PDA

View Full Version : Question about NFL Auctions Jerseys?

skinsfan0521
05-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi,

I'm just wondering if the "Authentic" jerseys that are listed on NFL auctions are just the retail authentic jerseys or if they're "Game Cut" or "Game Issued"? I thought I read a post on here before about how some of them are game issued and some are not... just wondering if there are any more details about these?

Thanks a lot!

-Brian

mvandor
05-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Hi,

I'm just wondering if the "Authentic" jerseys that are listed on NFL auctions are just the retail authentic jerseys or if they're "Game Cut" or "Game Issued"? I thought I read a post on here before about how some of them are game issued and some are not... just wondering if there are any more details about these?

Thanks a lot!

-Brian

NFL Auctions USUALLY uses the term "authentic" to refer to pro-cuts. Be cautious, however, as alot of them are NOT accurate to the player, or even the team. Example: my Philip Rivers has the short linemen sleeves rather than the ones he actually wears. A Ray Lewis sold today that lacked the on-field Reebok sleeve logos, and the Ravens sleeve patches. A Brees lacked the Captain's patch and I believe the Saints sleeve logos as well.

Prices vary wildly too, I've seen Rivers go between $400 and $700 for example.

Finally, carefully look at pics of the NOB as well, some are horrible applied crooked and off center.

BTW, I own and have compared a 2008 GU Dobbins to my 2008 Rivers and aside from the elastic waist customization on the Dobbins they appear identical.

skinsfan0521
05-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks a lot. I noticed that most of them look like "Game Cut", but I wasn't sure if their terminology was just different than the rest of the hobby and they meant "Game Issued".

Thanks again!

-Brian

mvandor
05-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks a lot. I noticed that most of them look like "Game Cut", but I wasn't sure if their terminology was just different than the rest of the hobby and they meant "Game Issued".

Thanks again!

-Brian

I actually had an email exchange with them about the terminology and one guy said they'd start using "pro-cut" - the accepted term in the collectible hobby, but they never changed. "Authentic" usually refers to top of the line retail like Reebok's authentics, and are very different from on field jerseys or "pro-cuts".