PDA

View Full Version : How Reliable is JO Sports Inc. ?

RKO18
05-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey guys, I apologize for asking if the answer is already obvious. I want to know how reliable josportsco is. I'm looking at a few of their G/W Raiders jerseys on their websites and the prices seem almost too good to be true, at least for some of them.

The jerseys I'm looking at say they comes with a COA from JO Sports and the Oakland Raiders. I was wondering if anyone else had bought any of these jerseys and could post them up so I can get a look at the jerseys and COA.

From what I've heard, Jo Sports seems to be very reliable so my post is not made out of any doubt, I'm just looking to hear from other collectors.

Dewey2007
05-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Very reliable from my experience. I've purchased two Raiders jerseys from them (Langston Walker & Adimchinobe Echemandu) and I was happy with both. The customer service is top notch as well.

You can find pics of my two jerseys by doing a search or checking out the NFL Items thread.

RKO18
05-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Did your jerseys come with Raiders COA's? Any chance I could see scans of the Raiders COA and the Jo Sports COA?

I looked them up and sweet jerseys by the way.

34swtns
05-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Already covered.....and recently:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=25895

Dewey2007
05-25-2009, 10:26 PM
My scanner is acting funny so I'll try and get them up later on. For the most part the COA's are not very detailed. The Raiders COA just states that this jersey was worn by (insert players name) during the 20?? season and is signed by the Raiders Equipment Mgr. It also comes with a hologram with matching serial numbers to the one on the tag that comes with the jersey.

Just be aware that the Raiders do recycle jerseys. My Echemandu is tagged 2006 but was worn during the 2008 preseason. The COA states it was worn in 2006 but he wore #20 that season so there's no way this jersey was worn by him at that time. I knew that before I bought it but I think the person who puts the COA's together for the Raiders just goes by what the jersey's year tag indicates and adds the players name.

Hope this helps...

sportscentury
05-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Already covered.....and recently:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=25895

This must be JOSportsCo week. There was also this one:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=25976

ChrisCavalier
05-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Hey guys, I apologize for asking if the answer is already obvious. I want to know how reliable josportsco is. I'm looking at a few of their G/W Raiders jerseys on their websites and the prices seem almost too good to be true, at least for some of them.

The jerseys I'm looking at say they comes with a COA from JO Sports and the Oakland Raiders. I was wondering if anyone else had bought any of these jerseys and could post them up so I can get a look at the jerseys and COA.

From what I've heard, Jo Sports seems to be very reliable so my post is not made out of any doubt, I'm just looking to hear from other collectors.

Hello Ryan,

Just wanted to let you know that Game Used Universe is also involved with the Raiders deal and you will see our logo on the COAs along with the logo of JO Sports. The COAs are also signed by an Oakland Raiders representative.

As for the items, GUU is located in Northern California and I pick up many of the items in person. In addition, once we get the items from the Raiders, Jarrod's group still confirms the item legitimacy through photomatching, etc. just to make sure there aren't any issues.

Net, I would say you can feel very comfortable acquiring Raiders game used items through JO Sports or GUU.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Dewey2007
05-26-2009, 01:04 AM
Did your jerseys come with Raiders COA's? Any chance I could see scans of the Raiders COA and the Jo Sports COA?

I looked them up and sweet jerseys by the way.

RKO18 here go the scans you wanted.

rose14
05-26-2009, 12:21 PM
A few months ago I purchased Michael Bush's road Raiders jersey from this past season. It shows a ton of use and plenty of repair marks and it came to me unwashed with grass stains everywhere from when he rushed for 176 yards and two touchdowns when the Raiders beat Tampa Bay in the last game of the season this past December. He wore this same jersey for each road game and it definitely shows it.

I couldn't have been happier when I got the jersey and I have photomatched it to the Tampa Bay game.

A++++ all the way.

nyjetsfan14
05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Hello Ryan,

Just wanted to let you know that Game Used Universe is also involved with the Raiders deal and you will see our logo on the COAs along with the logo of JO Sports. The COAs are also signed by an Oakland Raiders representative.

As for the items, GUU is located in Northern California and I pick up many of the items in person. In addition, once we get the items from the Raiders, Jarrod's group still confirms the item legitimacy through photomatching, etc. just to make sure there aren't any issues.

Net, I would say you can feel very comfortable acquiring Raiders game used items through JO Sports or GUU.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Hello Chris. I was wondering how much input GUU has in the pricing of these Raiders items? Is GUU's involvment exclusively with the Raiders only? If so, is there a desire to expand either in conjuction with JO or seperately? Is there a possibility these items will have a place in a regular GUU auction rather than a just fixed price store section?

Matthew

ChrisCavalier
05-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Hello Chris. I was wondering how much input GUU has in the pricing of these Raiders items? Is GUU's involvment exclusively with the Raiders only? If so, is there a desire to expand either in conjuction with JO or seperately? Is there a possibility these items will have a place in a regular GUU auction rather than a just fixed price store section?

Matthew

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your question. JO Sports and GUU have worked together to come up with the pricing on the Raiders items.

As for your question about additional programs, yes, we are working together with JO Sports on a few other deals that involve sourcing memorabilia either directly from teams or directly from players.

As for items showing up in auction as well as on a fixed price basis, that will likely happen although which items appear in auction has yet to be determined.

Please let me know if that answers your question.

nyjetsfan14
05-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your question. JO Sports and GUU have worked together to come up with the pricing on the Raiders items.

As for your question about additional programs, yes, we are working together with JO Sports on a few other deals that involve sourcing memorabilia either directly from teams or directly from players.

As for items showing up in auction as well as on a fixed price basis, that will likely happen although which items appear in auction has yet to be determined.

Please let me know if that answers your question.

That does answer my questions, thank you very much for the reply Chris and happy collecting to all.

GO JETS!
Matthew