PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers Did I Miss Something?

suave1477
05-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Hello fellow members made I am stupid for asking this but did I miss something. In last nights game of the Texas Rangers vs. The Yankees. On the front of the Rangers jerseys said Los Rangers. When did they become LOS RANGERS?

DrJ
05-06-2006, 09:27 PM
I noticed their jerseys looked different last night, but I did not see a closeup and therefore didn't know what they said. I'm guessing this was for Cinco de Mayo.

Yankwood
05-06-2006, 09:28 PM
It was probably for that Cinco de Mayo crap.

island_style
05-07-2006, 04:28 AM
It was probably for that Cinco de Mayo crap.

Since the game was played on Friday, May 5th, it would be possible it was for Cinco de Mayo. Last season, and as discussed in a previous forum thread (might have been at the former site), the Giants took the field with Gigantes jerseys. I don't recall if that was for Cinco de Mayo, though.

I was at the Dodger game on Friday where they had a Cinco de Mayo fireworks show after the game. It was nice to watch the fireworks while sitting on the outfield grass. Personally, it's one of my favorite games to attend. I'll be moving out-of-state this Saturday, but will make sure to attend next season's Cinco de Mayo game.

pietraynor
05-07-2006, 07:06 AM
It appears that San Diego wore different unis on Saturday night, honoring the '48 Negro League team. See MLB.com for a glimpse.

walt33
05-07-2006, 07:13 AM
it was indeed for Cinco De Mayo. Each player is going to sign the jersey and auction it off later on in the year. ( they mentioned it during the broadcast)
Walt