PDA

View Full Version : Retiring from the Hobby, will be selling off entire collection

The Titan
05-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Well Gentlemen, I never thought I would actually stop collecting much less sell off my entire collection. I also never thought I would settle down and have a family, now that seems to be on the horizon and got to get a few things in order. I'm just not as into the hobby as I use to be at one point.

I will be slowing selling off the entire collection here pretty soon. It mostly consists of San Antonio Spurs, Tennessee Titans and Houston Oilers pieces.

This is a great site and a great hobby with a ton of great people on here who konw their sh**. :D Thank you to everyone who was kind of enough to lend a hand and help out. I met some great people on here.

Thanks again for everything and for making this hobby what it is.

john_bevers@hotmail.com

roygrady
05-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Don't do it! :(

both-teams-played-hard
05-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Sorry, Titan. I don't accept your resignation. Once you're in the family, you're in the family for life. Happy collecting! Let us know when you get some new Spurs and Oilers pieces.

TAFKADixie
05-21-2009, 08:00 PM
I'd be interested in any Skip Wise (75-76 Spurs), Chris Whitney (93-95 Spurs) or Tracey Johnson (89 Oilers) you might have though I realize the chances are slim to none.

TriplexXxSports
05-21-2009, 08:21 PM
You know that being 'made' in the GUU Family comes with a penalty of death for turning!

Just kidding. I'm sure that many of us on here are sad to see your white flag. Congrats on the new adventures, and best of luck!

You will always be welcomed back. COLLECTING IS AN ADDICTION! YOU CANNOT HIDE FOR LONG!

PwKw13
05-21-2009, 09:48 PM
In 20 years you're going to be sorry you liquidated (Like throwing out those old baseball cards in the attic)!! Think twice.

suicide_squeeze
05-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Well Gentlemen, I never thought I would actually stop collecting much less sell off my entire collection. I also never thought I would settle down and have a family, now that seems to be on the horizon and got to get a few things in order. I'm just not as into the hobby as I use to be at one point.

I will be slowing selling off the entire collection here pretty soon.

john_bevers@hotmail.com

John,

My wife has a HOT single friend she'll set you up with.....both-teams-played-hard and I will snap off a few pictures of that occasion.

Don't sweat the kid stuff partner...there are tons of quality folks just waiting for their opportunity to adopt.

Think about it.....after Little League.......what IS there in life? Snap OUT of it!!

Now....have you set your mind on any nice Houston Texan pieces?

karamaxjoe
05-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Congrats to starting a family, but I would definitely not sell off all your stuff. Box everything up and take a break to become a parent for a little while. Once you find yourself confined to your house with two little kids in diapers, you're really going to want some kind of hobby to keep you sane.

I know.......I've been there myself.:rolleyes:

mattsr
05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Congrats to starting a family, but I would definitely not sell off all your stuff. Box everything up and take a break to become a parent for a little while. Once you find yourself confined to your house with two little kids in diapers, you're really going to want some kind of hobby to keep you sane.

I know.......I've been there myself.:rolleyes:

thats what i did. i boxed everything up for about 4 years when my kids were born. then i started collecting again. only to box everything up again when my father moved in. now my man cave is done and i still have everything. its like xmas all over again when you go through all your stuff. dont sell, keep it for your kids 20 years from now. thats my excuse when my wife told me i should sell my stuff. now she helps me out.

MSpecht
05-22-2009, 05:37 PM
I agree--- box it all up and save it until about 2028 when the kids are ready for college and you'll really need the money.

Mike

Fnazxc0114
05-22-2009, 06:05 PM
i had thought about quitting the hobby as well. i just decided to buy nicer items instead of buying whatever rangers stuff was out there. its a lot more fun buying one special item instead of ten frank catalanotto or ramon vazques bats. unless you really need the money id box it all up.