X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TNTtoys
    • Aug 2006

Prova Group

All,

I have an item that has been authenticated by the Prova Group. I attempted to look up this # in their database and get back a screen full of server exceptions and error messages.

I am attempting to click the "Item Lookup" button on the website http://www.provagroup.com/

Am I doing anything wrong? Is anyone else out there having the same trouble with their site?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com
  • cordovacollector
    • Mar 2009

Re: Prova Group

I got to the page you linked OK but on going to the Lookup page it came back as a certificate error. When I clicked to open the page regardless of the certificate error, I got to the correct page.

Comment

• josportsco
      Banned
      • Nov 2008

We have spoken to several individuals that are in contact with Prova. I do not think they have funds to keep the site up? Emmitt Smith's brother is the gentleman who runs Prova (his name has slipped my mind but I have his contact info at the office).

Comment

• TNTtoys
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by cordovacollector
        I got to the page you linked OK but on going to the Lookup page it came back as a certificate error. When I clicked to open the page regardless of the certificate error, I got to the correct page.
        Not exactly the problem. When you put in an identifier number and click ok, you get this...
        Attached Files
        Looking for ...
        Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
        Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
        Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• NEFAN
          • Jul 2008

Any new news on this group? Are the jerseys legit? I got directed to this page when googled them.

Comment

• short84
            • Dec 2008

Last I heard they are out of business. The primary thing to keep in mind is that BOTH game issued and game used items had prova chips attached to them. I have seen too many eBay sellers try to pass off game issued items as game used simply because they have a prova chip.

Comment

• NEFAN
              • Jul 2008

That explains the total lack of wear on this one.

Comment

• shafrancollectibles.com
                • Jun 2006

We have about 15-20 Cowboys jerseys here that came from Prova Group / Steiner and they were sold to us as Game Issued and they are just that - game issued. The Prova tagging does not automatically signify game use although it does appear that others are making that assumption with their online listings.

Comment

Working...