PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Bats?

mattmueller
05-16-2009, 07:35 AM
What is the situation with Diablo Bats and MLB? I was of the understanding they were no longer approved by MLB for game bat use. Is this for maple bats only? Ash as well? Reason I ask is that in last night's (Fri 5-15) game, Prince Fielder used a D-bat in his first AB. Given the game was canceled after a couple innings, I couldn't find any photos to check specifics of the bat, but just curious if anybody knew the D-bat situation.

brianborsch
05-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Aren't Diablo Bats a different company from D-Bats? If so Diablo may be banned or whatever, but D-Bats can still be used.

BB

FanofGriffey3
05-16-2009, 08:24 AM
I could be wrong. But, I thought the problem with Diablo was the barrel color. When they changed to a lighter color I thought they were allowed to be used. Again, I could be wrong. Chris

Mauer7
05-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Diablo and D-Bat are two entirely seperate manufacturers. D-bat is still approved whereas Diablo is not. I believe Diablo was not abe to afford the increased insurance premiums with the new stricter bat regulations.

mattmueller
05-16-2009, 10:19 AM
My fault, not sure where the Diablo bat came from in the first sentence, I meant D-bat. Thanks for the clarity that D-bat is still ok.

Matt

OaklandAsFan
05-16-2009, 04:19 PM
I asked Eric Chavez during ST why he wasn't using Diablo bats anymore and he told me that MLB priced him out with their licensing fees.

BMH
05-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes, they are two different companies.

I doubt Diablo will ever make professional bats again, they burned a lot of bridges.