PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Stadium Seats/Artifacts/Signs

zooat2
05-27-2009, 10:32 AM
-Anyone get any? Planning on getting any?

- I got a couple of signs and a seat back...

suave1477
05-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Ill wait for the prices to go down.

Seems in the auctions they are going way over board in bidding.

Swoboda4
05-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Like someone said,why would you buy a (restored) RYS seat when you can have an (original) OYS seat for less? Plus,seats are the most plentifull item out there,and you can acquire them at any time now or in the future.
Hope they sell the foul poles and then you should consider getting a three foot section(I have a 1 foot section of Shea's left field foul pole and I wish I had gotten a three foot section.)
I can't believe the cost of large sections of turf. Especially funny when in 2004 they removed the entire field and put it in the dumpster on River Ave for all to take. I still have large chunks removed after '04 playoffs.
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=19849

zooat2
05-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Like someone said,why would you buy a (restored) RYS seat when you can have an (original) OYS seat for less? Plus,seats are the most plentifull item out there,and you can acquire them at any time now or in the future.
Hope they sell the foul poles and then you should consider getting a three foot section(I have a 1 foot section of Shea's left field foul pole and I wish I had gotten a three foot section.)
I can't believe the cost of large sections of turf. Especially funny when in 2004 they removed the entire field and put it in the dumpster on River Ave for all to take. I still have large chunks removed after '04 playoffs.
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=19849

- I totally agree, I guess they are trying sell it as the LAST field?....either way its a rip off...

suave1477
05-27-2009, 11:32 AM
- I totally agree, I guess they are trying sell it as the LAST field?....either way its a rip off...

If you don't mind me asking? If you feel its a rip off then why not wait till when they lower the prices??

skinsfan0521
05-27-2009, 11:33 AM
I'd really like to get a pair of seats, but I just can't see spending $1500 (after tax & shipping) on two seats. I know to some on here, that's not a lot of money to spend on memorabilia, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Not to mention that I'm not really sure where I'd put them...but I'd find a spot!

I'm really, really hoping that the prices will come down on the seats sometime and I can pick a pair of them up.

-Brian

zooat2
05-27-2009, 12:07 PM
If you don't mind me asking? If you feel its a rip off then why not wait till when they lower the prices??

- I believe that the sod, full seat, pair seats, etc. are a rip off...I bought a sign for $200 and a seat back for $249 which I think was a little high but reasonable and I was willing to spend that amount, but that's it...I wont go next to anything else until it drops.. I hope that answer your question.

Mr.3000
05-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Mets Shea Stadium seats are being sold in pairs for approx. $900. Not a bad price, imo.

momen55
05-27-2009, 01:28 PM
its all overpriced! couple hundred max on seats. they are crumby plastic seats not original wood seats.

yanks12025
05-27-2009, 01:53 PM
You really can't get a original yankee stadium seat for under $1,500, a pair goes for alot more also.

zooat2
06-11-2009, 09:29 AM
- Has anyone that has ordered a sign rec'd it yet??? I was originallty told by Brett it would 2 to 3 weeks and this was on 5/11. Then I emailed him on 5/22 and he said it would be another 7 days. Then I emailed him again on 6/4 and he said it would ANOTHER 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Their service can be terrible at times and this is a classic example, so I just wanted to know if anyone has gotten anything?

BULBUS
06-11-2009, 09:58 AM
I ordered a sign a couple of weeks ago and I was told last week that it would be 2-3 weeks. I think they already charged my credit card though. They usually dont charge your card until the item ships. My guess is that they are waiting to get them from the Yankees.

bottomofthe9thonline
06-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Ordered two signs, billed for both of them over a month ago now, no word from Steiner on them... starting to get ticked as well. We get charged with no items being shipped, but you can walk away with one when you buy it from Steiner's set up at the New Stadium.

cjclong
06-11-2009, 10:47 AM
We went to the last two games at the old Yankee Stadium. We kept our ticket stubs and I contacted Steiner and was able to order the seats we sat in for the next to last game against Baltimore on Saturday. Steiner says that in some cases they can get you the seats you sat in. Wish I could have gotten the seats for the last game on Sunday but those appear to have been taken. Since these are the seats we sat in they were were worth it to us.

metsbats
06-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a sign on order too. Sent Brett two emails and have not had any response. Steiner charge by credit card too last month. I may contest the charge until they send me the sign.

metsbats
06-11-2009, 09:22 PM
It's amazing though that Brett is sending emails out for more stuff to buy though and ignore the emails about why we didn't receive things we bought months ago.

Gameusedfan1
06-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Just wanted to give everyone an update since I wholesale for Steiner. The Signs are supposed to be shipped out in two weeks.

Eric
06-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Anthony-
How many accounts do you operate under on the forum?
Thanks
Eric

zooat2
06-15-2009, 08:26 AM
WOW! This is absolute horse crap from Steiner...I emailed Brett back on 6/4 and he told me it would be another 10 days, so we shall see what happens this week..I'm beyond ticked off.....

metsbats
06-15-2009, 09:08 AM
WOW! This is absolute horse crap from Steiner...I emailed Brett back on 6/4 and he told me it would be another 10 days, so we shall see what happens this week..I'm beyond ticked off.....

