Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zooat2
    • Apr 2009

Yankee Stadium Seats/Artifacts/Signs

-Anyone get any? Planning on getting any?

- I got a couple of signs and a seat back...
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: Yankee Stadium Seats/Artifacts/Signs

Ill wait for the prices to go down.

Seems in the auctions they are going way over board in bidding.

Comment

• Swoboda4
      • Nov 2005

Like someone said,why would you buy a (restored) RYS seat when you can have an (original) OYS seat for less? Plus,seats are the most plentifull item out there,and you can acquire them at any time now or in the future.
      Hope they sell the foul poles and then you should consider getting a three foot section(I have a 1 foot section of Shea's left field foul pole and I wish I had gotten a three foot section.)
      I can't believe the cost of large sections of turf. Especially funny when in 2004 they removed the entire field and put it in the dumpster on River Ave for all to take. I still have large chunks removed after '04 playoffs.

Comment

• zooat2
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Swoboda4
        Like someone said,why would you buy a (restored) RYS seat when you can have an (original) OYS seat for less? Plus,seats are the most plentifull item out there,and you can acquire them at any time now or in the future.
        Hope they sell the foul poles and then you should consider getting a three foot section(I have a 1 foot section of Shea's left field foul pole and I wish I had gotten a three foot section.)
        I can't believe the cost of large sections of turf. Especially funny when in 2004 they removed the entire field and put it in the dumpster on River Ave for all to take. I still have large chunks removed after '04 playoffs.
        http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=19849

- I totally agree, I guess they are trying sell it as the LAST field?....either way its a rip off...

Comment

• suave1477
          Banned
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by zooat2
          - I totally agree, I guess they are trying sell it as the LAST field?....either way its a rip off...
          If you don't mind me asking? If you feel its a rip off then why not wait till when they lower the prices??

Comment

• skinsfan0521
            • Apr 2009

I'd really like to get a pair of seats, but I just can't see spending $1500 (after tax & shipping) on two seats. I know to some on here, that's not a lot of money to spend on memorabilia, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Not to mention that I'm not really sure where I'd put them...but I'd find a spot!

I'm really, really hoping that the prices will come down on the seats sometime and I can pick a pair of them up.

-Brian

Comment

• zooat2
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by suave1477
              If you don't mind me asking? If you feel its a rip off then why not wait till when they lower the prices??

- I believe that the sod, full seat, pair seats, etc. are a rip off...I bought a sign for $200 and a seat back for $249 which I think was a little high but reasonable and I was willing to spend that amount, but that's it...I wont go next to anything else until it drops.. I hope that answer your question.

Comment

• Mr.3000

Mets Shea Stadium seats are being sold in pairs for approx. $900. Not a bad price, imo.

Comment

• momen55
                  • Aug 2006

its all overpriced! couple hundred max on seats. they are crumby plastic seats not original wood seats.

Comment

• yanks12025
                    • Jan 2006

You really can't get a original yankee stadium seat for under $1,500, a pair goes for alot more also.

Comment

• zooat2
                      • Apr 2009

- Has anyone that has ordered a sign rec'd it yet??? I was originallty told by Brett it would 2 to 3 weeks and this was on 5/11. Then I emailed him on 5/22 and he said it would be another 7 days. Then I emailed him again on 6/4 and he said it would ANOTHER 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Their service can be terrible at times and this is a classic example, so I just wanted to know if anyone has gotten anything?

Comment

• BULBUS
                        • Nov 2005

I ordered a sign a couple of weeks ago and I was told last week that it would be 2-3 weeks. I think they already charged my credit card though. They usually dont charge your card until the item ships. My guess is that they are waiting to get them from the Yankees.
                        Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                        sigpic
                        donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• bottomofthe9thonline
                          • Jan 2009

Ordered two signs, billed for both of them over a month ago now, no word from Steiner on them... starting to get ticked as well. We get charged with no items being shipped, but you can walk away with one when you buy it from Steiner's set up at the New Stadium.
                          -Bottom of the 9th Sports Memorabilia

Comment

• cjclong
                            • Feb 2006

We went to the last two games at the old Yankee Stadium. We kept our ticket stubs and I contacted Steiner and was able to order the seats we sat in for the next to last game against Baltimore on Saturday. Steiner says that in some cases they can get you the seats you sat in. Wish I could have gotten the seats for the last game on Sunday but those appear to have been taken. Since these are the seats we sat in they were were worth it to us.

Comment

• metsbats
                              • Nov 2005

I have a sign on order too. Sent Brett two emails and have not had any response. Steiner charge by credit card too last month. I may contest the charge until they send me the sign.
                              metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

Working...