PDA

View Full Version : New York Yankees/Mets Trainer Gus Mauch

trsent
05-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I just picked up a nice collection of memorabilia from the estate of former New York Yankees and New York Mets trainer Gus Mauch.

In searching the web for a biography on Gus Mauch, I come up empty. Can anyone help me find some sort of biographical information on Gus Mauch?

Included in the collection is some old reel to reel video tape of the 1953 World Series on 4 tapes. Some of the tape is worn and old, but I assume most of it can be put together again for use. Does anyone know about restoration for vintage video (it would be viewed on a projector) and if there is a resale market for such tape?

There are two other tapes that are not identified, but from the same collection.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

costas
05-21-2009, 01:55 PM
does this help any?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=888&dat=19830418&id=cR8MAAAAIBAJ&sjid=9l0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=2885,2741678

trsent
05-21-2009, 01:57 PM
does this help any?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=888&dat=19830418&id=cR8MAAAAIBAJ&sjid=9l0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=2885,2741678

Wow! That was fast! Thanks - That link is great!

Any help with the old tape knowledge or any other articles will be appreciated!

both-teams-played-hard
05-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Some of the tape is worn and old, but I assume most of it can be put together again for use. Does anyone know about restoration for vintage video (it would be viewed on a projector) and if there is a resale market for such tape?

Joel, sounds like some cool stuff...but what you want to call this is film...not tape nor video. Most likely 8mm or 16mm...just measure. You may have to send it off, but I'm sure someone in Chicago can lead you in the right direction. Film.

both-teams-played-hard
05-21-2009, 02:25 PM
http://legacydigital.net/8mm-and-16mm-film-to-dvd-conversion-services/?keyword=16mm%20film%20restoration&from=search&%7Bid%7D&gclid=CPDY8feQzpoCFSRPagod01f72w
If this isn't film from an historic occasion, then I don't think it is cost effective.

trsent
05-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Joel, sounds like some cool stuff...but what you want to call this is film...not tape nor video. Most likely 8mm or 16mm...just measure. You may have to send it off, but I'm sure someone in Chicago can lead you in the right direction. Film.

Thanks. Do I restore it myself or should I shop it for a buyer? I have no clue.

The collection is neat. Lots of programs and yearbooks. Some oddball stuff, like it appears there is a Casey Stengel Christmas ash tray and some pins and pendants. Some 1955 Yankees tour of Japan stuff and some Yankee Alumni Directories.

The Alumni Directories are cool - They offer home addresses and phone numbers of members of the team past and present.

both-teams-played-hard
05-21-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm sure there is someone in Chicago who can transfer the film to DVD...after you view the footage, you can decide whether it's necessary or worth the money for restoration.

lnfogel@aol.com
05-22-2009, 06:58 PM
would be interested in the mets items
thanks LNFOGEL@AOL.COM

cordovacollector
05-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Is Gus a brother to Gene Mauch? I'd be interested in anything with a Senator/Twins connection.