At least you got a response. I got no response. Perhaps I should send my next inquiry under a different email address

yanksbats2000??

metsbats
06-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Brett just called me back to give an update. He said all seats and signs are out of the old Yankee stadium and they will begin to process sign orders this week and seats next month. It's been a long process to get the artifacts out of the stadium and what was slowing things down was the removal of the field sod due to the weather we've been having lately. That plus the process of having all artifacts authenticated and hologramed by MLB have thrown off initial estimates that have been given to us collectors.

It's also important to note that the items are in two different locations and not centrally located at Steiner headquarters. There's a warehouse in NJ and another in upstate NY.

Sounds like a lot is going on and lots of moving pieces to eventually get all this into the hands of collectors.

I'm satisfied with what I heard and confident I will eventually get my sign.

zooat2
06-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Brett just called me back to give an update. He said all seats and signs are out of the old Yankee stadium and they will begin to process sign orders this week and seats next month. It's been a long process to get the artifacts out of the stadium and what was slowing things down was the removal of the field sod due to the weather we've been having lately. That plus the process of having all artifacts authenticated and hologramed by MLB have thrown off initial estimates that have been given to us collectors.

It's also important to note that the items are in two different locations and not centrally located at Steiner headquarters. There's a warehouse in NJ and another in upstate NY.

Sounds like a lot is going on and lots of moving pieces to eventually get all this into the hands of collectors.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for filling us in. Its funny cause when I placed my order back on May 11th, Brett said all of the signs had been removed already and were in the warehouse. NOW he is telling a different story entirely!

I know of people that ALREADY got their seatbacks! Seems like they have no idea what the other hand is doing....

TFig27
06-26-2009, 10:25 PM

Did you get the sign yet?

metsbats
06-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Did you get the sign yet?

Not yet Tom .

metsbats
07-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Has anyone received any signs from Steiner yet?

Thanks

zooat2
07-06-2009, 08:13 AM
- I rec'd ONE of the signs I ordered last Wednesday, I'm still waiting for the other one.....

- On a side note, my wife got me a Steiner gift card for Father's Day and I went to new Stadium on Friday and could not use the gift card at their OWN STORE!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous!

TFig27
07-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Has anyone received any signs from Steiner yet?

Thanks

David,

I received one sign so far, waiting on 2 more.

Good luck

Tom

shafrancollectibles.com
07-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Just got one of mine in - talk about "unique" - hahahaha. The missing "P" really changes the meaning on this one!

http://www.shafrancollectibles.com/catalog/YS-Sign.jpg

metsbats
07-06-2009, 07:17 PM
I got my Foul Balls Be Alert sign today!

zooat2
07-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Just got one of mine in - talk about "unique" - hahahaha. The missing "P" really changes the meaning on this one!

http://www.shafrancollectibles.com/catalog/YS-Sign.jpg

-That's hilarious! I ordered the same sign and it came yesterday as well, w/ all letters attached.

BULBUS
07-07-2009, 09:43 AM
My "Smokers will be ejected" sign came last week. My sign has a 2 stickers on it. They look to be like some kind of Yankees inventory stickers. It is also pretty dirty. Should I remove the stickers and clean it up a little bit before I hang it on the wall? Or should I leave the Bronx filth? :D I will try and post some pics.

-Chris

zooat2
07-07-2009, 10:36 AM
My "Smokers will be ejected" sign came last week. My sign has a 2 stickers on it. They look to be like some kind of Yankees inventory stickers. It is also pretty dirty. Should I remove the stickers and clean it up a little bit before I hang it on the wall? Or should I leave the Bronx filth? :D I will try and post some pics.

-Chris

- Leave it! ha!! Its adds to the authenticity of it!

kylehess10
07-07-2009, 12:22 PM

-Chris

That reminds me of my trip to Yankee Stadium last year. Some guy was caught smoking, and the cop didn't just eject him, he grabbed him by his neck, and pushed him out of the stadium. Ever since I saw that I knew not to ever risk anything in Yankee Stadium :D

metsbats
07-07-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm keeping my sign as it came too: filthy

Just like a game used bat.

I have the backstop from Shea and left the pigeon poop on it too.

Laser110
07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I was at the Stadium on Monday for the game vs the Jays. Steiner has a display set up in the Great Hall and we stopped to look. THye have a great peice of the stain glass panel from the restuarnt there. I asked how much as was told $10,000. A little high, but when you think about how unique and one- of a kind that peice is, maybe not so bad. It's like buying a peice of art.

My friend had ordered a pair of seats when they first became available and was asking when he would get them. They told him they would ship out soon and he should have them by end of July.

I would love to have a pair, but $1500 is a little too much for me right now to spend. Hopefully in the future they will come down in price.

Scott