PDA

View Full Version : Question about mannequinns.......

Yankeesfan09
05-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I was just wondering where you all get your mannequinn displays from. I just picked up a Redick game worn jersey that I would like to put on a mannequinn display. I saw one or two from eBay that werent to bad, but I was just wondering if there are any other places. Thanks!

rj_lucas
05-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Five or six bags of plaster, a bathtub, and a couple hours of your time and you should be good to go.

You might want to have your wife/girlfriend standing by with a pickaxe though in case things go south :o

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

TriplexXxSports
05-21-2009, 12:12 PM
I get mine off of eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MALE-FULL-MANNEQUIN-3-4-TORSO-Form-Black-HERCULES-Small_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50950QQihZ005QQit emZ150346516651QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsup ported

They are full forms. They can go on a stand, tabletop, or hang 'em. For the price, you just can beat them.

chaidinar
05-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I found a couple on craigslist that only cost me $20 a piece. I would check your local craigslist and also check to see if any retail shops in your area are going out of business. You can usually find some relatively inexpensive ones there.

costas
05-21-2009, 01:26 PM
are those torsos long enough to full display game jerseys with extra length?

TriplexXxSports
05-21-2009, 01:41 PM
are those torsos long enough to full display game jerseys with extra length?

If the jersey happens to hang a little below the torso, just put it on top of something, like a couple off phone books or something. The bottom on them is solid so you and rest it on most anything that fits under it to obtain your desired height.

Gocong57
05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
I picked-up 2 for $.50 each when BC Sports closed one of their PA stores before their nationwide bankrupcy closure. The mannequins should have an internal knob adjustment on the support pole to accommodate any length of jersey.