X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 33bird
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

1970s Cleveland Indians jersey..

Always loved those Red Indians jerseys. Would love to have one of Boog, Oscar, or Eck. But would take a common too (doesn't have to be a red one either). LMK what you got. Thanks!
  • dcgreg25
    • Jan 2008

Re: 1970s Cleveland Indians jersey..

There was a really nice Eck jersey in the last Legendary Auctions. Unfortunately, I got outbid on it during extended bidding. I will keep my eyes open for one and let you know if I see any more.

Comment

• TNTtoys
      • Aug 2006

I have a 1977 navy blue alternate Jeff Torborg Indians jersey -- I think it's also his rookie jersey. I hadn't given much thought to selling it because I too liked many of the old 70's and 80's styles. I bought his jersey specifically because he was a past manager of the Mets. If you're interested in this jersey, please feel free to shoot em an email -- TNT_Toys@yahoo.com
      Looking for ...
      Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
      Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
      Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• 33bird
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Send me a picture of it, if possible. I might be. Thanks!

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Todd:

This is not a commentary on any jersey mentioned in this thread, but this style was recycled on the MLB level frequently, in terms of year(s) of usage, as well as NOB and # changes. Many examples a re nice quality, but others resemble many of the Twins gamers of the late 1970s. Nick's jersey does have that one unique aspect, being his first manager's jersey (he was a coach on the Tribe who replaced Frank Robinson after Robby was shown the door). Good luck searching!

Dave M.
          Chicago area

Comment

• TNTtoys
            • Aug 2006

Sorry, I did put that incorrectly -- course it's always a crap shoot when I am trying to respond while I am supposed to be focused on work!!!

My Torborg jersey was likely one of the jerseys he wore during his first year as the Indians manager, not as a player... as he never played for the tribe (thanks Dave).
            Looking for ...
            Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
            Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
            Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• beantown
              • Nov 2005

Fusco Auctions currently has this Red '70's Indians Gamer and several other styles of Indians jerseys...

Bid online in live auctions from all over the world. Browse fine and decorative art, antiques, estate jewelry, coins and stamps, collectibles, and more!

Comment

• 33bird
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Thanks guys!

Comment

• jonincleve
                  • Apr 2006

please shoot me an email to compare notes. i say this with due respect ....damn you guys for 'outing' the jim kern jersey at fusco's. i saw that jersey 2 months ago and knew it was going into this auction here is a photo of my basement

take care
                  john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Ozric
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by jonincleve
                    please shoot me an email to compare notes. i say this with due respect ....damn you guys for 'outing' the jim kern jersey at fusco's. i saw that jersey 2 months ago and knew it was going into this auction here is a photo of my basement

take care
                    john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net

Hey John... That was my sentiment exactly. I plan on attending this auction and bidding on this jersey. I have been going to Paul's auctions for years and he has always been our local secret for a long time regarding a solid place to find great Browns and Tribe gear... I picked up my Kosar, Price, Olin, and a number of other jerseys from him in the past. I'm sure that I will see you there.

Comment

• dcgreg25
                      • Jan 2008

Ozric and John, unfortunately I will not be able to attend but will be participating online...we should consider comparing notes on these. Drop me an email at gregguy@hotmail.com if you want to discuss.

Comment

• 33bird
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2005

I picked up the Kern red Indians jersey is a round about way. Worked a deal with the seller on ebay after the Fusco auction. Should have it this week. Thanks guys! If you ever want to sell the Buddy Bell jersey let me know. I found a nice photo of it too. Here's the Kern jersey (all-star that year), and the Bell photo, and the 77 Indians team picture.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...