PDA

View Full Version : Possible PhotoMatch - Looking 4 Outside Opinions

TriplexXxSports
05-28-2009, 06:44 PM
I have put in "100's" of hours of research through photo and video for this. My attention to detail is exhausting and I think I have studied so much info that I am going blind.

We can all relate when trying to find a match. I just need an outside look to tell me if what I'm seeing is a correct match and not just my exhausted brain showing me what I want to see.

What do you think?.......Thanks in advance......

gingi79
05-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I would say it is a solid photomatch. If I was purchasing the item and was furnished those photos, I would be very comfortable telling people it is a definite photo match.

Good job!

Tay1038
05-28-2009, 08:46 PM
It looks pretty good to me! I'd call it a match.

Dewey2007
05-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Congrats on the match. Who's jersey is it?

marinersbaseballfan21
05-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to me like the marks in the square boxes are slanted opposite directions in the two pictures. It's got to be a match though since all the other marks match up exactly.

sportscentury
05-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to me like the marks in the square boxes are slanted opposite directions in the two pictures. It's got to be a match though since all the other marks match up exactly.

You're not crazy. If you tilt one of the photos so that they are aligned at the same angle, this discrepancy is even more pronouced/obvious. Several of the marks match up nicely, but I'm not sure what to make of this inconsistency.

TriplexXxSports
05-29-2009, 05:48 AM
Congrats on the match. Who's jersey is it?

I am not at liberty to disclose that information yet. ;)

TriplexXxSports
05-29-2009, 05:57 AM
You're not crazy. If you tilt one of the photos so that they are aligned at the same angle, this discrepancy is even more pronouced/obvious. Several of the marks match up nicely, but I'm not sure what to make of this inconsistency.

Your thoughts on this pic?.......

UGA-1
05-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Absolutley a match. I think the bottom marks are different however. The one on the right must have occured after the pic was taken. The others seem identical if you turn the pics to the same angle. CONGRATS!!!!!!!
I can't really tell on the patch however.

TriplexXxSports
05-29-2009, 06:45 AM
It is tough to get everything aligned. I use the 'negative' option on INFRANVIEW for white jerseys since it shows the marks better, but it does distort the image a little.

The patch was a pain b/c I had to blow up one of the pics, which distorts the heck out of them once you pass 2x the original size. The only thing I had on the patch was the threads to compare.

This is one of the main reasons I need outside looks. After cutting and pasting, and converting dozens of pics to compare, my eyes start to go hazy, lol.

If I had the jersey in hand I could provide a much more in depth analysis, but I don't. I am just going off the pics I was sent so I am limited by angles and so forth.

I will be presenting this piece to the athlete in July in hopes to obtain a Player LOA. In order for me to do this I need to be 110% sure that all of my documented evidence is spot on. It is always nice to have outside opinions.