PDA

View Full Version : 1972 Texas Rangers jersey on eBay

dafivehole
05-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Currently on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8806495265&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT You don't see too many of these...

Roger

topekabob
05-08-2006, 12:04 AM
You're right, and it went for only a little over $200. Just my two cents, and my two cents only, but a while back on the forum I said I thought the Royals selling batting practice jerseys of terrible players off the 2005 team for $165 was a little rich, relative to what you can get off of ebay for close to that same amount. A number of people told me I was pretty much wrong. Everyone's different, but a 1972 Rangers knit is certainly worth more than $30 more than a Brian Poldberg PB Royals jersey. But that's just me. That's the beauty of collecting jerseys, to each their own.

trsent
05-08-2006, 02:22 PM
You're right, and it went for only a little over $200. Just my two cents, and my two cents only, but a while back on the forum I said I thought the Royals selling batting practice jerseys of terrible players off the 2005 team for $165 was a little rich, relative to what you can get off of ebay for close to that same amount. A number of people told me I was pretty much wrong. Everyone's different, but a 1972 Rangers knit is certainly worth more than $30 more than a Brian Poldberg PB Royals jersey. But that's just me. That's the beauty of collecting jerseys, to each their own.

The issue you are missing is The Royals do not care what stuff sells for on eBay. They own their jerseys, they are probably authentic and they are selling to the fans, not necessarily sports memorabilia dealers and collectors.

It is also a team selling right to the public, so their letters are about as solid as found in this industry.

WHITESOXJEFF
05-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Too me that was a heck of a deal. A '72 gamer for $208.00. Even though it was Janeski, its still a nice jersey.

topekabob
05-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Indeed. 1970's and 80's knit jerseys are great to collect and display and can be affordable if you're willing to buy common (or just plain bad!) players or jerseys that have been passed down to the minor leagues. For example, I found on ebay a 1985 yellow Oakland A's jersey of the inimitable "Dozier" for less than $100 and it's a "beauty" as far as knit pullovers go.