PDA

View Full Version : MLB Auction

grenda12
05-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Has anyone ever bought anything from MLB Auctions. I found a couple of items that I plan to bid on but Ive never dealt with them before. I have signed up for an account. Ive done that much so far. Just would like a little more info about it. How does it compare to eBay? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

SSB15
05-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I have purchased a few items w/o incident. I find the prices to be a little high.
I have no problem buying from MLB in the future.

Scott

AWA85
05-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Usually will face higher prices and plan on waiting a few weeks for the item to be shipped.

suave1477
05-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Prices tend to be a little high to sometimes a lot higher, but I think that is because you get a lot of novice collectors on there that see it is MLB Authenticated which in turn makes them feel a bit more comfortable to come out of there pocket. Shipping I have seen come within a few days of the auction ending, up to weeks. They unfortunately do not provide an actual LOA usually just the Hologram on the item and a invoice/receipt of what the item is sometimes with a picture of the item on the invoice/receipt.

dcgreg25
05-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I have bought a number of items through MLB auctions. Personally I like the auction interface they use and they often have very nice items. As many others have mentioned, the prices tend to be a bit high because it comes straight from major league baseball. My only other comment is that the customer service is terrible. There is no phone number to talk to a live person and the email customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Just my 2 cents, nice items but I wish they would add a customer service phone number. Best of luck!

rj_lucas
05-18-2009, 04:25 PM
As noted by others, they are very slow to ship. I had a lineup card from a milestone game arrive damaged, as it was shipped between two flimsy pieces of cardboard. Very disappointing, but they were easy to deal with on the return and promptly refunded the purchase. I did not have a customer support phone number but they responded to emails quickly.

All that said, I would pay the premium and purchase an item from MLB versus eBay any day of the week.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

joelsabi
05-19-2009, 12:48 PM
As noted by others, they are very slow to ship. I had a lineup card from a milestone game arrive damaged, as it was shipped between two flimsy pieces of cardboard. Very disappointing, but they were easy to deal with on the return and promptly refunded the purchase. I did not have a customer support phone number but they responded to emails quickly.

All that said, I would pay the premium and purchase an item from MLB versus eBay any day of the week.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

i believe there are many vendors who can sell their goods on mlb auctions so each is responsible for their shipping. in my case i had to email mlb to find out what happen to my lineup card order and they had to remind the vendor to ship it. it was shipped and when i got it in the mail it was in good condition. a box with the card and another box within the box for careful shipping.

SSB15
05-19-2009, 03:06 PM
I have also had a problem with customer service on a shipping issue. No one ever responded to me.

Scott

STLCardinalscollector
05-24-2009, 09:16 AM
I have won a couple of MLB auctions, most recently the Molina road jersey. I received the jersey on Thursday, less than four days after the auction, and a few months ago, a game used base in about three days. No complaints on my end.
David
Dcardfan@aol.com

Looking for Willie McGee, and unusual Cardinal items.

ifirocked
05-24-2009, 07:13 PM
It really depends on the item for shipping. All items are shipped directly from the teams themselves. Some teams just ship faster then others.