non Smith finish bats except for bats ordered by Steiner Sports.

Brian, thanks for the help in clarifying the smith finish.

BPH32
05-16-2009, 09:18 PM
I think I may just have the year wrong so lets not get ahead of ourselves. I will contact my source tomorrow till then I have removed the listing.
Thanks, Kim

BMH
05-17-2009, 11:23 AM
That's why I said it could still be real. All his bats look the same from 2002 through 2008. I will go over his records again just to make sure I didn't miss one.

I doubt it, but my guys on the floor might have forgot to put the Smith finish on the bats. Lord knows we've had him playing for the Mets before ;)

BMH
05-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah, his last order for regular black on a P72 was 4/2/02. He had a few more in 2002 and 2003 but they would have the "AirDried" logo on them instead of the "Powerized".

BPH32
05-17-2009, 06:27 PM
It's just as I thought in that I had the wrong year on the listing. Might sound convenient to the skeptical but thats the truth. This bat was purchased from Juan Iglesias, a member of GUU as you probably know, who is an agent and was given the bat by one of his clients. According to Juan he was given the bat in either 2001 or 2002 so it was either used in one of those years or before. Juan said you can contact him about it if you want to verify this info. We made a simple mistake when we got the bat in and put the wrong year on our label. I then went by the label to do my listing. A couple of things were said that I won't forget but I won't loose sleep over it. To BMH thanks for your help you are great for this forum and the info is priceless !
Thanks, Kim
Ball Park Heroes

buc
05-17-2009, 06:39 PM
It's just as I thought in that I had the wrong year on the listing. Might sound convenient to the skeptical but thats the truth. This bat was purchased from Juan Iglesias, a member of GUU as you probably know, who is an agent and was given the bat by one of his clients. According to Juan he was given the bat in either 2001 or 2002 so it was either used in one of those years or before. Juan said you can contact him about it if you want to verify this info. We made a simple mistake when we got the bat in and put the wrong year on our label. I then went by the label to do my listing. A couple of things were said that I won't forget but I won't loose sleep over it. To BMH thanks for your help you are great for this forum and the info is priceless !
Thanks, Kim
Ball Park Heroes

Kim, don't worry about the listing issue. Those of us who have bought from you before know you are the real deal...always answered questions, stand behind your products. Don't let idiotic comments made by suicide squeeze dissuade you.
And suicide squeeze, perhaps before you run your mouth on EVERY post about a seasoned, well respected seller, at least know who you are talking about and ask.

suave1477
05-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Kim, don't worry about the listing issue. Those of us who have bought from you before know you are the real deal...always answered questions, stand behind your products. Don't let idiotic comments made by suicide squeeze dissuade you.
And suicide squeeze, perhaps before you run your mouth on EVERY post about a seasoned, well respected seller, at least know who you are talking about and ask.

I agree Kim is a respectable seller. People shouldn't jump the gun on an item before asking. Sometimes we get emotional when we think we see someone trying to get over. I do it myself sometimes, but we need to keep focus on what this forum is about to help each other not just point fingers.

Rboitano
05-17-2009, 08:54 PM
I dont think anyone was pointing fingers. Just pointing out what the bat is, not a smith finish Jeter. Ball Park Heroes are very accurate with their descriptions and are in my opinion the best in the hobby.

buc
05-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but Brian just explained the origins of this bat.

Non-Smith finish in 2007 was ordered by...........Steiner.

Add to that Derek's last order for an ash P72 model was..........in 2002.

Um, that says it all for me.

But whoever applied the game use on it did a real fine job!

I'm pretty sure this is pointing fingers.

ndevlin
05-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Folks, he makes comments like that on every post. Always wants to be right, always rude. What else is new? Ive gotten used to it.

Rboitano
05-17-2009, 09:09 PM
I didnt read his post, but I was not trying to point fingers. I have purchased and traded with BPH since 1998 and never had a problem.

Danny899
05-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Kim, is there any chance you will relist this bat any time soon? Also, it's nice to see you posting here. Some of my bests pieces I've obtained from you. The 1990 A's World Series jerseys were awesome, especially the Henderson. I'll check Ebay from time to time to see if you relist the bat. Thanks!

HENMICK44
06-01-2009, 12:41 PM
What About The Jeter Bat On Ebay Now By Zanebats,any Insight Would Help? henmick44@optonline.net